+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

krishtian

Star Member
Nov 7, 2020
Scarborough(SCR)* Applicants Tracker - Please add/update your timeline:

Manny2
- Submitted: Sep 05, AOR: Oct 16, BG: Oct 26, Citizenship test: Nov 08 - LPP completed: Jan 24, Oath scheduled: Mar 04
september8applicant - Submitted: Sep 08, AOR: Oct 18, BG: Oct 27, Citizenship test: Nov 11 - LPP completed: Jan 24, Oath scheduled: Mar 05
Patrick33k - Submitted: Sep 13, AOR: Oct 03, BG: Oct 18, Citizenship test: Nov 02 - LPP completed: Jan 17, Oath scheduled: Mar 06
FormaggioVolante - Submitted: Sep 12, AOR: Oct 23, BG: Dec 22, Citizenship test: Nov 27 - LPP completed: Jan 30, Oath scheduled: Mar 12
ashar0382 - Submitted: Sep 08, AOR: Oct 13, BG: Oct 26, Citizenship test: Nov 03(,05) - LPP completed: Feb 09, Oath Scheduled : Feb 26

KKK001 - Submitted: Sep 08, AOR: Oct 18, BG: OCT 27, Citizenship test: Nov 06 - LPP outstanding
mhiri84 - Submitted: Sep 17, AOR: Oct 25, BG: Oct 27, Citizenship test: Nov 10 - LPP completed: Jan 31, Oath scheduled: Mar 21
vik222512 - Submitted: Sep 18, AOR: Oct 25, BG: Nov 03, Citizenship test: Nov 15 - LPP completed: Jan 31, Oath Scheduled: Mar 21
tahab - Submitted: Sep 19, AOR: Oct 25, BG: Dec 05, Citizenship test: Nov 15 - LPP Completed: Feb 02, Oath scheduled: Mar 18
Himanshu28 - Submitted: Sep 16, AOR: Oct 26, BG: Oct 31, Citizenship test: Nov 15, LPP Completed: Feb 09, Oath Scheduled: Mar 26
vyper1 - Submitted: Sep 18, AOR: Oct 26, BG: Nov 02, Citizenship test: Nov 14 - LPP completed: Feb 01, Oath Scheduled: Mar 21
casinet - Submitted: Sep 24, AOR: Oct 27, BG: NOV 02, Citizenship test: Nov 24 - LPP completed: Feb 13, Oath Scheduled: Mar 27
lucyzoro4 - Submitted: Sep 20, AOR: Oct 26, BG: Nov 03, Citizenship test: Nov 27 - LPP completed: Feb 01, Oath Scheduled: Mar 27
casualgamer15- Submitted: Sep 28, AOR: Nov 06, BG: Nov 23, Citizenship test: Dec 06- LPP completed: Feb 15, Oath Scheduled: Feb 27

Jorela - Submitted: Sep 27, AOR: Nov 08, BG: Nov 18, Citizenship test: Nov 24 - LPP completed: Feb 15, Oath outstanding
intlala - Submitted: Nov 1, AOR: Nov 23, BG: Nov 25, Citizenship test: Dec 8 - LPP outstanding
krishtian - Submitted: Nov 1, AOR: Nov 23, BG: Nov 30, Citizenship test: Dec 9 - LPP outstanding

* Updated krishtian

▄ LPP Outstanding
Oath not scheduled
▄ Oath scheduled

Jun 16, 2021
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of applying for citizenship, but my passport has expired. Can I still apply for citizenship? If yes, do I need to provide an explanation letter? Any example of the letter would be appreciated. Thanks.

yass2020

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of applying for citizenship, but my passport has expired. Can I still apply for citizenship? If yes, do I need to provide an explanation letter? Any example of the letter would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi, You don't need a valid passeport to apply. You have your PR card and Driving license as ID. It's suffisant as ID. You have to provide details of yours passeports in the citizenship application and just explain in 2 or 3 sentences that your passeport has expired and you haven't renewed it because you don't plan any travel abroad. Others members of the forum could confirm or correct.

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
Hey everyone,

No need to provide a separate explanation letter. Just follow what @yass2020 explained in the previous comment. I did the same. Mine was expired and there was a placeholder for descriptions. Write the same thing that has mentioned above.

monikam

Mar 29, 2019
HI Everyone, I have a question, I have my online ceremony tomorrow and per the instruction to download e-certificate ( as below) I need to create account in IRCC portal. My question is- I already have IRCC account where I have my PR application details, so do i have to create a new one or used the existing one.
IRCC Portal
• This is where you will download your e-Certificate.
• You must first create an account on the IRCC Portal using the email address you provided in
your Citizenship application. If you have previously used the IRCC Portal for a Temporary
Residence application
you may log in using your existing account.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
HI Everyone, I have a question, I have my online ceremony tomorrow and per the instruction to download e-certificate ( as below) I need to create account in IRCC portal. My question is- I already have IRCC account where I have my PR application details, so do i have to create a new one or used the existing one.
IRCC Portal
• This is where you will download your e-Certificate.
• You must first create an account on the IRCC Portal using the email address you provided in
your Citizenship application. If you have previously used the IRCC Portal for a Temporary
Residence application
you may log in using your existing account.
You can use the existing one.

Reactions: monikam

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply.. Just to clarify.. it says temporary residence account, however the account i created was for permanent residence.. would i still be okay using my existing PR IRCC account?
Just login to your PR IRCC account and see if it's has the download e-certificate option. Something like the below -
Citizenship
Download Citizenship e-Certificate

If it does have it, you can use the same account to download the e-certificate after providing UCI, Application No and Date of birth.

monikam

Mar 29, 2019
Just login to your PR IRCC account and see if it's has the download e-certificate option. Something like the below -
Citizenship
Download Citizenship e-Certificate

If it does have it, you can use the same account to download the e-certificate after providing UCI, Application No and Date of birth.
Looks like i can't see the option that you mentioned

1. Home
  2. Your account
Sign-on information
Signed in as Account home| Account profile| Help | Logout

Express Entry profile status
Check the status, review the details, see your comprehensive ranking system scores and read messages for your Express Entry profile.

monikam

Mar 29, 2019
No i am using https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/mycic/home?&lang=en and i log in using GCkey. So if i make my new account it asks me to put my last name per my PR card but i don't have my last name and in my citizenship application i kept LNU ( last name unavailable) so now if i keep the same will my certificate and passport will have LNU as my last name? that i don't want.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
No i am using https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/mycic/home?&lang=en and i log in using GCkey. So if i make my new account it asks me to put my last name per my PR card but i don't have my last name and in my citizenship application i kept LNU ( last name unavailable) so now if i keep the same will my certificate and passport will have LNU as my last name? that i don't want.
Portal link I gave, if you create an account on it has no relation with your application. It's just a way to download the e-certificate by providing the details. The certificate will have the details specified in the citizenship application, nothing to do with the account you created to download the certificate.

Reactions: monikam

monikam

Mar 29, 2019
Portal link I gave, if you create an account on it has no relation with your application. It's just a way to download the e-certificate by providing the details. The certificate will have the details specified in the citizenship application, nothing to do with the account you created to download the certificate.
Thank you so much!

nimit.anand

Apr 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi

I submitted the citizenship app for my son who is 6 along with mine. My wife's application was linked to mine. My and wife's LPP got completed today but my son's application is still in filed status. Is this normal?

My timelines are:
Application Submitted: Sep 8th
AOR: Oct 20th
Fingerprint Required: Nov 14th
Citizenship Test Update: Jan 5th
Citizenship Test Completed: Jan 12th
Fingerprint Received: Jan 31st
BG Completed: Feb 15th
LPP Completed: Feb 20th