+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Spousal Sponsorship OUTLAND (Paper/Online)

Safi S

Star Member
Dec 22, 2022
My paper based application reached NS on 20th of September, still I have not received the AOR. Should I also reconsider applying online? This is soo confusing.
Someone in this thread got the AOR on 30th dec , submitted on 20th sep . Double check your email and mail box and ask your spouse too Dont apply again unless documents returned.

GoodVibes786

Jan 11, 2023
Hi. I have a question. When we get biometric and medical request, do we have to book appointment with VFS office for giving biometric and also need a appointment with a doctor for medical or we can go there without making any appointments with the printed email we get? My principal applicant is in pakistan. Please advise me.

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hi. I have a question. When we get biometric and medical request, do we have to book appointment with VFS office for giving biometric and also need a appointment with a doctor for medical or we can go there without making any appointments with the printed email we get? My principal applicant is in pakistan. Please advise me.
You might want to call the local VFS office to check if an appointment is required for biometrics collection. Same thing, it is up to the clinic if they require appointment booking in advance. Just to make sure that the doctor is in the panel list given by IRCC.

mingdong

Jan 4, 2023
I'm happy to share an important record below, which is an email message sent by Deputy Minister to a stakeholder on January 11 2023.

There are three key things in her message:

1. IRCC is working on a policy to facilitate TRVs for spouses AND children abroad while they wait for the finalization of PR spousal sponsorship
2. IRCC acknowledged the gap in issuing AORs to outland applicants as opposed to inland applicants and is fixing this
3. IRCC acknowledged the issue with returned applications due to the system not recognizing properly the electronic vs handwritten signatures on form, and is fixing this

On Thu, Jan 12, 2023 at 10:57 AM Fox.Christiane <Christiane.Fox@cic.gc.ca> wrote:
Good evening Mr Burlotte,

I have decided to reply directly to your message, without copying the CBC, which you added in our last exchange.
Thank you for your response to my email sent on January 2nd. In our various exchanges, you highlight some important points that I wish to clarify. I have provide some explanation below but I would be open to scheduling some time with you for my team to discuss further.

First, You’ve indicated that that the Department has not begun the issuance of temporary resident status to spouses and children abroad while they wait for the processing of their permanent residency application. While this is accurate, I can confirm that this is something the Department is actively working on and updates will be provided to the public as soon as we are in a position to do so. My previous correspondence was making reference to the fact that various measures were developed in light of the Minister’s mandate letter.

With regards to the statement about systemic discrimination depending on the PA’s race, nationality or the country where principal applicant resides, I would start by clarifying that normally, applications are processed on a first-in first-out basis. Every application is handled on a case-by-case basis. IRCC moves applications around our global network to ensure they are processed as efficiently as possible, which means applications may not be processed at or decided upon by decision makers at the office closest to where a client lives, or where an application is submitted. It is also important to note that during the pandemic, IRCC adjusted processing activities due to the various boarder restrictions, hence focusing on the in-Canada population

With regards to the table you presented showing the difference in processing times for inland and outland cases, the Department has commitment to sending AoRs (Acknowledgement of Reception) for both streams within 10 weeks of receipt. While it is true that inland applicants currently receive their Acknowledgement of Reception quicker than applicants from outside Canada, both FC Inland and outland applications fall within the 10-week Acknowledgement of Reception (AoR) commitment. Efforts are being made to more closely align the time it takes for AoRs to be sent for these lines of businesses.

Thank you for raising the issues around applications being rejected by the portal. I have asked the teams to look into the claims that applications are being rejected for incorrect signatures and will ensure this is addressed.

Lastly, you mentioned the F12 trick that enables clients to see information about the progress of IRCC applications. I can confirm that this previous “IT bug” was fixed in the Spring of 2022. Clients are no longer able to see such information - Thank you for flagging this to us.

If interested, my office will contact you in order to setup a meeting to discuss these issues further and in more detail.

Christiane Fox

Deputy Minister, Office of the Deputy Minister
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada / Government of Canada
Christiane.Fox@cic.gc.ca

Sous-ministre, Bureau du sous-ministre
Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
Christiane.Fox@cic.gc.ca