+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Ava2023

Oct 20, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Is it compulsory to read the Discover Canada book twice before writing the test?

I am so busy that I think I can only read it once and then do some practice tests.

Thank you.
I think once is not enough.
If you don’t have enough time. Instead, Install Canada app. It is well organized and easier to read and has various tests. Meanwhile, during driving,cooking, walking to work,etc you can listen to the questions on YouTube. It is about 5 hours. It is kinda practice.

Hhs73

Jun 4, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Is it compulsory to read the Discover Canada book twice before writing the test?

I am so busy that I think I can only read it once and then do some practice tests.

Thank you.
It really varies from person to person. I know someone who took 3 weeks to read it and read it a couple of times. I didn’t have time to do that and history is really boring for me to read twice. So, I only read it one time thoroughly (over 5 days) and used highlighter for important things (in my opinion) and then I just skimmed my highlights for a second time and I just did the test right after while my memory was fresh. Definitely recommend reading it at least one time. I don’t think I would have passed without reading it. Also, I did a couple of practice tests to make sure I’m not missing anything.

chemrea

Apr 21, 2018
Do you know how long the tracker will update after you give the fingerprints? My wife and I gave the fingerprints on Nov 4, but still no update

mm32019

Star Member
Oct 28, 2023
Hi everyone.
Both my wife and I did our test on Nov. 12. On November 17th, around 3 pm, my portal was updated, showing my test as completed (dated November 15). However, we're still waiting for my wife's test also to be updated as completed. I initially expected that both applications are going to be updated at the same time. Has anyone had a similar situation? Any suggestion on what might be the reason?
How did you know it was updated at 3pm? did you check it earlier in the morning with no updates? Because from what I have read in other posts, and in my case too, tracker is updated once in the morning. I never saw any change later during day, if it's not there in the morning.

Reactions: kuyuyu

mm32019

Star Member
Oct 28, 2023
Do you know how long the tracker will update after you give the fingerprints? My wife and I gave the fingerprints on Nov 4, but still no update
the fastest one I saw is 2 weeks and it took 5 weeks for someone,,, there's no definite timeline

Reactions: chemrea

Hubertzh

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Hello,any one knows whether we can give fingerprint at Montreal Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)? Just received the letter today. We did the fingerprints three years ago when applying the work permit. Do not understand whey they still ask for it. Thank you

Hubertzh

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Or whether we can go to the local police department to do it? How much does it cost? Thank you

Hello,any one knows whether we can give fingerprint at Montreal Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)? Just received the letter today. We did the fingerprints three years ago when applying the work permit. Do not understand whey they still ask for it. Thank you

sls8756507

Nov 20, 2023
Canada
How did you know it was updated at 3pm? did you check it earlier in the morning with no updates? Because from what I have read in other posts, and in my case too, tracker is updated once in the morning. I never saw any change later during day, if it's not there in the morning.

Yes, I checked my application a couple of times that day. The last one before I saw the update was around 2 pm, and at 3pm I saw the update and status changed to completed.

Reactions: mm32019