+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September Intake 2013 students... Post here... We'll help each other...

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
mrprabhu said:
hello all, i took my gmat last month, it dragged me away from my thoughts for mba! i received 450 (Q=38, V=15)! highly depressed. my IELTS score is 6.5,(S=7 W=6 L=6.5 R=6.5)! i currently in automobile field, for nearly 3 years, after my graduation (2009)! i did BBA with 70%. can you, please, help me in deciding for my MBA. terribly confused. i have just applied for Vancouver Island University and expecting for my admission. what else would you suggest me, than this?
Hi,

Please don't get discouraged by the below information. It is just my personal view after exploring a lot in this field.

You need to have two things if you wish to go for MBA in a good university:
1) Good academic scores along with a decent GMAT score
2) Minimum 2-3 years of managerial work experience in relative field

I was placed in the same situation as you were sometime back on MBA, but then dropped the plan as i couldn't crack GMAT and didn't get admission in any reputed university with my score. I also would like to share the information that I have gathered on Non-GMAT universities which can be of some help to you:

I understand how hard these facts are going to be, but please don't get dejected.
In a class of 22 I couldn't find even one with a job after 1 year of program completion. I was lucky enough to meet a alumnae from one of these universities and was completely shocked to hear the fate of students with MBA degrees. If you are anxious only about getting a MBA tag to your name, these are the best ones for that. MBA from the below universities will definitely offer you a quality degree, but job prospects after MBA from them are pretty low. If you are confident about your capabilities and ready to spend some really valuable money, please go ahead with them.

Below are the few universities that offer MBA without GMAT in Canada:

•TRU - Clear pre-MBA program which is of 8 months and secure a place in their 10 months MBA program - Min 3 years work experience required
•VIU- 16 months dual degree program MBA & MIB - no work experience required
•Royal Roads - Min 6-7 Years work experience required
•Brock - MBA (International Student Program) - 18 months program - Focuses mainly on effective north-American communication
•University of New Brunswick – GMAT waiver will be given if you have good academic scores.

Personally I feel a PG certificate degree from a reputed college on very low cost is equivalent to masters from these universities.

Also please be advised that visa rejections will be comparatively high for these universities.

I also have admit from BROCK and VIU. But considering the risk involved I preferred PGD certificate.

All the best..!

S Uddin

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
All brothers can u pls tell me for sep 13 when I should submit papers

I am thinking to submit march 15
Is it ok or is there any rule that I am not able to submit before that period

My mother in law lives in Toronto and I applied for Nova Scotia
So I was thinking if I get visa in July or August then i may will stay few weeks with my mother in law ( Toronto)
Then I will go Nova Scotia

Do any one have idea if I got visa from which date it can be valid

I mean if apply early can I get my visa early date

Thanks

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
S Uddin said:
All brothers can u pls tell me for sep 13 when I should submit papers

I am thinking to submit march 15
Is it ok or is there any rule that I am not able to submit before that period

My mother in law lives in Toronto and I applied for Nova Scotia
So I was thinking if I get visa in July or August then i may will stay few weeks with my mother in law ( Toronto)
Then I will go Nova Scotia

Do any one have idea if I got visa from which date it can be valid

I mean if apply early can I get my visa early date

Thanks
Which country are you from ??

cute_guy

Feb 7, 2013
New_Aspirant said:
Hi,

Please don't get discouraged by the below information. It is just my personal view after exploring a lot in this field.

You need to have two things if you wish to go for MBA in a good university:
1) Good academic scores along with a decent GMAT score
2) Minimum 2-3 years of managerial work experience in relative field

I was placed in the same situation as you were sometime back on MBA, but then dropped the plan as i couldn't crack GMAT and didn't get admission in any reputed university with my score. I also would like to share the information that I have gathered on Non-GMAT universities which can be of some help to you:

I understand how hard these facts are going to be, but please don't get dejected.
In a class of 22 I couldn't find even one with a job after 1 year of program completion. I was lucky enough to meet a alumnae from one of these universities and was completely shocked to hear the fate of students with MBA degrees. If you are anxious only about getting a MBA tag to your name, these are the best ones for that. MBA from the below universities will definitely offer you a quality degree, but job prospects after MBA from them are pretty low. If you are confident about your capabilities and ready to spend some really valuable money, please go ahead with them.

Below are the few universities that offer MBA without GMAT in Canada:

•TRU - Clear pre-MBA program which is of 8 months and secure a place in their 10 months MBA program - Min 3 years work experience required
•VIU- 16 months dual degree program MBA & MIB - no work experience required
•Royal Roads - Min 6-7 Years work experience required
•Brock - MBA (International Student Program) - 18 months program - Focuses mainly on effective north-American communication
•University of New Brunswick – GMAT waiver will be given if you have good academic scores.

Personally I feel a PG certificate degree from a reputed college on very low cost is equivalent to masters from these universities.

Also please be advised that visa rejections will be comparatively high for these universities.

I also have admit from BROCK and VIU. But considering the risk involved I preferred PGD certificate.

All the best..!
Bro....IN Canada there is no concept of placements or campus recruitments.
Even the good MBA colleges don't offer placements and it takes around 3-4 months time post MBA to get a decent job from good colleges.
Even HEC Montreal website says 90-100% students found job within 6months.Same is the case with Telfer,Uni of Windsor and Simon Fraser Uni , which are considered better Uni than U quoted and definetly require a good GMAT score.
Usually it depends on the candidate to secure job during internship or post MBA and a lot of onus is on the student's past exp and confidence to secure job.

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
S Uddin said:
Bangladesh
Since your application will be processed at High Commission of Canada at Singapore,I would recommend you apply in First week of April.

It will take 45days+transit time.

Check this out >>>>> http://www.vfs-canada.com.bd/processing.aspx

S Uddin

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Thanks bro for reply but could you please tell me in average case how before class starting time they issue visa
My offer letter says class will start first week of September

So can I hope if I got visa may be

Valid date could be end of July of begging of August

Thanks

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017
S Uddin said:
Thanks bro for reply but could you please tell me in average case how before class starting time they issue visa
My offer letter says class will start first week of September

So can I hope if I got visa may be

Valid date could be end of July of begging of August

Thanks
Your visa date will be valid from the day they stamp the visa ;)

It will be advisable you do not travel to canada no early than 2months before class start date.

You have to enter canada before expiry date.

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
cute_guy said:
Bro....IN Canada there is no concept of placements or campus recruitments.
Even the good MBA colleges don't offer placements and it takes around 3-4 months time post MBA to get a decent job from good colleges.
Even HEC Montreal website says 90-100% students found job within 6months.Same is the case with Telfer,Uni of Windsor and Simon Fraser Uni , which are considered better Uni than U quoted and definetly require a good GMAT score.
Usually it depends on the candidate to secure job during internship or post MBA and a lot of onus is on the student's past exp and confidence to secure job.
Yes mate i agree.

I'm aware of the system and my point is to help candidates who are misguided by consultancies. A good GMAT score is always required for MBA and that is why i preferred PG diploma which is quite lower in grade as compared to master degree.

We might study anything here, but at the end individual skill matters the most to secure a job.

sani014

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my profile:
10th- 68%
12th- 73% in 2007
6 months DCA course (computer applications)
then 4 yrs work experience
Ielts- 6.5 overall
trying for 2 years computer programmer diploma in sherdian or seneca college.

When can i apply to these colleges?will they accept my application if i apply now or do I have to wait till after may intake?

NadiaSamir

Nov 2, 2011
I have applied for Bow valley college- Sept, got admission. I have submitted my documents to immigration with my children. What are my chances of getting visa??

New_Aspirant

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
sani014 said:
my profile:
10th- 68%
12th- 73% in 2007
6 months DCA course (computer applications)
then 4 yrs work experience
Ielts- 6.5 overall
trying for 2 years computer programmer diploma in sherdian or seneca college.

When can i apply to these colleges?will they accept my application if i apply now or do I have to wait till after may intake?
Admissions for sept intake have started in few colleges. Kindly check the college website and drop a query to their mail on the application submission date for sept intake. It is always better to be in touch with college authority for all queries.

All the best..!!

S Uddin

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
dear brother i am applying for nova scotia sep 13

i dont know any one there could you pls give me idea how i could rent room

how much would be cost ect ect bcz i never travel abroad before

some more info about nova scotia

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC