+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

teedeebee

May 30, 2019
Hi All,

I had my citizenship ceremony on Monday Dec 4 (Mississauga Office) and I sent in my signed oath form about 30mins after the ceremony ended but I still have not received my certificate. My friend who was in the same ceremony as me already received his e-certificate on Wednesday. Should I be worried? Does anyone know if it is possible to check on the status of the certificate? I am trying to apply for an urgent passport and I need the certificate to do that so I am panicking a bit

sinclair7x7

Sep 13, 2019
Online application for single

- Office: Vancouver
- Submitted: Sep 17 2023
- AOR: Oct 24
- BG completed: Nov 1
- Test taken: Nov 14
- Test updated to complete: Nov 23

still waiting on LPP
wow this forum seems to be lucky for me - LPP completed on Dec 6,updated on Dec 8

vik222512

Star Member
Apr 28, 2021
Niagara, Montreal, also Van are speedy .... and Folks with MIS, SCR, be prepared to board the waiting train!!!
same here waiting since Nov 15....but i am just curious how do we know our file is in SCR without looking at notes! Dont the files move based on workload?

i got my test invite from DNSCR id and i am from GTA so can i assume my file is with SCR office?

mm32019

Star Member
Oct 28, 2023
same here waiting since Nov 15....but i am just curious how do we know our file is in SCR without looking at notes! Dont the files move based on workload?

i got my test invite from DNSCR id and i am from GTA so can i assume my file is with SCR office?
yeah .. that's how it is.

MZH224

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-10-2020
AOR Received.
14-10-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020
Exam completed 6th December at 11.59pm. Haven't received test complete tracker update yet

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hi All,

I had my citizenship ceremony on Monday Dec 4 (Mississauga Office) and I sent in my signed oath form about 30mins after the ceremony ended but I still have not received my certificate. My friend who was in the same ceremony as me already received his e-certificate on Wednesday. Should I be worried? Does anyone know if it is possible to check on the status of the certificate? I am trying to apply for an urgent passport and I need the certificate to do that so I am panicking a bit
Please can you share your timeline? Thanks

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
I applied via paper, and still as of this evening, on the tracker the last date noted in the upper right corner is Nov. 2nd. This w as when the the test being marked completed on Oct. 31st was reflected. LPP still says IP and oath not started. However, when I checked ECAS just now, on the main page that shows a status summary, it says decision made. However, when I click into that it still just says we started processing your application on October (I don't remember the exact date). I also checked my email and there was nothing there from IRCC. I am worried this is just a tech glitch playing with my emotions. Has anyone seen or heard of this happening before? Is this a sign I may get news shortly? @forw.jane, apologies for tagging you once again but you are one I know is quite active on this forum. Any insights or know of another person I should reach out to for insight? Thank you!!!

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I applied via paper, and still as of this evening, on the tracker the last date noted in the upper right corner is Nov. 2nd. This w as when the the test being marked completed on Oct. 31st was reflected. LPP still says IP and oath not started. However, when I checked ECAS just now, on the main page that shows a status summary, it says decision made. However, when I click into that it still just says we started processing your application on October (I don't remember the exact date). I also checked my email and there was nothing there from IRCC. I am worried this is just a tech glitch playing with my emotions. Has anyone seen or heard of this happening before? Is this a sign I may get news shortly? @forw.jane, apologies for tagging you once again but you are one I know is quite active on this forum. Any insights or know of another person I should reach out to for insight? Thank you!!!
Do you know when Decision Made was done in ECAS for you?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Your tracker should be updated tomorrow or next week . Ecas is more accurate than tracker as it gets updated daily however tracker gets updated in 2-4 days after officer works on your application or make final decision. Congratulations you are at end of process.

Reactions: R17

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
Do you know when Decision Made was done in ECAS for you?
@forw.jane I believe I checked it yesterday or the day before that and it still said IN PROGRESS on the main screen. So, I think today is the first day it is sayijng DECISION MADE. But again, when I click on that the further information page still just says we started processing your application Oct. something. So, it does not reflect deision made there. Is this common? Is it a tech fluke? Could I be getting more news soon, perhaps?