+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

dentist4u

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
I had my oath ceremony on the 17th (online). I emailed the signed oath certificate(paper) in in about 1 hours time after the ceremony was finished. I still am not able to download the certificate the error message is -Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship.
Anyone has had this? I know it says 5 days but I keep reading posts of people getting it right away or by the end of day.

yass2020

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
I had my oath ceremony on the 17th (online). I emailed the signed oath certificate(paper) in in about 1 hours time after the ceremony was finished. I still am not able to download the certificate the error message is -Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship.
Anyone has had this? I know it says 5 days but I keep reading posts of people getting it right away or by the end of day.
It's totally normal. Each case is different. My wife had her ceremony on 8th online and got her e-certificate the 10th at 12h00. Maybe you will get it today 19th at 12h00 also. Who knows?

Reactions: dentist4u

seal_light

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
Almost done!

Family of 5, Online Application
Vancouver Office

Submitted citizenship application: Sept 29, 2023
AOR: Nov 2, 2023
FP Requested (just me, not rest of family): Nov 14, 2023
Test Completed: Nov 21, 2023
FP Received: Dec 4, 2023
BG Completed: December 5, 2023
LPP Completed: Jan 8, 2024
E-certificate download instructions letter: Jan 18, 2024
Oath date updated in tracker: Jan 19, 2024
Oath Scheduled for: Jan 30, 2024
Oath invite email: Awaiting
Oath ceremony: Awaiting letter to know time of day on January 30, 2024
e-certificate: not yet

sls8756507

Nov 20, 2023
Canada
It's totally normal. Each case is different. My wife had her ceremony on 8th online and got her e-certificate the 10th at 12h00. Maybe you will get it today 19th at 12h00 also. Who knows?
Hi. Do we get an email that our e-certificate is ready for download? or should we check the portal constantly?
Thanks

Hhs73

Jun 4, 2021
My oath ceremony was on Jan 16th and I’m still getting the same message. You’re not alone. I’m going to wait for 5 business days and then I’ll contact them if I haven’t got it by then.

Reactions: dentist4u

Calgary2022

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
I did my ceremony on 17th too.. no e-certificate yet…

Oj21

Sep 7, 2023
Congratulations! to me i thank God
my timelin
septmber ,27 Application sent onlin
single
nov 1, 2023
Application ,aor

Nov 7, 2023 Background verification status has been updated to Completed

Nov 10, 2023 Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.

Nov 20, 2023
Scheduled for citizenship test,between november 20, 2023 and december 11, test was given 6 of december

Dec 19, 2023
Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed

Dec 21, 2023
Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
New update
Citizenship ceremony
Citizenship oath status has been updated to In progress.

Dec 21, 2023
Activity status updated: Language skills
New update
Language skills
Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

Dec 21, 2023
Activity status updated: Physical presence
New update
Physical presence
Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.

Dec 21, 2023
Activity status updated: Prohibitions
New update
Prohibitions
Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.

Dec 27, 2023
Scheduled for Citizenship oath
Citizenship ceremony
Congratulations! You've been scheduled to attend your citizenship ceremony on January 16, 2024. Follow the instructions you will receive in your ceremony invitation.

Jan 18, 2024
Activity status updated: Citizenship oath
New update
Citizenship ceremony
Citizenship oath status has been updated to Completed.
Goodluck to every one still waiting

blurye2

Apr 18, 2017
Can anyone shed a light as to why these applications take this long? I and my wife have filed for the application in Sep 2023 and wondering what could be the delay. The only reason I can think of is ever since reaching Canada in 2020 as PR we have lived & worked in Ontario for 3 years before moving to Alberta in March 2023 for work relocation. I‘m guessing this could be the reason. We filed our application from Alberta. Are fingerprints requested of everyone? More than glad to submit this although we did submit ours from our country during the PR process.

Application filed Sep 5, 2023
AOR Received Oct 10, 2023
Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed. Dec 1, 2023
Background Verification completed

Language skills In progress
Physical Presence In Progress
Prohibitions In Progress

Shows last updated December 1, 2023

How do we know which office is processing our application?

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
No one can say. The reasons I've seen mentioned around the forum include processing office load, IRCC waiting for 3rd party agencies to complete their investigations and submit their findings, your application being flagged for follow up by a senior case officer who then didn't do it or forgot or it just got lost in the queue.

Fingerprints are not mandatory submissions and they will be asked if needed for your case.

Check your email--the one you got your test invite from--the letters will tell you. e.g SCR- Scarborough, MIS- mississauga, etc.

ThenT

Oct 6, 2023
Hi,

I am here to share some points reg one’s delay in citizenship application process.

In specific to my case, I had not received AOR for more than 55 days (paper application, the trend was AOR with in 20/25 days time period) so I even thought that my application was not reached / missed by the office , later I raised a web form, then with in 2 days I received an AOR email. (Note: I received 2 response emails from IRCC for my web form, one even after my citizenship test invite.)

From that timeline, almost every week on Thursday- Friday I used to get a new update / status.

As it varies with each individual’s details, there might be a specific ease factor contributing for the quick process.

For example, I am here for more than 9 years (in the same address), no major travel history after COVID, done a diploma course, I almost had nothing to fill much in the application form.

So, my take away point is don’t hesitate to call / email or write a web form to IRCC, if you are stuck for a noticeable long period of time in the same status.

I am writing this just to ease up your mind, take a next step if no response.

TQ

aalii786

Dec 5, 2023
did the LPP completed on same day for all the family members ?

Almost done!

Family of 5, Online Application
Vancouver Office

Submitted citizenship application: Sept 29, 2023
AOR: Nov 2, 2023
FP Requested (just me, not rest of family): Nov 14, 2023
Test Completed: Nov 21, 2023
FP Received: Dec 4, 2023
BG Completed: December 5, 2023
LPP Completed: Jan 8, 2024
E-certificate download instructions letter: Jan 18, 2024
Oath date updated in tracker: Jan 19, 2024
Oath Scheduled for: Jan 30, 2024
Oath invite email: Awaiting
Oath ceremony: Awaiting letter to know time of day on January 30, 2024
e-certificate: not yet
[/QUOTE]

Calgary2022

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Hi were you able to download your ecertificate?