I am a September applicant.
Family of 3, Toronto
Applied on September 10th
AOR October 20th
In process Ecas on October 24th..

Ghost update - October 31st
NOTHING AFTER THAT.. Like absolutely nothing

Anyone else on the same boat?
Me - Application submitted September 1st, AOR- October 13th. Ghost update - October 27th. Silence after that.

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
Just this evening I received the how to access your e-cert message, though I marked paper on my application. I understand that they are basically sending this to everyone now. As of now, the tracker has not yet updated. It still states oath not started and I have yet to recieve the oath information email. Thus, my question is what has the been the time frame these days between the random e-cert message and seeing something on the tracker and/or getting the oath email? Thanks so much! @Ivandrea7 I know we are with different offices but it seems our timelines have been very similar thus far. I hope you've received another piece of the information puzzle too! @pumpkin_latte are you still waiting to hear on oath after LPP? I believe I saw you post about not hearing yet and trying to navigate end of year travel. Have you received the random e-cert message, yet?

Last edited:

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi,
What is “ghost update”? :oops:
It is when the "updated on" date in your citizenship tracker changes to today's date, but there is actually no update to your status. Then a day or two later, the status is updated.

E.g.
Before ghost update: Last updated: 1 Dec 2023; Language, physical presence and prohibitions incomplete
Ghost update: Last updated: 12 Dec 2023; Language, physical presence and prohibitions incomplete
Post-GU: Last updated: 12 Dec 2023; Language, physical presence and prohibitions complete

Reactions: ThenT

Ivandrea7

Star Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
AOR Received.
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
29-01-2016 SA -Started Processing 02-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-09-2015
Interview........
04-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
Just this evening I received the how to access your e-cert message, though I marked paper on my application. I understand that they are basically sending this to everyone now. As of now, the tracker has not yet updated. It still states oath not started and I have yet to recieve the oath information email. Thus, my question is what has the been the time frame these days between the random e-cert message and seeing something on the tracker and/or getting the oath email? Thanks so much! @Ivandrea7 I know we are with different offices but it seems our timelines have been very similar thus far. I hope you've received another piece of the information puzzle too! @pumpkin_latte are you still waiting to hear on oath after LPP? I believe I saw you post about not hearing yet and trying to navigate end of year travel. Have you received the random e-cert message, yet?
Great news whatever it maybe, sure your oath will be soon! Still waiting everything is silent today. Out west seems to be moving quickly unlike Ontario.

Reactions: R17

ThenT

Oct 6, 2023
It is when the "updated on" date in your citizenship tracker changes to today's date, but there is actually no update to your status. Then a day or two later, the status is updated.

E.g.
Before ghost update: Last updated: 1 Dec 2023; Language, physical presence and prohibitions incomplete
Ghost update: Last updated: 12 Dec 2023; Language, physical presence and prohibitions incomplete
Post-GU: Last updated: 12 Dec 2023; Language, physical presence and prohibitions complete
Thank you

mm32019

Star Member
Oct 28, 2023
I am a September applicant.
Family of 3, Toronto
Applied on September 10th
AOR October 20th
In process Ecas on October 24th..

Ghost update - October 31st
NOTHING AFTER THAT.. Like absolutely nothing

Anyone else on the same boat?
Many of us got the first GU few days after in process. No idea what is it for
My assumption is, it was for BG check as many saw BG completed in a couple of days.

Also heard that BG check time varies; it may take days, weeks or even months.
But, yes, the wait is saddening!!!

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
Great news whatever it maybe, sure your oath will be soon! Still waiting everything is silent today. Out west seems to be moving quickly unlike Ontario.
Sending good thoughts your way for continued movement on your application too!

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
Oath is now in progess and a date is reflected!!!

Applied: Sept 2023
AOR: Oct 6
BG: Oct 16 (reflected on tracker 10/18)
Test invite: Oct 27 (reflected on tracker 10/28)
Test written: Oct 30
Test marked complete: Oct 31 (reflected on tracker 11/2)
ECAS DM: Dec 8
LPP: Dec 7 (reflected on tracker Dec. 9)
E-cert message: Dec. 12
Oath in progress & oath date noted on tracker: Dec 11 (noted on tracker Dec. 13)
Oath date: Dec 21st (awaiting further instructions email)