+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
Not to be rude, but a kind request that everyone can please update their progress on the Canadavisa tracker [here]

and mention it in your post that you did.
Else, it falls on someone else to update it for you (and we are all volunteers here).

And those of you who are interested in someone's timeline, please check the tracker first before asking, and if you can be a trooper about it, update it for them when you check it.

Otherwise every page will look like this:

And before anyone gets annoyed with me for saying this, please check my contributions to this forum over the years. :)
Thank you for reminding this.
So, everyone please UPDATE YOUR PROCESSING OFFICE IN THE GOOGLE SHEET AS WELL. It would be really helpful for others to better estimate their upcoming steps.
To locate your processing office, simply refer to the email address provided in your test invitation. Look for abbreviations such as MIS for Mississauga, SCR for Scarborough, and so on, within the email address. This will indicate your processing office. Kindly add this information to column U in Google Sheets next to the application type (e.g., Online Application (Scarborough)).

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
I got the oath email this afternoon!! After I emailed the office this morning. Finally, after 2 months of waiting after LPP:rolleyes:
If you guys are still waiting for the oath or anything, please remember to send an email to the office, which is the same address as the test invitation.
I found the test invitation email and replied to it saying it's been 7 weeks since LPP completion and I would appreciate an update on decision/oath. For reference it was IRCC.DNMISCitizenshipETest.(....) MISRN. IRCC@ cic . gc .ca

I got an automatic reply saying that the reply served as acknowldegment of receipt but also that for non-test-related questions, 'you will not receive a response to your enquiry via this email".

Was this the same experience for you?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I found the test invitation email and replied to it saying it's been 7 weeks since LPP completion and I would appreciate an update on decision/oath. For reference it was IRCC.DNMISCitizenshipETest.(....) MISRN. IRCC@ cic . gc .ca

I got an automatic reply saying that the reply served as acknowldegment of receipt but also that for non-test-related questions, 'you will not receive a response to your enquiry via this email".

Was this the same experience for you?
Instead of test email address you should be sending to the oath invite email address of the same office. Test email address will mostly respond like the one you received above.

• Haha
Reactions: pumpkin_latte

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Instead of test email address you should be sending to the oath invite email address of the same office. Test email address will mostly respond like the one you received above.
Thank you. I'm an idiot.
I've sent the email again to the office using the email address found in this post. Not expecting miracles, but you never know! Wish me luck guys :p

Reactions: forw.jane

Ivandrea7

Star Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
29-01-2016 SA -Started Processing 02-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Today I recieved oath in person in Hamilton! What an experience This forum has helped me from sponsorship 8 years ago to landing as PR and the process of the becoming a Canadian citizenship. What a ride and I am glad it is now complete! No more paperwork!! To those still waiting on this journey, wishing you all well!

virtwo

May 18, 2020
And it's done!

Submitted citizenship application: 2023-09-04
AOR: 2023-10-16
Test: mid December (account got updated in ~2 weeks)
Oath invite: 2024-01-08
Oath: 2024-01-15 morning
e-certificate: 2024-01-15 evening (in around 7 hours)

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
Today I recieved oath in person in Hamilton! What an experience This forum has helped me from sponsorship 8 years ago to landing as PR and the process of the becoming a Canadian citizenship. What a ride and I am glad it is now complete! No more paperwork!! To those still waiting on this journey, wishing you all well!
@Ivandrea7 - Congrats on your citizenship!!!

Reactions: Ivandrea7

Oj21

Sep 7, 2023
And it's done!

Submitted citizenship application: 2023-09-04
AOR: 2023-10-16
Test: mid December (account got updated in ~2 weeks)
Oath invite: 2024-01-08
Oath: 2024-01-15 morning
e-certificate: 2024-01-15 evening (in around 7 hours)
hi did you get email to create account for e-certificate befor the oath?