+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September Intake 2013 students... Post here... We'll help each other...

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Mayank - I have applied for masters in Computer Science and ECE.

SO far I have received 3 offers :

Concordia - 2 years MEng in ECE

Windsor - 2 Years MEng in ECE

Dalhousie - 1 year MACS in Computer Science

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
Manpreet_rieit said:
@ Mayank - I have applied for masters in Computer Science and ECE.

SO far I have received 3 offers :

Concordia - 2 years MEng in ECE

Windsor - 2 Years MEng in ECE

Dalhousie - 1 year MACS in Computer Science
Lol Windsor !!... i live here.. small town

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
mayank_6 said:
@ ghatot201

Confirm one more thing...In NS or Manitoba... Job should be in the same field as your study to qualify for PNP ??? because in Alberta it is the case
It is preferable to have a job in your own field. But it is not mandatory. In manitoba it is much easier. you can also have a relative or friend vouch for you, if he or she is there legally.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@ghat201

Could you compare 2 Univ as per your knowledge- University of Ottawa for MEngg in Engg management program VS Concordia - MEngg in Quality systems Engg

Give the justification also in terms of Part time Jobs availability, PR Opp, Job Prospects further, Weather, City etc

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Ghatot - Ya I knw buddy... Windsor is a small town and there are no part time jobs available over there. One of my friend is also there and he also said the same thing as u did.

So what do you say.... out of Concordia & DAL.... Overall ranking of DAL is good(World ranking 250).... But in Computer Science... Concordia is good and ranked from 151 to 200 in the world. Now the thing is about the part time jobs and PR. Which one would you chose ??

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
@Manpreet

When u mention the world ranking of Concordia in Com Science as 151 to 200... Does it include the program I got selected for i.e. mEngg in Quality Systems Engg. ???

@Ghatot - Buddy, Please tell about this Program if you have any idea.

I selected this Program because I have relevant Work Exp of 2 years in IT industry in Quality Assurance domain.

B.Tech was in Electronics and Comm Engg

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
ghatot201 said:
Friend there are many things you come to know if you got an educational consultant which is not on any website. Sort of 'unwritten rules'. The SPP is fast track process for students with an impeccable academic record. Having 10 backlogs is a definite disadvantage.

I applied under the SPP for sept '11 intake. Visa got rejected because i had backlogs. I completed my degree in 6 years instead of 4 years. The rejection letter did not say the exact reason. Just a general comment that my education and professional qualification do not match my course of study in Canada.
To clear things up i called CIC and was informed that i had applied under the wrong category ie SPP. Sure enough after 3 months I applied again for jan '12 intake, only this time not under SPP. Visa got through and I am in Canada now for the last 14 months.
This is my personal experience. You may have different experiences.
I would re-iterate again. PLEASE DONT APPLY UNDER SPP IF YOU HAVE ANY BACKLOGS IN YOUR EDUCATION.
You said no one gets visa. Well, my 2 classmates are studying in centennial in mech program. One had 7 backlogs and other 11. They got through spp for sep12 batch.

My local friend too had 8 backlogs and he is studying in sheridan for sept 12.

Why disappoint someone saying you will not get visa.

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Mayank - I guess Quality System Engg. also comes under computer Science.... So yes its ranking is in 151-200. But overall academic ranking is around 500.

Moreover... as far as employers are concerned.... Concordia is rated as B. which is not that good.

DAL is rated as A-.

SO the rating is like : A+ A A- B+ B B- C+ C

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
First of all... I am not very much bothered about Ranking systems because there is nothing Concrete Ranking in Canada. Second, Ranking is just made by us only ...

and who is this EMPLOYER who rated Concordia as B :p I want to know his name ...

Montreal is bigger city as compared to Halifax so more Job opp. Moreover they both are good univ..

so, i thnk you are more inclined towards Dalhousie ...

What was your Academic Background stream ?

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D Well even I dont know who was the employer... but it was on a canadian site. I am not able to post that link... dont know why

My B.Tech was in Computer Science. Then 3 years of Experience in IT.

mayank_6

May 24, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
19-04-2017
Congratulation Manpreet...Our conversation resulted in adding one more Star in your Profile 8) Now you are 2 star member...

JainaFel

Feb 10, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Anyone applied to Sheridan? I applied for a PG HRM course. It says it's gonna take them til late March to give feedback. Does it usually take this long when I applied last week of January?

pritpalsingh

Jan 30, 2013
helo ...sir....my neame is pritpal singh...i have done my 10th with 65% nd 12th with 62%...nd after that i hve completed my itiin fitter with 79%....IELTS 6 bnads...nd nw i decided to aplly in sheridan college fr september intake..in mechanical technician tool making...what are the chances of my visa..nd when will i start my process fr visa.....its urgent plzzz reply

NadiaSamir

Nov 2, 2011
I applied for Bowvalley college for Business administration degree program, I already completed my BBA from UAE. I wanted to re-do it for more job opportunity. Will i get the visa

Can.ott

Feb 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO GUYS, PLEASE HELP ME TO MAKE A DECISION I am very confused, I got admission from 3-UNIVERSITIES
1. University of ottawa in m.eng engineering mngmnt
2. University of concordia M.Eng ECE (power systems)
3. University of New Brunswick M.Eng ECE (power systems)

Kindly tell me with respect to IMMIGRATION AND JOBS WHICH uni+course is better.

Please advice don't neglect the post as your comments will be very valuable for me.