+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

yass2020

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Oh ok. It’s Montreal then for me.
I was sure it was Montréal. Me and other applicants of montréal office are waiting to get our BG completed for many weeks ago. It seems to me Montréal takes a lot of time to check BG. When I called them they told me that Security is completed but criminality is still in progress. Hope that 2024 will come with news.

Reactions: Ava2023

Gs88

Dec 19, 2017
I was sure it was Montréal. Me and other applicants of montréal office are waiting to get our BG completed for many weeks ago. It seems to me Montréal takes a lot of time to check BG. When I called them they told me that Security is completed but criminality is still in progress. Hope that 2024 will come with news.
Ok. How long it’s taking for Montreal these days? From Aor to Oath?

Reactions: yass2020

yass2020

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Ok. How long it’s taking for Montreal these days? From Aor to Oath?
It varies from case to another. Some applicants are lucky and get their Oath in three months. Some others have to wait more than that. All what we can do is to be patient.

Reactions: Gs88

Hhs73

Jun 4, 2021
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1153
Application: Single
Application sent: Sep 6th
Delivered: Sep 6th
AOR: October 17th
Background completed: October 27th (showed on tracker on October 31st)
GU: October 28th
Scheduled for citizenship test on Nov 7th: test window between Nov 13th and Dec 3rd - Instruction was emailed on Nov 8th.
Test taken (18/20): Nov 18th
Test completed on tracker: Nov 28th (tracker updated Nov 30th)
GU: Dec 13th
LPP completed on tracker: Dec 18th (showed up Dec 20th)
Oath of citizenship changed to In Progress: December 21st (showed up on tracker today December 23rd)
Oath Ceremony scheduled for January 16th

Office: Vancouver

Ava2023

Oct 20, 2023
I am in the same boat. I passed my test on November 15th, still stuck in the BG.

Reactions: yass2020

elizie

Oct 25, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
01-02-2017
AOR Received.
10-04-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application package
File Transfer...
15-05-2017
Med's Request
25-04-2018
Med's Done....
11-05-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2018
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1153
Application: Single
Application sent: Sep 6th
Delivered: Sep 6th
AOR: October 17th
Background completed: October 27th (showed on tracker on October 31st)
GU: October 28th
Scheduled for citizenship test on Nov 7th: test window between Nov 13th and Dec 3rd - Instruction was emailed on Nov 8th.
Test taken (18/20): Nov 18th
Test completed on tracker: Nov 28th (tracker updated Nov 30th)
GU: Dec 13th
LPP completed on tracker: Dec 18th (showed up Dec 20th)
Oath of citizenship changed to In Progress: December 21st (showed up on tracker today December 23rd)
Oath Ceremony scheduled for January 16th

Office: Vancouver
congrats! did you receive the oath letter already?

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
IRCC officials only get holidays on 25,26 December and January 1st.
Still the silence seems like they took the whole month off
"Waiting for oath" mississauga office
First of all, congratulations that you’re almost done with the process!

The Mississauga office held the last in-person oath taking ceremony for 2023 on December 20, 2023. I recall about 85 people took the oath, which is quite a large number and it went pretty fast and smoothly. The staff were fast but also patient, kind and respectful and still had smiles on their faces even when a few of the folks taking the oath asked ridiculous questions or said ridiculous things.
They also planned to hold 2 online oath taking ceremonies, on December 21, 2023.
And that’s it for 2023.

So, I’ll say prepare yourself for the first or second week in January 2024.

And while it might seem like the folks at the Mississauga office like to or seem to take their time, they’re actually one of the busiest and most effective/efficient offices in the country. And they even still run all kinds of last minute security checks on everyone taking the oath a day or two before the ceremonies.

While it takes 3 people to successfully manage an in-person ceremony, it takes 8 people to do the online ceremony.

I would encourage you that you’re at the last lap already, be assured that you’ll be invited soon..

Again, I congratulate you!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ravi26

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Is it up to us to chose if it's in person oath or online? or the office decides?

Usually the office decides.
If after you receive the "notice to appear" for a certain format of the ceremony, say in-person, but you decide that the online format works better for you, and you prefer that, you're allowed to email the office to let them know this and they'll arrange for you to participate in the next available ceremony in your preferred format.
Though, there's a likelihood that this might delay the completion of the your application by at least a few weeks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ravi26 and AnnieM

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
So, I’ll say prepare yourself for the first or second week in January 2024.
Usually the office decides.
If after you receive the "notice to appear" for a certain format of the ceremony, say in-person, but you decide that the online format works better for you, and you prefer that, you're allowed to email the office to let them know this and they'll arrange for you to participate in the next available ceremony in your preferred format.
Though, there's a likelihood that this might delay the completion of the your application by at least a few weeks.
Good to know. Hopefully it'll be done before Feb! I'll take whatever option is offered; finishing the process is more important.

Reactions: Ravi26 and El Jefe