+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 Inland sponsorship

Akinremimay

Dec 26, 2020
Hey guys,

I just submitted my inland pr sponsorship on the 1st sept as PA and I’m wondering what the current common wait time to get the AOR is after submission. I have less than 60days left on my study permit before it expires and I wonder if I’ll be able to get AOR and apply for OWP before my TR status expires.

SK94

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023
Hey guys,

I just submitted my inland pr sponsorship on the 1st sept as PA and I’m wondering what the current common wait time to get the AOR is after submission. I have less than 60days left on my study permit before it expires and I wonder if I’ll be able to get AOR and apply for OWP before my TR status expires.
Hello, I applied on the 1st of September also. I applied for my OWP with the initial PR application. It’s only been a week so haven’t had any updates.
From what I’ve seen AOR takes about a month but if you feel like you need to be extra careful then you can apply for an extension of your visa.

Akinremimay

Dec 26, 2020
Absolutely, I intend to submit a study permit extension application before the end of the month also to be on a safe side. I just saw after a google search somewhere that says it takes within 7days - 14days to get an AOR lately, but I asked here so as to confirm the authenticity of the timeframe. I would have concurrently submitted my OWP application, my thought was that you’d need the AOR to submit the OWP application. Let’s see what happens by the end of the month regarding the AOR. Thank you for your response.

ID2022

Dec 6, 2022
Absolutely, I intend to submit a study permit extension application before the end of the month also to be on a safe side. I just saw after a google search somewhere that says it takes within 7days - 14days to get an AOR lately, but I asked here so as to confirm the authenticity of the timeframe. I would have concurrently submitted my OWP application, my thought was that you’d need the AOR to submit the OWP application. Let’s see what happens by the end of the month regarding the AOR. Thank you for your response.
Right now it around 5-6 weeks to receive the AOR.

autoscriptor

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Hello, I applied on the 1st of September also. I applied for my OWP with the initial PR application. It’s only been a week so haven’t had any updates.
From what I’ve seen AOR takes about a month but if you feel like you need to be extra careful then you can apply for an extension of your visa.
How did you apply for the OWP with the initial PR application? I didn’t see this anywhere on the PR portal.

autoscriptor

Star Member
Jul 5, 2009
Why was it returned? And why did it take you 3 months to resubmit?
We didn’t fill out IMM 5562 (your travels). On the portal it showed as “not required” but that’s why they returned the application. We submitted first time on June 14, returned on August 31, and resubmitted on September 1.

You previously said that you applied for OWP along with your PR application. How that was possible? I didn’t see an option for that on the forms or the portal? Thanks

Badge1

Star Member
May 3, 2023
We didn’t fill out IMM 5562 (your travels). On the portal it showed as “not required” but that’s why they returned the application. We submitted first time on June 14, returned on August 31, and resubmitted on September 1.

You previously said that you applied for OWP along with your PR application. How that was possible? I didn’t see an option for that on the forms or the portal? Thanks
Use GCKey to apply for OWP. there is a specific instruction for SOWP application for PR applicants.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/spouse-partner-children/spouse-common-law-partner-canada-open-work-permit.html

SK94

Star Member
Mar 30, 2023

So you know how you can do medicals and biometrics in advance to save time? It works the same way. You just make the payment for the OWP with the application and I think they send it earlier. I know a few people who’ve done this and it worked, they got their OWP sooner

Jumss

Star Member
Mar 26, 2023
So you know how you can do medicals and biometrics in advance to save time? It works the same way. You just make the payment for the OWP with the application and I think they send it earlier. I know a few people who’ve done this and it worked, they got their OWP sooner
What if you make the payment of OWP separately, will it still b processed?