Applied : 3 May 2022
Bio-metrics done: 14 Feb 2022
Medical upfront : 22 March 2022
Medical Passed for main applicant and Spouse: 4 May 2022
Elegibility Review - Any days before 11 May
PPR: No updates

Jan 22, 2022
Hello,

Sharing my application details here. I can update the status if there's a change.

SDS Application Submitted On: May 9, 2022
Date of Biometrics Enrolment: May 16, 2022 (Day it got updated in profile)
Medicals: April 27, 2022 (Uploaded on the same day as application but not updated in profile)
Review Status: Not started (Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility)
College: Mohawk, Hamilton
Intake: September (Fall)

Hoping to get a response soon.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
My wife requested a deferral today for the January 2023 intake because she still has not received a decision from IRCC. Application sent on March 5 and still nothing... it's incredible how slow they can be.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
My wife requested a deferral today for the January 2023 intake because she still has not received a decision from IRCC. Application sent on March 5 and still nothing... it's incredible how slow they can be.
Best of Luck !!

It is just so weird. There is absolutely no order on how applications are processed. Some categories have people waiting since Mar/Apr 2021 and Files from Dec 2021 and Jan 2022 got decisions. Crap

Reactions: engr777 and mtosan

mtosan

Star Member
May 19, 2022
I submitted my application with my wife and son for Fall 2022 last May 4. Not a single update since then. I'm starting to wonder if I should already defer to January 2023 since the timelines are already getting too tight.

Even if we get approved by mid July, resignation timelines for our work will be very very tight

desperator7788

May 19, 2022
CHN
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
UNKNOWN
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 3 2022
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
Feb 14 2022 Upfront
I submitted my application with my wife and son for Fall 2022 last May 4. Not a single update since then. I'm starting to wonder if I should already defer to January 2023 since the timelines are already getting too tight.

Even if we get approved by mid July, resignation timelines for our work will be very very tight
hell yeah. For me it's going to take at least a month to resign

NatashaCC

Jun 14, 2022
Hi guys. I am September intake however still awaiting LOA from the institution. Anyone else still waiting on their school to send offer letter? I am worried we wont make the timeframe stipulated and will have to defer

rsdapshis

Feb 6, 2022
Best of Luck !!

It is just so weird. There is absolutely no order on how applications are processed. Some categories have people waiting since Mar/Apr 2021 and Files from Dec 2021 and Jan 2022 got decisions. Crap
I really do believe it has more to do with where you have submitted your application over the entire group.

As I keep hearing countries that are new to the SDS program (Peru/Brazil) as having their applications passed in the timeline that matches Canada's website which is 20 calendar days.

As if IRCC has different groups working on different countries applications.

I am applying from China and it seems like China and India are very similar in timeframes, there are some lucky few who get through in a shorter time but then the normal applications process is somewhere around 13-14 weeks.

I have already applied once and got rejected via SDS and received an answer back on the 15th week after submission for applying with my whole family which I believe was the reason it took a little longer and the reason I got rejected.

This time round I have reapplied and still waiting.

Application - 9th April 2022
No new updates since then.

So I am in the 10th week waiting and I do believe I should get an answer back within 4 -5 weeks from now.

I think the way that they work is they work on a week by week application process for the largest population applications (India/China/Pakistan)

So for example those IRCC workers go in to work on Monday and then say to each other "Okay who applied 14 weeks ago?" and start working through all the Monday applications 14 weeks ago.

That's at least what it seems like they doing as watching this forum for so long, it was pretty predictable when certain applications were going to get an answer back.

So I would say if you are not getting an answer back after say 16 weeks via SDS then you should start to worry and try to get hold of IRCC as the application probably went missing.

Reactions: Vicksy

korwynkim

Jun 15, 2022
Applied May 5th
Biometrics May 17th
Approved May 31st
SDS -from Peru
You didn't need to do a medical for Peru?

My friend is also applying (non-sds) from Peru and did the biometric a month ago. Haven't heard anything since then.

edit: just got the medical request

Last edited:

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Hi guys. I am September intake however still awaiting LOA from the institution. Anyone else still waiting on their school to send offer letter? I am worried we wont make the timeframe stipulated and will have to defer
If you are still waiting for your LOA, that means you haven't even applied for the Study Permit with IRCC. If you applied today and IRCC made a decision in 12 weeks, you wouldn't be able to start your studies at the beginning of September.

Study your University's dates and policies to decide whether you try to get a decision before September or you choose to defer your intake to January. In any case, my advice would be to hurry up.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
I really do believe it has more to do with where you have submitted your application over the entire group.

As I keep hearing countries that are new to the SDS program (Peru/Brazil) as having their applications passed in the timeline that matches Canada's website which is 20 calendar days.

As if IRCC has different groups working on different countries applications.

I am applying from China and it seems like China and India are very similar in timeframes, there are some lucky few who get through in a shorter time but then the normal applications process is somewhere around 13-14 weeks.

I have already applied once and got rejected via SDS and received an answer back on the 15th week after submission for applying with my whole family which I believe was the reason it took a little longer and the reason I got rejected.

This time round I have reapplied and still waiting.

Application - 9th April 2022
No new updates since then.

So I am in the 10th week waiting and I do believe I should get an answer back within 4 -5 weeks from now.

I think the way that they work is they work on a week by week application process for the largest population applications (India/China/Pakistan)

So for example those IRCC workers go in to work on Monday and then say to each other "Okay who applied 14 weeks ago?" and start working through all the Monday applications 14 weeks ago.

That's at least what it seems like they doing as watching this forum for so long, it was pretty predictable when certain applications were going to get an answer back.

So I would say if you are not getting an answer back after say 16 weeks via SDS then you should start to worry and try to get hold of IRCC as the application probably went missing.
Agree... I believe the response time has more to do with the place from which you apply. Also, remember that IRCC sometimes sends applications to other Visa Offices around the world to distribute better their workload. My wife's first application was sent to Warsaw and then returned to Buenos Aires (at least I think so because the ATIP notes were not clear at all).

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Here is my timeline:
Application submission: June 10, 2022
(Upfront) medical passed: June 13, 2022
Biometric updated: June 15, 2022 (2 hours after taken)
Eligibility review: not started yet
Background check: processing

Apply from: Indonesia
School: Fanshawe, Post graduate

How do we know in which visa office is our application being processed? Is there any fixed timeline when our eligibility review will start?

Good luck to all of us.

Geet7

Sep 13, 2021
Here is my timeline:
Application submission: June 10, 2022
(Upfront) medical passed: June 13, 2022
Biometric updated: June 15, 2022 (2 hours after taken)
Eligibility review: not started yet
Background check: processing

Apply from: Indonesia
School: Fanshawe, Post graduate

How do we know in which visa office is our application being processed? Is there any fixed timeline when our eligibility review will start?

Good luck to all of us.
In this link you can check which Visa Office should be processing your application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html

It says that for Indonesia, the VO is in Jakarta. Also, note that sometimes applications from one VO are sent to a different VO for work distribution purposes as far as I know.

There is no fixed timeline for the eligibility review to start, the only timeline reference is the current application processing time that stands at 12 weeks.

My wife is also going to Fanshawe but she requested a deferral a couple of days ago because she didn't want to pay the first year tuition without having received a decision from IRCC:

Good luck!

Reactions: Vicksy

Vicksy

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
In this link you can check which Visa Office should be processing your application:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html

It says that for Indonesia, the VO is in Jakarta. Also, note that sometimes applications from one VO are sent to a different VO for work distribution purposes as far as I know.

There is no fixed timeline for the eligibility review to start, the only timeline reference is the current application processing time that stands at 12 weeks.

My wife is also going to Fanshawe but she requested a deferral a couple of days ago because she didn't want to pay the first year tuition without having received a decision from IRCC:

Good luck!
Thanks for the link! Good luck to your wife.

Fabbitta

May 21, 2022
You didn't need to do a medical for Peru?

My friend is also applying (non-sds) from Peru and did the biometric a month ago. Haven't heard anything since then.

edit: just got the medical request
I had the medical exam in April, before I applied, it was SDS