+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Settlement Funds - Buffalo (any US applicants out there?)

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am awaiting my PCC and am taking the IELTS on September 11. I had hoped to send in my application by the beginning of October. I was just about to deposit the settlement funds into my account by taking a cash advance on my credit card (which is basically the same as a bank loan)

But on the "Application for Permanent Residence –Skilled Worker– Visa Office Specific Instructions - Buffalo" I just read this:

SETTLEMENT FUNDS
Refer to the "Proof of Funds" section of our Web site for exact figures and
instructions.
Provide:
• original letter(s) from your bank(s) and/or other financial institution(s) confirming
the type(s) and current balance(s) of the account(s) you hold
• copies of monthly bank statements showing deposits and withdrawals for the 6
months prior to the submission of you application

I had planned to get a letter from my bank but I would not be able to provide the statements since I am just now depositing the money. The funds will remain untouched, of course. Might there be the possibility that by the time they get to my application they would request the statements then? By that time, 6 months may have passed since the deposit and they could see the funds are in there. Plus they would have the letter from my bank.

Or might they completely reject my application because of this one issue? If that is the case I will not continue with the process as I don't want to lose my money I paid for IELTS and the application fee, etc... :(

Thanks for your thoughts.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
I just submitted a letter from the bank.
It gave the totals under each account I held.
That should be just fine.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the reply, Honolulu. That relieves me a bit. May I ask, did you have the funds in the account 6 months prior to sending your application? You wrote "It gave the totals under each account I held." Did it include any dates, or just the totals? If I am going to do this I need to do the cash advance ASAP (while I can still get 0% APR until 2012! :) ) I am just really concerned since it doesn't say a letter from the bank OR statements. They seem to want both.

I just went back and saw that your PR was issued (congrats!!)...so they never asked for anything documenting how long the money had been in your account?

Provided I do well on the IELTS (and I should as it is my first nguage) I should be "in"...it will just be a matter of time. Oh yeah, and as long as my NOC is not capped by the time my application gets there!

Also, I understand "you may not borrow this money from a person" to mean an actual human, ie: family or friends as opposed to a bank loan or credit card cash advance type thing. Anyone have any insight on this?

Thoughts or experiences from anyone else?

Thanks!

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Hey Honolulu. was this rule of 6 bank statements there before when you applied. At least, I don't remember it when I applied and I only gave one statement as far as I remember.
I ask this because I wonder if it is a new rule.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted online bank statement of bank of america, cheking , savings and credit card entries of since last 7months, online statement with color copies and with bank address with phone and website. this online statement is also valid.
OMM

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Omm - i am curious if appendix A asked for at least 6 months of statements when you applied in 2009.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, omm. But my point is that I will not have had the money in my account for the past 6 months. If my PCC and IELTS results are returned to me when I think they will be, then I hope to send my app. before the beginning of October. The funds will have only been there for a little over a month.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaties,

May I ask what you submitted? Letter from the bank and/or statements? As you are saying though, perhaps this is a new rule.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
From my memory, I submitted only one statement.

Yeah, I am trying to figure out if this is a new rule (the 6 month statement thing) and if it is, then the OP may have to send 6 months of statements. If it was an old rule, then it might be okay to send one month of statement because they have so far been okay with my application.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am the original poster :)

That is what I need to know too, as I don't want to go through all of this (the cost of everything and time involved) only to possibly have my application rejected because I've not had the funds in my account for very long!

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I have read and replies to a PM I sent to someone it sounds as though this is the only thing that is going to keep me from submitting my application. :(

I hope I will be able to get a refund for the IELTS exam I am scheduled to take. :(

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
i didn't notice that you were the OP. :p

Why do you not want to take the IELTS. If you take it now, you can still submit your application when it is ready or next year when the new application year starts.

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm pretty sure IELTS can't be more than 6 months old. And the FBI clearance, which I am still waiting on, would have to be done all over again because it can't be more than 3 months old. All these time related things make it very difficult to coordinate.

I am now feeling very down about all of this... I have wanted this for over 4 years now. I had a Canadian BF whom I lost due to not being able to immigrate at the time. I still had the dream to move there, even though he is no longer in the picture. I was just there hiking a little over a week ago.

I could maybe still deposit the money and wait 6 months. But I would imagine the NOC 2121 cap would have been reached by then. :( I don't know what to do. :(

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are there any applicants since the June 2010 changes took effect that have any insight on this?

wideopenspaces

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For anyone that may be reading this, I was incorrect as far as the IELTS needing to be 6 months old or less. It needs to be 12 months or less.