Application: Single
Application sent: Sep 6th
Delivered: Sep 6th
AOR: October 17th

Reactions: Mo_mad

Godsdaughter

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Received an email from Cic with an attachment at 8:23PM on the 17th of October but I don't know if it is AOR.

It does not mention anything about tracking my application, so I am confused.

Below is the content of the attachment:

Subject: APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/ become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html. UCI: Application: This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required. All citizenship applicants between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they sign their application must meet language and knowledge requirements to become a Canadian citizen. If this includes you, you will need to: • Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French. • Pass a written or if necessary, an oral test on your knowledge of Canada and the rights and responsibilities of citizenship. The knowledge test is based on the information provided in the official citizenship study guide. It is 20 multiple choice questions and you must get at least 15 correct to pass. • The study guide is available on the IRCC website at: On the same page, you will find more information on how to prepare for the test. When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear from us. Contact information It is very important that you notify IRCC of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address, email, and telephone number). Please visit our website at for information on: 1. 2. 3. Thank you, Citizenship Official Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada canada.ca/immigration ... 2 How to change your contact information; Application processing times; Checking the status of your application. Citizenship Program (Grants) Case Processing Centre - Sydney P.O. Box 12000 Sydney NS B1P 7C2 www.cic.gc.ca

Thank you.

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
Received an email from Cic with an attachment at 8:23PM on the 17th of October but I don't know if it is AOR.

Subject: APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/ become-canadian-citizen/citizenship-test.html. UCI: Application: This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required. All citizenship applicants between 18 and 54 years of age on the date they sign their application must meet language and knowledge requirements to become a Canadian citizen. If this includes you, you will need to: • Demonstrate competence in basic communication in English or French. • Pass a written or if necessary, an oral test on your knowledge of Canada and the rights and responsibilities of citizenship. The knowledge test is based on the information provided in the official citizenship study guide. It is 20 multiple choice questions and you must get at least 15 correct to pass. • The study guide is available on the IRCC website at: On the same page, you will find more information on how to prepare for the test. When your application has been reviewed and has met basic eligibility, IRCC will send you correspondence to invite you to a knowledge test. It could take a few months before you hear from us. Contact information It is very important that you notify IRCC of any changes in your contact information (i.e. address, email, and telephone number). Please visit our website at for information on: 1. 2. 3. Thank you, Citizenship Official Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada canada.ca/immigration ... 2 How to change your contact information; Application processing times; Checking the status of your application. Citizenship Program (Grants) Case Processing Centre - Sydney P.O. Box 12000 Sydney NS B1P 7C2 www.cic.gc.ca

Thank you.
It is AoR. The first line of the letter says it. On page 2 of the attachment, there are some links. One of them is called “Checking the status of your application”. Click that. It will show you how to make tracking account.

Reactions: Godsdaughter

Mo_mad

Sep 5, 2023

Thank you.
It says so

"This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. "

Godsdaughter

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1101
Application: Single
Application sent: 2023-09-07
Delivered: 2023-09-07
AOR: waiting
AOR received on September 17th, 2023 at 8:23PM. I applied online on September 7, 2023.
Case Processing Center Sydney Nova Scotia.

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
Hi folks, I’m curious if it is necessary to use a separate email address for child applicant who is applying with the parent? Does anyone here use the same (parent’s) email address for themselves and their child?

I’m asking because I’m concerned if the parent and the child use the same email address will it be possible for them to create accounts (tracker etc or anything) given the email is the same? Thanks!