+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Yeah 100% lol and the only way probably is to look for your mum's father's birth certificate to check for surname which, in India, I know is easier said than done lol 😂
Hahah. Yeah that is good option to go for. Actually one more question while I have you here. I will be going in person to apply in Whitby(heard they giving new passports there). In that case, do I still need to get photocopy of my Id and signed by the guarantor or original Id works?

harmaine

Star Member
Apr 6, 2023
Hahah. Yeah that is good option to go for. Actually one more question while I have you here. I will be going in person to apply in Whitby(heard they giving new passports there). In that case, do I still need to get photocopy of my Id and signed by the guarantor or original Id works?
You need to provide at least one (1) document to support your identity. The identification document (ID) must be valid and be issued by a federal, provincial/
territorial government authority (or local equivalent abroad). The ID must include your name, date of birth, signature and photo. One or more document(s),
when combined, may be used to fulfill these criteria.
• If you are applying in person, your original documents will be validated and returned to you.
• If applying by mail, provide copies of both sides of your ID and have them signed and dated by your guarantor.

Above wording is from the passport form - My understanding is that you have to take your original ID and they will check that there. Photocopies option only applies to mail applicants.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
You need to provide at least one (1) document to support your identity. The identification document (ID) must be valid and be issued by a federal, provincial/
territorial government authority (or local equivalent abroad). The ID must include your name, date of birth, signature and photo. One or more document(s),
when combined, may be used to fulfill these criteria.
• If you are applying in person, your original documents will be validated and returned to you.
• If applying by mail, provide copies of both sides of your ID and have them signed and dated by your guarantor.

Above wording is from the passport form - My understanding is that you have to take your original ID and they will check that there. Photocopies option only applies to mail applicants.
Okay sounds good. I'll just take the original id then.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Question for those who are waiting for LPP to go green, like myself: What are you guys doing exactly? I wanna know if I am doing everything I can or it's all waste of time and I should just sit back and wait?

1. I have requested my ATIP notes and they do not talk a lot about what is causing the delay.
2. I have emailed my MP. No reply from his office.
3. I called IRCC, agents only have the info that I have thru my GCMS notes.
4. I have emailed my processing office and have only received generic automated replies.

What should be my next steps?

TIA

saloni2210

Mar 20, 2023
Question for those who are waiting for LPP to go green, like myself: What are you guys doing exactly? I wanna know if I am doing everything I can or it's all waste of time and I should just sit back and wait?

1. I have requested my ATIP notes and they do not talk a lot about what is causing the delay.
4. I have emailed my processing office and have only received generic automated replies.

TIA
I followed all of above steps other than requesting ATIP notes and was advised to stay patient basically keep waiting. So I don't think we can really do anything.
AOR 27th October; Background check 6th Jan; test completed 2nd March.

Reactions: myra20sharma

saloni2210

Mar 20, 2023
Hi everyone, my husband applied for ATIP notes on 19th June; however we haven't received anything yet. I had thought they email the notes on the 30th day which in this case should have been on 18th July (yesterday). Any thoughts if this is normal?

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I followed all of above steps other than requesting ATIP notes and was advised to stay patient basically keep waiting. So I don't think we can really do anything.
AOR 27th October; Background check 6th Jan; test completed 2nd March.
Thank you! Appreciate your reply. :)

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Hi everyone, my husband applied for ATIP notes on 19th June; however we haven't received anything yet. I had thought they email the notes on the 30th day which in this case should have been on 18th July (yesterday). Any thoughts if this is normal?
Mine were emailed in a week (suprisingly). Nothing is normal with IRCC TBH.

Did you check your spam emails as well?

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019

TIA
I think they are completing LPP in batches like what happened last time where bunch of ppl get their LPP completed at the same time, I am not sure just guessing

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I think they are completing LPP in batches like what happened last time where bunch of ppl get their LPP completed at the same time, I am not sure just guessing
Hmm I hope I make it to the next batch :p

Reactions: Ranash