App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
AOR Received.
09-14-2017
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Congratulations @ferrhari

Hi @msrdy
My medicals were originally expiring on August 16, 2018. The CoPR validity is set until May 20, 2019. CoPR also mentions "Medical Details" and their validity is also until May 20, 2019 (PR Visa has been issued with the same validity). So they extended the validity of my medicals. I don't know if they will ask you to repeat medicals or extend the validity of original medicals. For example, they extended the validity of my medicals but asked @ferrhari to repeat medicals. Perhaps this is because I am already in Canada (FSW-Inland applicant) and haven't left the country for travel after my medicals last year. @ferrhari are you an outland or an inland applicant? Good luck everyone.
Thank you for the information @sa719.

Reactions: sa719

msrdy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
AOR Received.
09-14-2017
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Thanks@sa719
I am outland fsw applicant...
Good luck to all the applicants ...i think all of you should receive it before the one yr mark or closer to it
Looks like FSW-O applicants have to repeat their medicals if they are close to expiration.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
I am September 1, 2017 AOR and my medicals were also expiring in August. I got PPR earlier this month. I can understand how you are feeling but don't lose hope. I realized at around the 9 month mark that there is no use stressing about PPR, since its beyond our control.
I did multiple CSEs till May 2018 (last one was in May) but each time received the standard response. So I ordered GCMS notes from the IRCC in May which came in June and revealed that everything but security are clear. In June I ordered CSIS notes to try to find out more about security screening, and received a response in July which confirmed that my application was in Security Screening (no other info was provided). I have read on these forums that sometimes GCMS notes from IRCC or from other concerned departments tend to also have an effect of moving along an application. I have no idea if this is true. Have you ordered GCMS notes from the IRCC?
Hi Sa719 congrats on getting PPR.
I wanted check if you received CSIS notes as a one page letter by post?
Does this letter contain wording like the following:

CSIS PPU 005 Security Assessments/Advice - Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1)(a) and 22(1)(b) of the Act until your case is completed.

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hi Sa719 congrats on getting PPR.
I wanted check if you received CSIS notes as a one page letter by post?
Does this letter contain wording like the following:

CSIS PPU 005 Security Assessments/Advice - Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1)(a) and 22(1)(b) of the Act until your case is completed.
Yes I received CSIS notes as a one page letter by post (unlike the IRCC GCMS notes which came through email). The wording of the letter is quite similar to what you have mentioned. However, it does not mention the opening part that you mentioned (CSIS PPU 005 Security Assessments/Advice) and refers to different sections of the Act.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Yes I received CSIS notes as a one page letter by post (unlike the IRCC GCMS notes which came through email). The wording of the letter is quite similar to what you have mentioned. However, it does not mention the opening part that you mentioned (CSIS PPU 005 Security Assessments/Advice) and refers to different sections of the Act.
Can you highlight which section does your note refer to ? Did you order notes from the ATIP website or via third party websites such as getgcms ?

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
I think their is no difference between S.21 vs S.15.
S.21 is with Privacy Act where as S.15 is with Access to Information Act

Did you have an extensive travel history because of which you got pulled over for SS ?
This was my guess that S21 must be for the Privacy Act, but thank you for clarifying.

My travel history isn't extensive. I just have had a few trips between Canada and my home country (Pakistan) with a brief transit stop-over elsewhere.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
This was my guess that S21 must be for the Privacy Act, but thank you for clarifying.

My travel history isn't extensive. I just have had a few trips between Canada and my home country (Pakistan) with a brief transit stop-over elsewhere.
So as I see your country of origin could come into play(which I say is very unfortunate).
In my case I have a extensive travel history and was residing in UAE for almost 15 yrs...

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
So as I see your country of origin could come into play(which I say is very unfortunate).
In my case I have a extensive travel history and was residing in UAE for almost 15 yrs...
Yes that could be it. However, I know of some other people from Pakistan who have had their cases processed in 4~5 months as well.

msrdy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
AOR Received.
09-14-2017
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
They refer to Sections 15(1), 16(1)(a) and 16(1)(c) (Access to Information Act). I ordered through the ATIP website (https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en)
Hello,
The website says you have to be a "Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada".
How do people applying from outside apply?
Do we have any other option, other than applying through private entities like GCMS?

sa719

Star Member
May 28, 2018
Hello,
The website says you have to be a "Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or an individual or corporation currently present in Canada".
How do people applying from outside apply?
Do we have any other option, other than applying through private entities like GCMS?
Yes this is a requirement that has to be met. I requested my case notes myself since I am already in Canada. Outland applicants need to apply through a representative who is in Canada. They need to appoint a "Designated Representative" and sign a Consent Form in favor of that person/entity.

Reactions: msrdy

msrdy

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
01-12-2017
AOR Received.
09-14-2017
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Yes this is a requirement that has to be met. I requested my case notes myself since I am already in Canada. Outland applicants need to apply through a representative who is in Canada. They need to appoint a "Designated Representative" and sign a Consent Form in favor of that person/entity.
Thank you for the information @sa719 :).

Last edited:

Caro.caro

Oct 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

AOR : 25-9-2017
IP2 : 3-11-2017
Medical will expire on 17-9-2018

I found a ghost update today in my account, Do you have any idea what is this update?

I raised a CSE (Case specific enquiry) about the statues of my application and whether should I redo the medical or not from 3 days, Can this be related to today's ghost update?

any help is really appreciated

Last edited:
Reactions: bimale4bipeople

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello everyone,

AOR : 25-9-2017
IP2 : 3-11-2017
Medical will expire on 17-9-2018

I found a ghost update today in my account, Do you have any idea what is this update?

I raised a CSE (Case specific enquiry) about the statues of my application and whether should I redo the medical or not from 3 days, Can this be related to today's ghost update?

any help is really appreciated
Not sure if it is because of that... It could be that you are nearing the 1 year anniversary from your AoR, the IRCC folks would have woken up to take notice about your application...

Reactions: Caro.caro