AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
17-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-04-2016
Did anyone confirm with Opportunities Ontario whether settlement funds are required if the applicant is already employed in Ontario?

I called them on Wednesday and was told that if the balance in my bank account does not exceed the minimum amount required, I will have to provide a letter explaining my source of income and proof of income such as pay stabs. However, I heard a different story today that it is mandatory to have funds exceeding minimum amount despite having a job.

I don't want to waste $1500 if my PNP application will be rejected because of the funds even though I have already settled in Ontario.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RinRin said:
Did anyone confirm with Opportunities Ontario whether settlement funds are required if the applicant is already employed in Ontario?

I called them on Wednesday and was told that if the balance in my bank account does not exceed the minimum amount required, I will have to provide a letter explaining my source of income and proof of income such as pay stabs. However, I heard a different story today that it is mandatory to have funds exceeding minimum amount despite having a job.

I don't want to waste $1500 if my PNP application will be rejected because of the funds even though I have already settled in Ontario.
Based on what I found on this link (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/pnp.asp), it appears that settlement funds will NOT be required in your case as you are likely to be processed under CEC.

All the best!

RinRin

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
Nomination.....
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
04-11-2015
Med's Done....
17-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
LANDED..........
20-04-2016
It says on the OOPNP application guide that the applicant must demonstrate a minimum level of savings/income. Unlike the application guide of PNP for master/phD graduates, nowhere does it mention the funds explanatory letter. I emailed Opportunities Ontario yesterday for clarification hopefully they will get back to me soon.

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
RinRin said:
It says on the OOPNP application guide that the applicant must demonstrate a minimum level of savings/income. Unlike the application guide of PNP for master/phD graduates, nowhere does it mention the funds explanatory letter. I emailed Opportunities Ontario yesterday for clarification hopefully they will get back to me soon.
It does not ask for a bank certificate like FSW...I have a FD now that wud not be reflected in my final balance in bank statement...how do we explain this...besides I have received those money in feb by my dad...will I have to provide a letter from my dad stating it is a gift?...plz clear metoo if u get any specific answer

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Even im worried about same thing Im already working in Toronto and application is being assessed under CEC.

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
preeti.msingh109 said:
It does not ask for a bank certificate like FSW...I have a FD now that wud not be reflected in my final balance in bank statement...how do we explain this...besides I have received those money in feb by my dad...will I have to provide a letter from my dad stating it is a gift?...plz clear metoo if u get any specific answer
You need not mention that it is a gift. I had to show my financial information as well when i came here 7 yrs ago on a study permit. What OOPNP is looking for under the FSW stream is "liquid assets"; something that can be substituted/converted to cash on the fly. Bonds, stocks, cash in savings account, regular checquing account. All these are examples of liquid assets. House or land value is not a liquid asset and are considered as a "Solid Assets".
Below is a sample of the letter that you can provide along with bank statements (stamped & certified) The letter below can be written to you by your father or any sponsor from whom you will be receiving funds.

To Whomsoever it may concern (not exactly yhe same below, but something along those lines)
This is to certify that I __<name>_________ will be sponsoring my son/daughter ___<name>_________ with a sum of Rs __<amount>___ towards her living expenses. The aforementioned funds are available in my account as per the attached letter from the bank showing the same.

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do you think we guys need to show funds even if we are applying under CEC and have a job in Ontario ??

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
kiran_6sb said:
do you think we guys need to show funds even if we are applying under CEC and have a job in Ontario ??
There is no definiteive answer to your question as the OOPNP doesnt specify where the fund requirements are for CEC or PNP. There is only one condition, if you have an arranged employment then you don't have to show funds, else you do irrespective which category you belong to. See the extract from OOPNP site below

Settlement funds

1. You are required to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your dependents in Ontario. The minimum amount of funds is based on the number of family members in your household. These amounts are updated every year. The number of family members in your household includes you and both your accompanying and non accompanying dependents.

See chart.

Number of Family Members (including principal applicant) Canadian Funds
Minimum Required
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

Note: You do not have to show you have these funds if you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Ontario and you are currently working or authorized to work in Ontario.

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Dilbert,

Thanks for your reply .Im confused on this statement where it says minimum level of saving/Income

3.4 SETTLEMENT FUNDS
You are required to demonstrate a minimum level of savings/income to support yourself and your dependent family members. Your dependents include both the family members in your household who are accompanying you to Ontario and those who are not accompanying you.
For a definition of who is considered a dependent, please visit:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#d
For documents to prove your current employment or arranged employment, see Section 3.1.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kiran_6sb said:
Hello Dilbert,

Thanks for your reply .Im confused on this statement where it says minimum level of saving/Income

3.4 SETTLEMENT FUNDS
You are required to demonstrate a minimum level of savings/income to support yourself and your dependent family members. Your dependents include both the family members in your household who are accompanying you to Ontario and those who are not accompanying you.
For documents to prove your current employment or arranged employment, see Section 3.1.
Read this page thoroughly (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/pnp.asp). It describes PNP process after one gets nomination and has answers to your questions on Settlement Funds.

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
are you look in this one

Evaluating PNP applicants on A11.2

It is possible that a candidate may appear to meet the program requirements of more than one federal immigration program. When this occurs, the processing office must only determine that the applicant meets oneof the federal programs for which they have been tagged. Once the applicant is determined to have met one of the federal immigration programs there is no need for further assessment of the others.

Processing offices should assess PNP applicants for federal programs in the following order:

CEC
FSTP
FSWP
Should the applicant fail to meet the first program considered, the processing office should consider the other programs to which the applicant has been tagged in turn until the applicant either meets one program or all possible tagged programs have been considered.

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Im like 80 % sure that as we are CEC we dont need to show settlement funds , but when you see the OOPNP checklist ,there is a star mark(Mandatory) on Settlement funds

Dilbert

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
Doc's Request.
14-11-2015
Nomination.....
13-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
14-11-2015
Med's Request
14-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
18-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-04-2016
kiran_6sb said:
Hello Dilbert,

3.4 SETTLEMENT FUNDS
Criteria 1:Minimum Savings in the case of a single individual should have $11931 in the bank account either chequing or savings(refer table), if you are being accompanied by additional members then just use the table mentioned in my previous post to identify the correct amount. Now this is the case if you are unemployed,
Criteria 2:Minimum Incomein the case of a single individual should follow the same amounts as above. In this criteria, you have a job but it's not arranged employment or not LMIA approved.
Critera 3: Arranged Employment/LMIA : Do not need to show funds at all if and only if you are currently working in Ontario

For Critera1 & 2: Lets say you have 3 family members, your spouse your mom and your dad. But only you and your spouse decide to come to canada or be identified under the OOPNP program. So total number of dependents including yourself is 4, hence you must show savings/income of $22,170 even though your parents don't decide to accompany you.

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
Dilbert said:
You need not mention that it is a gift. I had to show my financial information as well when i came here 7 yrs ago on a study permit. What OOPNP is looking for under the FSW stream is "liquid assets"; something that can be substituted/converted to cash on the fly. Bonds, stocks, cash in savings account, regular checquing account. All these are examples of liquid assets. House or land value is not a liquid asset and are considered as a "Solid Assets".
Below is a sample of the letter that you can provide along with bank statements (stamped & certified) The letter below can be written to you by your father or any sponsor from whom you will be receiving funds.

To Whomsoever it may concern (not exactly yhe same below, but something along those lines)
This is to certify that I __<name>_________ will be sponsoring my son/daughter ___<name>_________ with a sum of Rs __<amount>___ towards her living expenses. The aforementioned funds are available in my account as per the attached letter from the bank showing the same.
Dilbert, thank u for the reply bt it is alryt to provide that letter for a student.visa application. Bt for FSW its a mandate to.show that the funds are entirely urs and not borrowed and not payable to anyone... it shud b under ur name and not even ur father mother...thats the concern

kiran_6sb

Star Member
Nov 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dilbert said:
Criteria 1:Minimum Savings in the case of a single individual should have $11931 in the bank account either chequing or savings(refer table), if you are being accompanied by additional members then just use the table mentioned in my previous post to identify the correct amount. Now this is the case if you are unemployed,
Criteria 2:Minimum Incomein the case of a single individual should follow the same amounts as above. In this criteria, you have a job but it's not arranged employment or not LMIA approved.
Critera 3: Arranged Employment/LMIA : Do not need to show funds at all if and only if you are currently working in Ontario

For Critera1 & 2: Lets say you have 3 family members, your spouse your mom and your dad. But only you and your spouse decide to come to canada or be identified under the OOPNP program. So total number of dependents including yourself is 4, hence you must show savings/income of $22,170 even though your parents don't decide to accompany you.
Thanks for the reply ..Do you know which one is better to show "Current Certification letter from Bank" or "Evidence of saving balance" as Im depositing the whole amount today