+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Inland (Paper/Online)

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Has any of the paper applicants been able to link applications in GCKey and PR tracker? We still can't.
Hi.
as per your signature, Looks like you were able to link your OWP application. Can you please share what did you use to link that? Thanks

Oct 26, 2022
Hi all,
Thank you for all informative posts.
I am posting by question as I couldn't find anything similar on any of the forums.
I have applied for PR for my spouse on the new portal - Inland, Online and subsequently OWP on old portal.

We applied in October -
- sponsor received a one line email acknowledging the application receipt (NO AOR pdf attached to email) and no AOR on the online account too, within 12 days; can this be considered as AOR?
- Next day we received request for Medical report, submitted the same the day after. Medical Exam Status updated to Complete after 10 days.
- 11 days later Background verification status updated to Completed
- Overall eligibility still shows 'Not Started'

Not sure what to make of this? We wish to understand the process better. Any help is appreciated.

Based on the above information are we good to apply for OWP? If yes, can one start working after submitting OWP application?

Thank you and appreciate your time.

Last edited:

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Hi all,
Thank you for all informative posts.
I am posting by question as I couldn't find anything similar on any of the forums.
I have applied for PR for my spouse on the new portal - Inland, Online and subsequently OWP on old portal.

We applied in October -
- sponsor received a one line email acknowledging the application receipt (NO AOR pdf attached to email) and no AOR on the online account too, within 12 days; can this be considered as AOR?
- Next day we received request for Medical report, submitted the same the day after. Medical Exam Status updated to Complete after 10 days.
- 11 days later Background verification status updated to Completed
- Overall eligibility still shows 'Not Started'

Not sure what to make of this? We wish to understand the process better. Any help is appreciated.

Based on the above information are we good to apply for OWP? If yes, can one start working after submitting OWP application?

Thank you and appreciate your time.
Since, you are Inland. You are good to apply for OWP. Please do not forget to add information related to AOR in the application.

Oct 26, 2022
Since, you are Inland. You are good to apply for OWP. Please do not forget to add information related to AOR in the application.
Can the email I have referred to in my original post be used in lieu of the actual AOR pdf to apply for OWP?
Also, do you happen to know the timeline on both PR and OPW please? And any place to track them?
Thank you!

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hi.
as per your signature, Looks like you were able to link your OWP application. Can you please share what did you use to link that? Thanks
We were able to link the application once the PA received the confirmation letter that his OWP was accepted. There was a letter attached with the OWP app number. So at that point, it was kind of pointless to link the application since we already knew it was approved.

Last edited:
Reactions: jan1992

yoli85

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Since you already got requests for medicals, I think it is safe to assume that you received an AOR and can apply for the OWP. All you need to do is refer to the spousal sponsorship application number that must be mentioned in your Medical Exam request letter, it starts with an "F."

You can't start working right after submitting the OWP application. You have to wait until you receive the OWP in the mail.

Quebec1824

Oct 13, 2022
Hi all,

Me(applicant) and my partner(sponsor) applied common law sponsorship/OWP on mid September and it was received by 22/Sep which was last day for paper applications are allowed.

I have been waiting for further updates since then.

i got some news from IRCC since last week. I would like to share my timeline.

AOR 30/11/2022
Biometrics request 02/12/2022
Biometrics done 06/12/2022

and yesterday, i got my work permit approved. It was kinda big surprise. I was expecting that i would get my work permit at least 7-8months later but me and my partner are so happy about it.

we guess the reason why we got work permit this early, it’s because of labour shortage is real problem.

anyway, i hope everyone get some good news soon!

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
Hi all,

Me(applicant) and my partner(sponsor) applied common law sponsorship/OWP on mid September and it was received by 22/Sep which was last day for paper applications are allowed.

I have been waiting for further updates since then.

i got some news from IRCC since last week. I would like to share my timeline.

AOR 30/11/2022
Biometrics request 02/12/2022
Biometrics done 06/12/2022

and yesterday, i got my work permit approved. It was kinda big surprise. I was expecting that i would get my work permit at least 7-8months later but me and my partner are so happy about it.

we guess the reason why we got work permit this early, it’s because of labour shortage is real problem.

anyway, i hope everyone get some good news soon!
Can you please how did you get work permit approval? Did they inform you via email? or you had your application connected with GC Key? Do they send work permit via post/mail? also are you on closed work permit already or visitor?

I am enclosed work permit. My application was received around 12 September and received AOR on 7 November. My application is at AIP stage but I am not able to link OWP with GC Key. It always results in "not found". Not sure what is going on and that's why so many questions. thanks

Quebec1824

Oct 13, 2022
Can you please how did you get work permit approval? Did they inform you via email? or you had your application connected with GC Key? Do they send work permit via post/mail? also are you on closed work permit already or visitor?

I am enclosed work permit. My application was received around 12 September and received AOR on 7 November. My application is at AIP stage but I am not able to link OWP with GC Key. It always results in "not found". Not sure what is going on and that's why so many questions. thanks
first of all, we submitted paper applications both sponsorship and work permit at the same time plus inland. I was on my visitor permit when I submitted. I guess you submitted by online?

they informed me via email first and I got my my work permit today via mail.

• Wow
Reactions: jan1992

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
first of all, we submitted paper applications both sponsorship and work permit at the same time plus inland. I was on my visitor permit when I submitted. I guess you submitted by online?

they informed me via email first and I got my my work permit today via mail.
I also applied by paper for sponsorship and work permit.
thanks for sharing.
I think its just me who is clueless about my application. Guess I should wait for communication from their end.

Quebec1824

Oct 13, 2022
I also applied by paper for sponsorship and work permit.
thanks for sharing.
I think its just me who is clueless about my application. Guess I should wait for communication from their end.
oh then.. i have no idea.. i am sorry that i can’t be helpful.
Maybe try to contact IRCC? Also processing time vary on each cases.

hope you sort out your issue soon!

mmoo

Dec 21, 2022
I am inland and I submitted my application in 2022/Oct/19
As a result, I called IRCC and was informed I had passed all the stages for the PR and my ECAS shows that a decision has been made.
In the new tracker or GCkey nothing shows that my application is still under process.
did any one got the same thing

jan1992

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
india
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2021
I am inland and I submitted my application in 2022/Oct/19
As a result, I called IRCC and was informed I had passed all the stages for the PR and my ECAS shows that a decision has been made.
In the new tracker or GCkey nothing shows that my application is still under process.
did any one got the same thing
yes, same thing.