01-12-2017
Visa office - Manila
PNP Outland
9/8/2017 - Submission of PR application; AOR; RPRF already paid
10/5/2017 - Medical passed
11/5/2017 - "How to find a job in Canada" message

That's it.
Hey,

Just a query, do you get the message 'How to find job in Canada' in your CIC account or do they email it on applicants registered email address...I havent received one :(:(? Also at what stage do you get the message, I am in NA..

Thanks in advance:):):):)

t7rkevicius

Nov 21, 2017
Hey,

Just a query, do you get the message 'How to find job in Canada' in your CIC account or do they email it on applicants registered email address...I havent received one :(:(? Also at what stage do you get the message, I am in NA..

Thanks in advance:):):):)
It's in my CIC account, under my PR application itself. Got it some time after Medicals passed and I have no idea whether I'm in NA1 or NA2 since I never got a background check update.

Reactions: ashish_india-canada

osmanshammat

Jul 27, 2017
It's in my CIC account, under my PR application itself. Got it some time after Medicals passed and I have no idea whether I'm in NA1 or NA2 since I never got a background check update.
Hi,
Receiving this job search email indicates that your application processing in CPC (Ottawa) is completed, and your file has been transferred to the respective Visa Office for final processing. To confirm this and find out your Visa Office, you may send an email to Ottawa inquiring about where your file is currently being processed. GOOD LUCK Mates!
At this stage, you are at NA2.

Reactions: t7rkevicius

dotsil

Feb 3, 2018
Hi,
Receiving this job search email indicates that your application processing in CPC (Ottawa) is completed, and your file has been transferred to the respective Visa Office for final processing. To confirm this and find out your Visa Office, you may send an email to Ottawa inquiring about where your file is currently being processed. GOOD LUCK Mates!
I received the "How to find a job" email message November 17th, a week before uploading the Additional Documents requested (FBI and RCMP PCC).
Stuck in IP2 since then... :(

Last edited:

ashish_india-canada

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Nomination.....
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
01-12-2017
Hi,
Hey,

I haven't received the message in my CIC account about 'How to find a job in Canada':(:(. However my Meds were passed on 06th Dec 2017 and the same day my BCG status changed to NA2. Is it normal to not receive the message as I have today completed exact two months being in NA2 ;);)

doneshbajaj82

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-11-2017
Nomination.....
12-09-2017
Hey,

I haven't received the message in my CIC account about 'How to find a job in Canada':(:(. However my Meds were passed on 06th Dec 2017 and the same day my BCG status changed to NA2. Is it normal to not receive the message as I have today completed exact two months being in NA2 ;);)
As far as I have read on this forum.. not everyone recieves the job mail.. even I am sitting in NA2 since 7th Dec.. hoping for an status update in next week

ashish_india-canada

Star Member
Feb 25, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
Nomination.....
06-09-2017
AOR Received.
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
01-12-2017
As far as I have read on this forum.. not everyone recieves the job mail.. even I am sitting in NA2 since 7th Dec.. hoping for an status update in next week
Thanks for your response:):)

Just a thought:rolleyes:, did you got the message about 'How to find a job'

Reactions: doneshbajaj82

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Thanks for your response:):)

Just a thought:rolleyes:, did you got the message about 'How to find a job'
I did. Few days before my file was transferred to SGVO.

152 days! :(
If this is a pregnancy, I am about to give birth :D

Fermand

Feb 5, 2018
Hi Guys,

Starting thread for those who have AOR in September 2017 - please join for discussion and knowledge sharing.

There is already a watsapp group for September AOR - please leave a request (dont share number, just a request saying: add me to watsapp) and i will send you an invite link.

Below I will post some information which you may find useful going forward.

Some FAQ:

Q: How to find my visa office?

A: Send E-mail to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Subject: E000xxxx - Visa Office
Body of the mail:
Hello,

I am trying to find out in which Visa office my application is being processed?

Application number: E000xxxx
Date of Birth: 19xx-xx-xx
Last Name: xxx
First Name: xxxx
UCI: -
Category of Immigration: Federal Skilled Worker

Q: Can you explain background status changes (by other forum member, not my):

A: Background statuses explained:

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.

1. Not needed at this time (NN)
  2. Not Started (NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
  2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
  3. In Progress (IP)
People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don’t get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I’m using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

I will post more as we progress.

Thanks!

Hi Andy,

Can you please add me to your whatsapp group? +966507270368 Thank you.

huma757

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Hi all,

My application was submitted in November 2017. FSW-Outland from the UK. My medicals are passed, no additional documents needed, and my file is in the London visa office. I think I am in NA2 - does anyone here who has received PPR know how long it takes to get from NA2 to PPR? Or even from how long for BGC to change from NA2 to IP2?

Many thanks,

allthebest90

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi all,

My application was submitted in November 2017. FSW-Outland from the UK. My medicals are passed, no additional documents needed, and my file is in the London visa office. I think I am in NA2 - does anyone here who has received PPR know how long it takes to get from NA2 to PPR? Or even from how long for BGC to change from NA2 to IP2?

Many thanks,
It varies significantly from person to person. I've been in NA2 for 4 months next week.

huma757

Star Member
Oct 3, 2017
Wow, it's possible to be at NA2 for 4 months? I thought NA2 is when you are nearing the end of the process with only weeks to go...What visa office are you?