+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Selinaria

Oct 16, 2023
Your bf is a US citizen right? He can apply at the border for his OWP. Checkout my answer earlier in the same thread.
She is here on a visitor record currently with her PR pending. I hadn't really seen anything saying that was an option until you mentioned. I haven't really seen much guidance on getting an SOWP at the border. Might be worth a weekend trip if so haha.

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
She is here on a visitor record currently with her PR pending. I hadn't really seen anything saying that was an option until you mentioned. I haven't really seen much guidance on getting an SOWP at the border. Might be worth a weekend trip if so haha.
Not all people can apply SOWP at the border. It only for people who doesn't need a visa, or with eTA. Also depends on the border too, Idk which part you're living now.

For us, we did at Kingston border. Entered the US, going around, having lunch. When stop at Canadian side, tell CBSA officer that you want to apply for a wp. Then they will send you to the office. Remember to bring your paperwork (I brought the whole PR package and printed AOR email).
Another officer will ask a few questions (Which I don't really know which they will ask), then you sit and wait. Then they call you to pay the fee ($255 + 85 for fingerprint). Then they give you the OWP.

After being back, go to the webform to let them now that you already have a work permit, then they will withdraw the online submission and refund (they told me they would refund within 16 weeks)

Good luck! Hope it helps

Reactions: YVR123

Selinaria

Oct 16, 2023
Not all people can apply SOWP at the border. It only for people who doesn't need a visa, or with eTA. Also depends on the border too, Idk which part you're living now.

For us, we did at Kingston border. Entered the US, going around, having lunch. When stop at Canadian side, tell CBSA officer that you want to apply for a wp. Then they will send you to the office. Remember to bring your paperwork (I brought the whole PR package and printed AOR email).
Another officer will ask a few questions (Which I don't really know which they will ask), then you sit and wait. Then they call you to pay the fee ($255 + 85 for fingerprint). Then they give you the OWP.

After being back, go to the webform to let them now that you already have a work permit, then they will withdraw the online submission and refund (they told me they would refund within 16 weeks)

Good luck! Hope it helps
Now you have me intrigued lol.

When you say you brought the PR package, do you mean everything you submitted as listed on the website or just the fact you have applied.
And last question, maybe I missed it earlier in the thread but what was his status in Canada beforehand? Do you know if that matters?

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Now you have me intrigued lol.

When you say you brought the PR package, do you mean everything you submitted as listed on the website or just the fact you have applied.
And last question, maybe I missed it earlier in the thread but what was his status in Canada beforehand? Do you know if that matters?
So we brought the supporting documents, not the forms. The officer asked what we brought, I showed him with point forms. After looking at it, he said all he needed were AOR and marriage certificate. In AOR has your UCI Number, they type it to the computer and everything will show up.

He came in July as a visitor.

Selinaria

Oct 16, 2023
So we brought the supporting documents, not the forms. The officer asked what we brought, I showed him with point forms. After looking at it, he said all he needed were AOR and marriage certificate. In AOR has your UCI Number, they type it to the computer and everything will show up.

He came in July as a visitor.
Thank you. I would definitely need the appropriate form filled out for common law declaration as we are only engaged and been living together for 1.5 years. Appreciate the assist! Have a good one!

New22

Oct 13, 2023
Update:
Common law Inland
submitted - September 27
AOR - Oct 30
(I applied through lawyer so he received it)