+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Hi all

I need Urgent help, I am kinda new in thes form haven't used it much so excuse me if I am not following all the steps

Sep 11 Citizenship allocating submitted online
Oct 21 Acknowledgement receipt from IRCC
Nov 08 Fingerprints and citizenship test requested
Nov 10 Fingerprints given
Nov 15 Test passed, tracker updated it

When i go on tracker, it's still processing language skills and physical presence. I haven't revived any update yet on these two things. When i applied my application online I only provided my education credentials s a transcript from New Zealand for language skills, and that transcript was issued a free years back.

Issue is, my dad's heart is only working 25% but it's in a stable condition atm and he is in India. I wouldn't know when i go would i be able to come back in a year, my sister went to assist my dad. Please help me, when should i expect to have Citizenship granted. If it's going to be within a month than I'll wait.
It depends on the office which is processing your application. If it is Vancouver, Montreal, Niagra, you can expect decision made within a month. For scarborough office, people are claiming here that they havn't heard anything after LPP update (even on 9th November). You should be able to decipher the office name from the email address of test invite. For Missisuaga office, I think you have probability of 50-50, and for Scarborough office, probability less than 50 percent that your decision is made within one month.

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Hi all

I need Urgent help, I am kinda new in thes form haven't used it much so excuse me if I am not following all the steps

Sep 11 Citizenship allocating submitted online
Oct 21 Acknowledgement receipt from IRCC
Nov 08 Fingerprints and citizenship test requested
Nov 10 Fingerprints given
Nov 15 Test passed, tracker updated it

When i go on tracker, it's still processing language skills and physical presence. I haven't revived any update yet on these two things. When i applied my application online I only provided my education credentials s a transcript from New Zealand for language skills, and that transcript was issued a free years back.

Issue is, my dad's heart is only working 25% but it's in a stable condition atm and he is in India. I wouldn't know when i go would i be able to come back in a year, my sister went to assist my dad. Please help me, when should i expect to have Citizenship granted. If it's going to be within a month than I'll wait.
Hello, I understand you are going through a difficult period, but let me give you my opinion
--Depending on your office processing the application, it could follow the trend seen on the [CanadaVisa Tracker] , or it may not. Some people have got their decision letter and oath date within 3 days of LPP complete. Others, for example, in the Mississauga and Scarbrough offices are facing delays.
--Nobody can accurately predict when your file will be decided upon.
-- I say go visit your father and relieve the burden on your sister. If the oath invite comes while you are in India, you can immediately raise a webform to IRCC and explain the situation and upload proof if at all necessary and ask for a revised date.
--If you wait till oath, and become a citizen, flying back to India on an Indian passport may result in some hassles at immigration (yes, I am aware there is some grace period of surrender post acquiring Canadian citizenship, but I personally wouldn't risk it). The next best thing would be applying for a Canadian passport and applying for an e-visa.

--Ultimately, you should not have any regret. I think you understand what I'm implying. Go see your father and give him strength.

Mndnmrlt

Mar 10, 2021
It was technical issue for someone, who called IRCC and informed about not getting test invite... it was resolved right away..
I called them earlier last week , they told me that the office is going to decide when they were gonna send the invite.

mm32019

Star Member
Oct 28, 2023
I called them earlier last week , they told me that the office is going to decide when they were gonna send the invite.
Then that person got lucky and received test invite next day. May be you should try again and it might work with reaching out to a different agent

Reactions: Mndnmrlt

elizie

Oct 25, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
01-02-2017
AOR Received.
10-04-2017
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application package
File Transfer...
15-05-2017
Med's Request
25-04-2018
Med's Done....
11-05-2018
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
28-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2018
anyone here who selected to receive paper for the certificate of oath? Did you do the ceremony online or in-person?

MZH224

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-10-2020
AOR Received.
14-10-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can you please share your timeline?
Sep 7 - Online submission
Oct 19 - AOR
Oct 19 - Police Report requested
Oct 23 - Background Complete
Nov 01 - Citizenship Test request/schedule
Nov 08 - Citizenship Test complete
Nov 10 - LPP Completed
Nov 23 - Police Report submitted
Dec 06 - Oath in Progress
Dec 11 - Oath letter received
Dec 19 - Oath Ceremony

kumori

Star Member
May 13, 2021
Test completed on 30th NOV, still waiting for LPP, mississauga office
Anyone on the same boat
Mississauga office here. Test completed Nov 18, BG hasn't even done. If you have your BG cleared before test, maybe you have better chance that it would go faster.

Reactions: yass2020

yass2020

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Mississauga office here. Test completed Nov 18, BG hasn't even done. If you have your BG cleared before test, maybe you have better chance that it would go faster.
My office is Montreal. My application is done on Sept 19 and AOR Oct 31, but my BG is still not done. I can't understand why some BG have not been completed till now. Do you have any explanation to this delay?

kumori

Star Member
May 13, 2021
My office is Montreal. My application is done on Sept 19 and AOR Oct 31, but my BG is still not done. I can't understand why some BG have not been completed till now. Do you have any explanation to this delay?
I'm just clueless as you are, my friend. What I observed from previous months applicants, normally it's the case of people getting Fingerprints request, hence the delay of BG clearance. But I never got the request so I'm just sitting here wondering...o_O

Reactions: yass2020