+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Inland Spousal Sponsorship

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi all, please kindly advise. I am currently on post-graduate work permit (3 years PWGP) and working full-time in Canada. My husband is a PR. I have been living in a Canadian address for about 2 years with my husband. Now we are moving to another address in the same province. I am planning to apply for Spousal PR application (inland). Will the address change be an issue for inland Spousal PR application? Thanks so much in advance
No, address change will not be a problem. You will be asked to list all addresses you've lived at for the past 5 years in your application. If you change addresses after submitting your application, you can update it following this link.

Tarikla

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Same here... I will do the exam even if I haven't received the letter yet. I am going to be out of the country for a bit and I am afraid I won't be able to do the exam if they will send me the letter
For how long? If you're going to be out of the country for more than 30 days you have to do the medical exam once you get the letter, this could be used by IRCC to cancel your Inland application, as it implies you're living in Canada. Short trips (a few weeks) are not an issue, but more than a month could very well have you lose your application.

If it's a shorter trip, then simply wait for the letter, and plan the exam for a date when you'll be back in Canada.

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Could someone please let me know what should I answer for the question asking "have you previously been married or in a common law relationship?"

My spouse and I are cohabiting together since Jan 2022 and I applied for my PR in Oct 2022 (Declared as single in my PR application since we didn't satisfy common law partner criteria as 12 months weren't completed cohabiting), we got married recently in October 2023 and now applying for Inland sponsorship as a spouse. Do I answer as 'Yes' to the question asking for previous common law relationship and mention my spouse' name as a common law partner from the date we attained common law partner status(Jan 2023) to the date we got married(Oct 2023)? As we were satisfying the common law partner criteria with the same person before getting married.
That question is an opportunity to declare if you were in a common-law relationship or married before to a person other than your current spouse. Since you applied for your PR in Oct 2022 and declared yourself as single and now you are married, there is no reason to declare your common-law relationship with your current spouse. Besides that, you will be submitting proof that you are in a legally valid civil marriage and there is no requirement to provide proof of previous cohabitation in this case. So it does not really matter that you were in a common-law relationship with each other prior to your marriage and you should answer 'No' to that question.

sidhuripudaman

Star Member
Sep 4, 2019
  • Nov 09, 2023

Activity status updated: Medical exam
    Medical exam
    Medical exam status has been updated to Completed
  • Oct 27, 2023

We received your enquiry.

• Oct 26, 2023

We received your enquiry.

• Oct 26, 2023

Payment of biometric fees
    We sent you a message with instructions on how to pay your biometric fees. Once we’ve processed your payment, we’ll send instructions on when and how to give your biometrics. Please complete by the date shown in your message.
  • Oct 25, 2023

Activity status updated: Medical exam
    Medical exam
    Medical exam status has been updated to In progress
  • Oct 25, 2023

Complete your immigration medical exam
    We sent you a request to complete a medical exam. Read the message for more details.
  • Oct 12, 2023

We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.

• Oct 12, 2023

We sent you a message about your application
    Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.
  • Sep 06, 2023

We received the Additional Family Information form (IMM5406) you sent us.

• Sep 06, 2023

We received the payment you sent us.

• Sep 06, 2023

We received the document proving your relationship with your sponsor.

• Sep 06, 2023

We received the passport(s)/travel document(s) you sent us.

• Sep 06, 2023

We received the marriage certificate/licence you sent us.

• Sep 06, 2023

We received the birth registration/certificate you sent us.

• Sep 06, 2023

We received the police certificate(s) you sent us.

• Sep 06, 2023

We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.

• Sep 06, 2023

We received the Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) you sent us.

• Sep 05, 2023

Application received
    We received your application and we’re checking to make sure you’ve submitted all the required forms and documents on the document checklist. If your application is incomplete, we’ll return it to you without processing it. If your application has all the requested forms and documents, you’ll get a message confirming we’ve accepted your application for processing.
Just wondering how you received all the detailed notification for all individual forms etc?

Bobhu91

Dec 6, 2023
Hi All
Hope everyone is doing great !
I am a Canadian PR and my wife is with me on vistor visa. I am applying for her inland spousal PR .
I wanted to know if I can submit her Open work permit application with her PR application or I need to wait for her AOR? Can anyone please guide me on this

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi All
Hope everyone is doing great !
I am a Canadian PR and my wife is with me on vistor visa. I am applying for her inland spousal PR .
I wanted to know if I can submit her Open work permit application with her PR application or I need to wait for her AOR? Can anyone please guide me on this
Wait for AOR and then submit her OWP.

RMR

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Hi All,
Can we do an upfront medical for Spousal PR? as we have yet not received the Medical request and my spouse don't need to apply OWP (currently already on PGWP).