Jul 3, 2015
Just passed my test guys. Got 19/20

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1099
Application type: Single
Application sent: 25-Sep-2023
Delivered: 25-Sep-2023
AOR: 31-Oct-2023
Request for test: November 16th (November 20th to December 10th)
Test completed: November 26th
Hi, Any tips and guidance for preparing for the test. There are lot of names and dates to remember...

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
Hi Folks,

Just passed my Citizenship test. Got 17/20.

Physical Presence Days: 1101
Application: Single
Application sent: 2023-09-07
Delivered: 2023-09-07
AOR: 2023-10-17
Tracker Created: 2023-10-19 (In progress)
Background Verification – 2023-10-27
Citizenship Test In progress: 2023-11-03
Citizenship Test Invite: 2023-11-07 (November 13th to December 3rd)
Citizenship Test Invite Email Received: 2023-11-08
Test completed: November 27th
Hi, Any tips and guidance for preparing for the test. There are lot of names and dates to remember...

cool_eagle

Jul 3, 2015
I don't think you will be asked to take the test again. They may ask you to send a better picture of your ID. I have already read such concern from a candidate but all what they were asked to do is to send a new picture of ID.
Whether the website application will click the picture through webcam and we have to show the ID in front of camera. OR, we have to manually click the photo of ID and upload it. ???

yass2020

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Whether the website application will click the picture through webcam and we have to show the ID in front of camera. OR, we have to manually click the photo of ID and upload it. ???
The first option. you have to show the ID in front of camera and press a button on your website application. It's very easy. Just make sure that the picture you take is clear. I had to retake a picture many times before I got it very clear. hhhh

Reactions: cool_eagle

Hhs73

Jun 4, 2021
Finally got an update on tracker today

Physical Presence Days: 1153
Application: Single
Application sent: Sep 6th
Delivered: Sep 6th
AOR: October 17th
Background completed: October 27th (showed on tracker on October 31st)
GU: October 28th
Scheduled for citizenship test on Nov 7th: test window between Nov 13th and Dec 3rd - Instruction was emailed on Nov 8th.
Test taken (18/20): Nov 18th
Test completed on tracker: Nov 28th (tracker updated today Nov 30th)

Jorela

Star Member
Jun 22, 2020
I read the Guide the first time keeping notes (wasn’t necessary but it helps me remember), the second time just a light read. I did the online free tests every night, 2 or 3/ night and watched the YouTube video with 414 questions 2ice. The test questions weren’t very difficult but not very easy either. No years, but I would recommend to learn the most important ones. I scored 20/20 and finished it in 3-4 minutes.

tigerc

Sep 16, 2021
Hi there, my application tracker status right now is everything complete, except for the citizenship ceremony which says "not started." Today, I received an auto-generated email with a letter from the Registrar of Canadian Citizenship with instructions to download an e-certificate. However, I have not received any communications about the citizenship ceremony yet. And the download link does not work. What does it mean for my application and what's next?

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hi there, my application tracker status right now is everything complete, except for the citizenship ceremony which says "not started." Today, I received an auto-generated email with a letter from the Registrar of Canadian Citizenship with instructions to download an e-certificate. However, I have not received any communications about the citizenship ceremony yet. And the download link does not work. What does it mean for my application and what's next?
Means you’re golden. Congratulations!

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
You will receive another email with the formal invitation letter in a few days. Your tracker will also be updated shortly. This is good news!

Reactions: tigerc and yass2020

yass2020

Star Member
Aug 25, 2023
Congratulations !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: tigerc