+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Had our virtual oath ceremony on January 23 and still waiting for the citizenship certificate.
Tracker still says Oath Ceremony in progress. Will it go to Completed when the e-certificate is ready to download?
Is there anyway to know certificate is ready without checking the portal constantly?
What office was it ?

dubbyv

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
I just don't understand why people got LPP complete later than me but got oath scheduled before me.
From your timeline, it looks like yours is a paper application, if that's the case they might be processing paper applications in a different queue. I think you'll still get it next few days.

varunbawa407

Star Member
Mar 6, 2016
Hi guys im new here my timeline is
File sent: September 7
File delivered: September 8
AOR: October 26
Test: 7 november
Test completed 18 november
Background check completed: January 19
Now language and prohibition pending
Can someone send me link of spreadsheet

Patrick33k

Jan 24, 2024
From your timeline, it looks like yours is a paper application, if that's the case they might be processing paper applications in a different queue. I think you'll still get it next few days.
Yes. Mine is paper application. However, my friend is paper application too. His office is Scarborough office also, got LPP 24 and scheduled for oath on Mar 4 as well. I really don't understand.

MayaL

May 2, 2016
Take the Oath of Citizenship
Citizenship ceremony

Waiting on you
You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on February 8, 2024.
Follow the instructions we sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the ceremony
  • what documents you have to present
Is this online Oath or in-person. thanks in advance.

My Timelines
Type: Online application
Application type: Single
Application sent: 25-Sep-2023
Delivered: 25-Sep-2023
AOR: 02-Nov-2023
Request for test: Dec 1st (Dec 4th to Jan 2nd)
Test completed: Dec 21st
LPP completed: January 4, 2024
Scheduled for Citizenship oath: Feb 8 2024

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
Your question was hidden lol. It may be mentioned in the invitation email.

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023

blurye2

Apr 18, 2017
No one can say. The reasons I've seen mentioned around the forum include processing office load, IRCC waiting for 3rd party agencies to complete their investigations and submit their findings, your application being flagged for follow up by a senior case officer who then didn't do it or forgot or it just got lost in the queue.

Fingerprints are not mandatory submissions and they will be asked if needed for your case.

Check your email--the one you got your test invite from--the letters will tell you. e.g SCR- Scarborough, MIS- mississauga, etc.
hey thanks for taking the time to respond. Good to know these points. For the language, I submitted my previous IELTS and graduation certificate which was from the UK. For physical I have not travelled anywhere during the eligibility period except my home country for a period of 21 days. The only I think could find in my email that remotely indicates a Processing Centre is this “Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada Event Notification / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada Notification d'événement - Edmonton IRCC00xxxxxxx”. This was in the email subject I received last month for the Citizenship test.
Not sure if it could be Edmonton since it says “Not open to public” in the website. Some acquaintances I know who have lived in Alberta for the past 4 years have completed their oath and waiting certificate. Most of them received citizenship test dates days after ours. I understand everyone’s case can be different. Perhaps my move from a different province, is what is taking time.

Last edited:

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
Is it normal that I'm extra cautious when closing the tracker window, making sure not to accidentally click on LPP sections so I don't edit them mistakenly to "in progress" and close the window when it asks me "Are you sure you want to save changes?" and I may mistakenly click on "Yes" and I have to wait for months again? Should I call my doctor?

• Haha
Reactions: mefarahat

dubbyv

Star Member
Jul 9, 2018
Is it normal that I'm extra cautious when closing the tracker window, making sure not to accidentally click on LPP sections so I don't edit them mistakenly to "in progress" and close the window when it asks me "Are you sure you want to save changes?" and I may mistakenly click on "Yes" and I have to wait for months again? Should I call my doctor?
I'll say what you need to hear, It's Not Normal :p
You just need a vacation! Take a break, Go Toboganning, do some domestic travel cuz after the oath you have access to most of the whole world then go figure