+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hi all,

Just wonder if anyone applied inland in Sept 2023?
We submitted my husband’s PR application on Sep 1. I am a citizen and he is a Usa citizen.
I’ll update when i get Aor.

Selinaria

Oct 16, 2023
Submitted on Sept 9th!
I am a Canadian citizen and my common-law soon to be spouse is a US citizen.
Will update with timelines as things happen!

New22

Oct 13, 2023
Hi, My partner sponsored my PR under common law sponsership. Application submitted on September 27.
Any idea how many days it takes to get AOR?

Bhaumik.3588

Oct 17, 2023
Hi everyone,

I submitted spousal PR application for my wife on Sep 3. She is on OWP.

I received an email on Oct 13 stating that “This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/09/04 on behalf of the following member(s)” with my UCI and file number on top.

I have three questions:
1. Is this considered as AOR?
2. Can I use this email to apply for OWP for my wife? Her current OWP is expiring Feb 2024.
3. I can login to PR Tracker but cannot link application to GC Key account. How long does it take generally to be able to link it to GC Key account?

Thank you

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hi everyone,

I submitted spousal PR application for my wife on Sep 3. She is on OWP.

I received an email on Oct 13 stating that “This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/09/04 on behalf of the following member(s)” with my UCI and file number on top.

I have three questions:
1. Is this considered as AOR?
2. Can I use this email to apply for OWP for my wife? Her current OWP is expiring Feb 2024.
3. I can login to PR Tracker but cannot link application to GC Key account. How long does it take generally to be able to link it to GC Key account?

Thank you
1. yes
2. Yes
3. Remember at the section asking number of family member, you have to + 1. Assuming you guys don’t have any children, then the number will be 2.

Ark999

Sep 11, 2023
Hello everyone,

I applied for PR on September 10 and this morning my common-law partner and sponsor received an email with UCI, Application Number and a message saying:

"Dear XXX,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/09/10 on behalf of the following member(s):

MY NAME"

As mentioned in one of the previous messages, I guess that this the AOR letter.

I have not received the biometrics or the medical request yet. Do you know if I am supposed to receive them in the near future? Have you received them yet?

Thank you!

Lili611

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Hello everyone,

I applied for PR on September 10 and this morning my common-law partner and sponsor received an email with UCI, Application Number and a message saying:

"Dear XXX,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/09/10 on behalf of the following member(s):

MY NAME"

As mentioned in one of the previous messages, I guess that this the AOR letter.

I have not received the biometrics or the medical request yet. Do you know if I am supposed to receive them in the near future? Have you received them yet?

Thank you!
From my watch recently, you should get them in about 2-3 weeks after AOR.

Reactions: Ark999