+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September AOR join here

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Based on the average mean processing time, it's most likely a 6-month wait.
Is that right? :eek:
This is what IRCC states. That 80% cases are processed in 6 months time. They are updating their policies regarding application processing times. Many in this forum have had to wait much longer than 6 months as well (I had to wait 11 months), while for some the wait was less than 6 months (even 4 months in some cases). It depends on many things, like what kind of Security Screening is performed and how many agencies are involved in that. If you just submitted your application and got AOR, keep an eye on your online account and see when it goes to various stages, such as NA1, NA2, IP1, IP2, Meds Passed, etc. Sit back and enjoy the ride!

yellowhornet

Star Member
Feb 4, 2018
This is what IRCC states. That 80% cases are processed in 6 months time. They are updating their policies regarding application processing times. Many in this forum have had to wait much longer than 6 months as well (I had to wait 11 months), while for some the wait was less than 6 months (even 4 months in some cases). It depends on many things, like what kind of Security Screening is performed and how many agencies are involved in that. If you just submitted your application and got AOR, keep an eye on your online account and see when it goes to various stages, such as NA1, NA2, IP1, IP2, Meds Passed, etc. Sit back and enjoy the ride!
Thanks again for the information.
BTW, can I ask how did you survive the 11 months? I don't think I can stay sane for that long.

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Thanks again for the information.
BTW, can I ask how did you survive the 11 months? I don't think I can stay sane for that long.
Well it was difficult at first, but then one gets used to it and encounters a quiet resignation to fate ! There's no use worrying. Many of us did Case Specific Enquiries beyond the 6 month mark and ordered GCMS notes to find out more. Anyway, there's no use worrying too much, its not in our hands.

yellowhornet

Star Member
Feb 4, 2018
Well it was difficult at first, but then one gets used to it and encounters a quiet resignation to fate ! There's no use worrying. Many of us did Case Specific Enquiries beyond the 6 month mark and ordered GCMS notes to find out more. Anyway, there's no use worrying too much, its not in our hands.
LOL.
I'd say we who seek emigration are already the kind who have refused to resign to fate, which makes this wait excruciating.

Karan_10

May 9, 2018
Hi Guys

HI

Just a small question, under kids section post ITA application it asks whether the child can communicate in English or French, my son is 7 years old and can communicate in English to an extent. What should I select English or neither English and French?

dotsil

Feb 3, 2018
Hello everyone,

I received the PPR finally

my medical will expire in 5 days and no new medical test was required . Does anyone have an idea what will be the expiry date of COPR ? I am afraid to give me a couple of days to land.

thanks in advance
Congratulations! I recently raised 2nd CSE and ordered 3rd GCMS notes as well.
My medicals are expiring soon too and I am hoping to finally receive PPR (additional documents for background check were requested and provided over 5 months ago).
If you can, please share how you get to deal with the expiring medicals and COPR dates. Best of luck!

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Congratulations! I recently raised 2nd CSE and ordered 3rd GCMS notes as well.
My medicals are expiring soon too and I am hoping to finally receive PPR (additional documents for background check were requested and provided over 5 months ago).
If you can, please share how you get to deal with the expiring medicals and COPR dates. Best of luck!
Have you done a CSE specifically about expiring medicals? Have a look at post 3971 of the August 2017 AOR thread. This may give an idea. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-aor-2017.508450/page-265#post-7134876

dotsil

Feb 3, 2018
Have you done a CSE specifically about expiring medicals? Have a look at post 3971 of the August 2017 AOR thread. This may give an idea. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/august-aor-2017.508450/page-265#post-7134876
Hi! Thank you for sharing that post.
That response is similar to the generic one I received as most recent e-mail response.

Although I mentioned them on my last CSE, maybe I should raise CSE specifically about expiring medicals (passed since October 17,2017).

Let's see what happens!

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hi! Thank you for sharing that post.
That response is similar to the generic one I received as most recent e-mail response.

Although I mentioned them on my last CSE, maybe I should raise CSE specifically about expiring medicals (passed since October 17,2017).

Let's see what happens!
Yes that may help. All the best.

dotsil

Feb 3, 2018
Thank you!

Indeed... I just noticed a change in my application status. (Current Status: "Updated")

*Review of medical results:

Old value since October 2017

"You passed the medical exam. "

New value (last reviewed a week ago)

"You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes".

If I run with Caro.caro's luck, my PPR should be here soon (hopefully). ☆

This is driving me crazy already!

CarolineC

Sep 7, 2018
Could I please ask how I can join the whatsapp group? +1-778-996-9438. Thanks a lot. Received AOR and waiting for next step.

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Thank you!

Indeed... I just noticed a change in my application status. (Current Status: "Updated")

*Review of medical results:

Old value since October 2017

"You passed the medical exam. "

New value (last reviewed a week ago)

"You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes".

If I run with Caro.caro's luck, my PPR should be here soon (hopefully). ☆

This is driving me crazy already!
All the best! This definitely shows that there is movement on your application. I had the exact same thing happen with me in May. Meds status went from "You passed the medical exam" to "You do not need a medical exam ..." and then back to "You passed the medical exam" four days later. Keep your fingers crossed ... hopefully PPR is coming your way soon :)

Reactions: dotsil