+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September AOR join here

MYam823

Oct 30, 2017
I see. You r at NA3 then.. Guess your PPR will come in no time Remember to check all your email accounts including junks! Good luck...
finally today my status moved to IP2.. May the wait be short for me and all of us who are waitng for PPR!! Good luck to all of us...;);)

davesh

Oct 9, 2017
Hi all...
Does anybody know about the speed of paper applications??
My online application was canceled by cic.. and they created another application
But my GCMS notes show that this new application is a paper application
So wanted to understand the speed of paper application
Medicals passed and ADNR stages over for new application

dimple34

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Congrats!!

If you don't mind can you please share you timeline?

Thanks
Hi,
Please find below:
AOR - september 21st
medical - 6 october
NA1, IP2 - somewhere after 6 october, not sure
NA2 - since october 18
passport request - 25 November.

dimple34

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Congrats. How long was your status in na2 and when did it change to Ip2?
Was ppr shortly after ip2?
PPR was definitely shortly after IP2 cuz I didn't even notice it. The max difference would be 2 days for me, cuz I didn't check cic for 2 days in between. For NA2 it took about a month and 10 days.

kjabbar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2016
I am not sure abt d basis regarding timelines. My BG is NA since October 1 .I have received that how to find the job on 6th November n very next day my document status changed to we do not need additional documents....but My BG is still NA.
Did you check for ur Visa office?

alisufyan

Jan 1, 2015
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-09-2017
AOR Received.
29-09-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Submitted along with Application
Hi guyz
today i got a message from CIC requesting for Height and eye color details of all my family members along with biographical page of passport of all my family members. Now all these details of myself, my wife and my kid was already provided at the time of submitting the application. i am just wondering that words family members refers to my wife and kid or CIC is requesting the details of my parents and siblings. Any insight on this????

Xirconium

Aug 21, 2017
Hi Guys,

Starting thread for those who have AOR in September 2017 - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

There is already a watsapp group for September AOR - please leave a request (dont share number, just a request saying: add me to watsapp) and i will send you an invite link.

Below I will post some information which you may find useful going forward.

Some FAQ:

Q: How to find my visa office?

A: Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

Q: Can you explain background status changes (by other forum member, not my):

A: Background statuses explained:

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.

1. Not needed at this time (NN)
  2. Not Started (NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
  2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don’t get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I’m using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

I will post more as we progress.

Thanks!
Hello

Two things, First, will you please add me to whatsapp?

Second, is it helpful to know which Visa office the application is being processed?

Last edited:

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
Hi all...
Does anybody know about the speed of paper applications??
My online application was canceled by cic.. and they created another application
But my GCMS notes show that this new application is a paper application
So wanted to understand the speed of paper application
Medicals passed and ADNR stages over for new application
Paper application take 12 - 16 months to process.... why did cic cancel your application and create a new one without you asking??

Xirconium

Aug 21, 2017
Hello

I'm here on the forums for my spouse. I'm trying to figure out where he might be in the processing stages.
This is our third application due to bad advice from our lawyer and paperwork errors that cause the application to be cancelled twice, so we are nervous.

AOR was received Sept 20, 2017.

Currently this is what his application states:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The additional documents they requested were a copy of his IELTS or CELPIP language proficiency results which we sent on Nov 4 (and again on Nov 20 since they said they never received it on Nov 4...although it shows as uploaded on the website)

Jas171

Mar 8, 2017
Hello

I'm here on the forums for my spouse. I'm trying to figure out where he might be in the processing stages.
This is our third application due to bad advice from our lawyer and paperwork errors that cause the application to be cancelled twice, so we are nervous.

AOR was received Sept 20, 2017.

Currently this is what his application states:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. Help - Application status
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The additional documents they requested were a copy of his IELTS or CELPIP language proficiency results which we sent on Nov 4 (and again on Nov 20 since they said they never received it on Nov 4...although it shows as uploaded on the website)
You are at ip2 stage and next stage is ppr.
You are almost there. Don’t worry. It’s almost over.
In 1-2 days, you will get ppr email. Keep checking your spam emails too.

Reactions: Xirconium

Xirconium

Aug 21, 2017
You are at ip2 stage and next stage is ppr.
You are almost there. Don’t worry. It’s almost over.
In 1-2 days, you will get ppr email. Keep checking your spam emails too.
Thanks! Will keep our fingers crossed.

Is the PPR only emailed (or mailed) or does a note get placed on the CIC account online? (if you know the answer)

Jas171

Mar 8, 2017
You will get email directly. Nothing will update or change on Cic website until you send your passport to Visa office and then they will stamp your passport. After that, on Cic website, it will show approved.
Can I ask, how long was your application in na2?
After you passed medicals, how long your background check was not applicable?

lacr2811

Star Member
Mar 22, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-09-2017
Med's Done....
06-10-2017
Hello guys!
I am a little confused about my stage. I am CEC Inland applicant
AOR: 23-Sep-17
Medical passed: 6-Oct-17
Required more documents on October 6th, I provided them 2 days later; after that my my status was:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check (I don't remember exactly), but was something like: We will let you know when we start your background check.

Since Sunday my new status is:
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents You do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Today I called CIC and they told me that they could not specify my stage like IP1, NA, IP2, NA, but when she reviewed my account told me: Your passed your medicals and your background check is finalized.

Can anybody tell what does that mean? Which stage is that? Am I still on IP1??