+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Ava2023

Oct 20, 2023
a quick question for people applying for their passports, are you guys using the same picture you used for citizenship application ? my picture is still under 6 months and i got it from shoppers, but they gave me digital picture back then, and the passport requires 2 physical pictures. Shoppers are telling me they cannot print those pictures (85$ for 3 pictures and are unable to print a copy). Is there a place where i can print those pictures (as required by passport) and use it for my passport application, or do i have to get them taken again, just because they cant print it ?
You can use Jean Coutu or any other online printing service. Simply open a paint application, arrange a few images side by side, ensuring photo file is sized 4x6 or 5x7. Upload the file, and they'll print a single photo paper of that size for 10-20 cents , which you can then cut into two separate pieces.

Reactions: aalii786

monikam

Mar 29, 2019
Just checked my status tracker and I've been scheduled to attend my ceremony on Feb. 21! Have not received email notification yet. But YAY it's finally happening :)

Type: Online application
Application: Single
Application sent: 2023-09-22
Delivered: 2023-09-22
AOR: 2023-11-02
Fingerprints request: 2023-11-14
Fingerprints received: 2024-01-01
Background verification: 2024-01-02
Test invite: 2023-11-17
Test completed: 2023-12-15

Language skills: 2024-01-25
Physical presence: 2024-01-25
Prohibitions: 2024-01-25
Citizenship oath: In progress on 2024-02-06
Citizenship ceremony: 2024-02-21
HI Mine is on 22nd Feb. please keep us posted once you get the email. I haven't received it yet.

Godsdaughter

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I downloaded my e-certificate this morning and have a quick question about applying for passport. Please do I select Express (2 to 9 Business days) or Urgent (by the end of next business day)? I don't have any proof of why I need the passport asap, can I still apply for them? Also, is it better to do in person or mail application?

Thank you.

aalii786

Dec 5, 2023
Hello Everyone,

I downloaded my e-certificate this morning and have a quick question about applying for passport. Please do I select Express (2 to 9 Business days) or Urgent (by the end of next business day)? I don't have any proof of why I need the passport asap, can I still apply for them? Also, is it better to do in person or mail application?

Thank you.
you can select Express, but its more expensive, so unless you plan to travel in next few days, its pointless..

MajidA

Jan 8, 2021
I asked for GCMS notes since my application hasn't moved since Nov when I passed my test and my background is still in progress. I got the notes today, criminality is passed but under security it says:

SECURITY:1
UCI:
Family Name:
Given Name:
Type: Security Clearance

Anybody knows what this means ?

Reactions: monamigo

blurye2

Apr 18, 2017
Oath completed on Feb. 7. How do we know that citizenship certificate is ready? Do they inform us by email? I accessed IRCC portal and it says it will take 5-7 business days. How are IRCC Portal and secure account different?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Oath completed on Feb. 7. How do we know that citizenship certificate is ready? Do they inform us by email? I accessed IRCC portal and it says it will take 5-7 business days. How are IRCC Portal and secure account different?
No email. You need to keep checking on the portal(https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en)
Don't overdo as they might lock your account for 24 hrs. A check every 3 hrs would be enough.

blurye2

Apr 18, 2017
No email. You need to keep checking on the portal(https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en)
Don't overdo as they might lock your account for 24 hrs. A check every 3 hrs would be enough.

Hi, thank you. I'll keep checking that portal. I've only checked twice since the Oath including today since I've heard the process is slow and there's also an upcoming maintenance coming up in the website.

Zizi93

Jan 25, 2024
I asked for GCMS notes since my application hasn't moved since Nov when I passed my test and my background is still in progress. I got the notes today, criminality is passed but under security it says:

SECURITY:1
UCI:
Family Name:
Given Name:
Type: Security Clearance

Anybody knows what this means ?
We’re in the same boat. Applied Sep 14th, cleared test in Nov and since then we were stuck with no update till 2 days ago when we were invited for an interview.
i dont know what it means but we had the same GCMS note. So hang in there! You might receive an email for interview soon.
btw, we’re vancouver office.

Reactions: SithLord and MajidA

MajidA

Jan 8, 2021
We’re in the same boat. Applied Sep 14th, cleared test in Nov and since then we were stuck with no update till 2 days ago when we were invited for an interview.
i dont know what it means but we had the same GCMS note. So hang in there! You might receive an email for interview soon.
btw, we’re vancouver office.
Thanks, this gives me some hope. I've heard if they are satisfied with your answers in your interview they might offer you to take the oath right there. So good luck!
My application is being processed in Niagara, I think they are slower than Vancouver.

• Wow
Reactions: Tamiou

Zizi93

Jan 25, 2024
Hey guys, our processing office was vancouver, secondary Sidney and now are interviews are happening in Saskatoon/calgary! (According to email addresses) is this normal? Has anyone had their interviews in different office?

Zizi93

Jan 25, 2024
Thanks, this gives me some hope. I've heard if they are satisfied with your answers in your interview they might offer you to take the oath right there. So good luck!
My application is being processed in Niagara, I think they are slower than Vancouver.
Yeah hopefully they will be happy with our answers but who knows lol
Hopefully you’ll also receive an update pretty soon!

Reactions: MajidA

ansarcrtni

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Category........
Other
I just did my interview today . It was just 5 minutes. Officer told me everything looks fine they will contact you once the oath is scheduled. Still waiting

Reactions: MajidA