+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Oath is now in progess and a date is reflected!!!

Applied: Sept 2023
AOR: Oct 6
BG: Oct 16 (reflected on tracker 10/18)
Test invite: Oct 27 (reflected on tracker 10/28)
Test written: Oct 30
Test marked complete: Oct 31 (reflected on tracker 11/2)
ECAS DM: Dec 8
LPP: Dec 7 (reflected on tracker Dec. 9)
E-cert message: Dec. 12
Oath in progress & oath date noted on tracker: Dec 11 (noted on tracker Dec. 13)
Oath date: Dec 21st (awaiting further instructions email)
Congratulations!

Please can you explain what the e-certificate message is all about? Thanks!

dentist4u

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Fingerprints received and BG check marked as complete today.
The application tracker for my kids has shown no movement since Oct 28 when AOR was updated for them. Is that normal?
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1147
Application: Family (3)
Application sent: Sept 21, 2023
Delivered: Sept 21, 2023
AOR: Oct 26, 2023
Test Invite - Nov 10, 2023
Fingerprint request - Nov 14, 2023
Fingerprint submitted- Nov 16, 2023
Citizenship test given - Nov 20, 2023
Citizenship test updated- Nov 29, 2023
Fingerprint received - Dec 10
Background check completed - Dec 11...... Updated in tracker today.

Reactions: kumori

ThenT

Oct 6, 2023
Hi,
Following with my timeline,
Today BG completed for all 3 family members ( as one adult BG was left out previously)
Also one ghost update, I think it is for citizenship test.
I hope the best to happen soon:)
TQ

Reactions: kumori and mm32019

sls8756507

Nov 20, 2023
Canada
Hi all
Does anyone have an idea of how fast the West office is? Cause my application was progressing quite fast until the exam. I did the exam on November 12, the tracker was updated on November 23, showing that the test was set as completed on November 21. Nothing happened ever since (3 weeks now).

bhandariji

Mar 4, 2014
Here's timeline for my spouse's application: Application Status: In progress
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days:1110
Application: Single
Application sent: Aug 4
Application incomplete: Sept 13
Application re-sent: Sept 13
AOR:Oct 12
Application filed: Nov 2
BG Completed: Nov 7
Citizenship test request: Nov 9
Test Completed: Nov 17 (updated Nov 20)
LPP Completed: Nov 28

Oath: Not Started

I'm not sure where the application is being processed, how would you know that? The AOR came from Sydney,NS and Test invite came from Montreal.

Now the question to the community is, how long does it take from LPP completed to Oath Invite? Please share any information if you have.

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
Does anyone happen to know when the site listing the citizenship ceremonies usually updates? The site says weekly. So, far it only goes through the 20th and since my oath is scheduled for the 21st, I am curious. @forw.jane or @Miss bee, perhaps you have insights. You've both been so helpful before! Thanks!

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
Congratulations!

Please can you explain what the e-certificate message is all about? Thanks!
It seems that lately they are sending an email to anyone regarding how to access the e-cert, no matter what is marked on the actual application. Since I got that the day before my tracker updated with oath in progress & oath date, I thought I'd include it. Perhaps, it will become a data point that gives people an idea of if/what they will hear next. Good luck to you in the process.

Last edited:

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
It seems that lately they are sending an email to anyone regarding how to acess the e-cert, no matter what is marked on the actual application. Since I got that the day before my tracker updated with oath in progress & oath date, I thought I'd include it. Perhaps, it will become a data point that gives people an idea of if/what they will hear next. Good luck to you in the process.
Thanks for your response. All the best you to you as well for the remainder of the process. Cheers!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Does anyone happen to know when the site listing the citizenship ceremonies usually updates? The site says weekly. So, far it only goes through the 20th and since my oath is scheduled for the 21st, I am curious. @forw.jane or @Miss bee, perhaps you have insights. You've both been so helpful before! Thanks!
Are you expecting in-person ceremony?