+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September AOR join here

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
hi
i received my notes today no progress in my file in fact after putting me for interview in march 2018 they did not even open my file m just stuck hanging and waiting for interview to be scheduled its so frustrating 14 months and they cannot even schedule interview
they did not even start my security not even 50 percent of my app is processed
medical : passed
eligibility : recommend interview
security : not started
In your GCMS notes, in the activity/sub-activity that says, "eligibility: recommend interview", do you see fields like "Created Date", "Updated Date", "Status Updated Date", "Due Date". What is the due date that you see (if available)?

Karan.oo8

Nov 9, 2018
Hi Guys,

Starting thread for those who have AOR in September 2017 - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

There is already a watsapp group for September AOR - please leave a request (dont share number, just a request saying: add me to watsapp) and i will send you an invite link.

Below I will post some information which you may find useful going forward.

Some FAQ:

Q: How to find my visa office?

A: Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

Q: Can you explain background status changes (by other forum member, not my):

A: Background statuses explained:

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.

1. Not needed at this time (NN)
  2. Not Started (NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
  2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don’t get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I’m using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

I will post more as we progress.

Thanks!
Hey.. Just found this
Aor-15 sept
Medical -13 oct
Wud like to join watsapp group .. Please send me d link

halou

Nov 15, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am a Chinese applicant. I submitted my Express Entry-FSW application in China and I am living in Canada now.
My AOR date is Sep 19, and It has been 2 month today. My current status is still the same:

Review of eligibility//////////We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results//////////You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents//////////We do not need additional documents.
Interview//////////You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics//////////We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check//////////Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision//////////Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is my status in a normal time?
BTW, I have a Chinese friend who got his AOR on October 1, and PPR on November 27.

dotsil

Feb 3, 2018
hi
i received my notes today no progress in my file in fact after putting me for interview in march 2018 they did not even open my file m just stuck hanging and waiting for interview to be scheduled its so frustrating 14 months and they cannot even schedule interview
they did not even start my security not even 50 percent of my app is processed
medical : passed
eligibility : recommend interview
security : not started
Hello! Hope you are fine.
Are there any news for your application?
I hope so (no news for me yet).

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello everyone,
I am a Chinese applicant. I submitted my Express Entry-FSW application in China and I am living in Canada now.
My AOR date is Sep 19, and It has been 2 month today. My current status is still the same:

Review of eligibility//////////We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results//////////You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents//////////We do not need additional documents.
Interview//////////You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics//////////We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check//////////Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision//////////Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Is my status in a normal time?
BTW, I have a Chinese friend who got his AOR on October 1, and PPR on November 27.
It is very normal. It has barely been 2.5 months since you submitted your application. Wait patiently for another month and if then nothing happens then you can choose to decide whether to order GCMS notes for your profile (after about 4 months of your submission)

dotsil

Feb 3, 2018
yes applied 4 times but no change in gcms notes from the first one to last one the recent ones i ordered was in October
Hello!
A friend told me lots of "pending PPRs" were sent last week. Mine did not come.

There is a new progress bar and status section in the CIC My Account website.
Mine just confirmed all I knew already.
Has anyone found it useful at all?