+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

reemadel

Feb 19, 2017
Anybody else still waiting for background check? It is frustrating and ridiculous. I receive aor on October 25th and on the same day a request for policy clearance (which was not even required because I didn’t stay in the same country for over 6 months continuously). I sent the policy clearance on the same day. Received an email from agent last month that they have received the clearance and it is in file. Everything is still showing in progress!

Reactions: yass2020

alexbb

Oct 2, 2021
If we attend an in-person ceremony, will we get the certificate at the ceremony? I just got an update on my tracker of Jan 12 ceremony but not yet got the invitation email. I am not sure if it is an online or in-person. I have to fly out of the country on Jan 29, so I am worried if I can get a passport in time :(

iammr322

Star Member
Sep 3, 2018
If we attend an in-person ceremony, will we get the certificate at the ceremony? I just got an update on my tracker of Jan 12 ceremony but not yet got the invitation email. I am not sure if it is an online or in-person. I have to fly out of the country on Jan 29, so I am worried if I can get a passport in time :(
When was the tracker updated ? Usually it takes 2-3 days to get the email after tracker update.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
In-person you will get certificate after the ceremony if you selected paper option

For e-certificate it's same 2-5 days

yass2020

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Anybody else still waiting for background check? It is frustrating and ridiculous. I receive aor on October 25th and on the same day a request for policy clearance (which was not even required because I didn’t stay in the same country for over 6 months continuously). I sent the policy clearance on the same day. Received an email from agent last month that they have received the clearance and it is in file. Everything is still showing in progress!
We are in the same boat. I sent a police certificat of my original country in my application (sent on Sept 19 and AOR on October 31) even if It's not obligatory since I came directly from my original country and have never left canada. I don't know what they are cheking exactly in my criminality status (Security is already done) hhhhhh :). I don't know how many weeks the office need to get a canadian police certificate.

skylight22

Dec 27, 2023
First of all, congratulations that you’re almost done with the process!

The Mississauga office held the last in-person oath taking ceremony for 2023 on December 20, 2023. I recall about 85 people took the oath, which is quite a large number and it went pretty fast and smoothly. The staff were fast but also patient, kind and respectful and still had smiles on their faces even when a few of the folks taking the oath asked ridiculous questions or said ridiculous things.
They also planned to hold 2 online oath taking ceremonies, on December 21, 2023.
And that’s it for 2023.

So, I’ll say prepare yourself for the first or second week in January 2024.

And while it might seem like the folks at the Mississauga office like to or seem to take their time, they’re actually one of the busiest and most effective/efficient offices in the country. And they even still run all kinds of last minute security checks on everyone taking the oath a day or two before the ceremonies.

While it takes 3 people to successfully manage an in-person ceremony, it takes 8 people to do the online ceremony.

I would encourage you that you’re at the last lap already, be assure that you’ll be invited soon..

Again, I congratulate you!

Cheers!
Congratulations for the completion of your Oath in a timely manner!!

But, trust me, no explantion is sufficient for those who are hanging in there for a long time.
I am sure there are many who were ahead of you till LPP, and for them it's natural to get frustrated.
The elaboration on ceremony details plus the office efficiency would not make any sense to those folks.

Goodluck all who waiting in the queue

alexbb

Oct 2, 2021
In-person you will get certificate after the ceremony if you selected paper option

For e-certificate it's same 2-5 days
Thank you! I chose e-certificate actually. Can I reply to the invitation email to request a change to paper if I get an in-person?

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Congratulations for the completion of your Oath in a timely manner!!

But, trust me, no explantion is sufficient for those who are hanging in there for a long time.
I am sure there are many who were ahead of you till LPP, and for them it's natural to get frustrated.
The elaboration on ceremony details plus the office efficiency would not make any sense to those folks.

Goodluck all who waiting in the queue

Thank you, much appreciated!
And yes, you make valid points.

All the best to you regarding your application.

Regards

Ravi26

Apr 6, 2021
Hello Guys
I have a question. When I applied for citizenship I requested for a proof of citizenship along with my application fee. Does this make the process slower? Or does that mean I will not have a virtual ceremony ? Just confused.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hello Guys
I have a question. When I applied for citizenship I requested for a proof of citizenship along with my application fee. Does this make the process slower? Or does that mean I will not have a virtual ceremony ? Just confused.
Do you mean you paid extra $75 for proof of citizenship?