Sara_3107

Sep 15, 2022
Montréal
App. Filed.......
07-09-2022
AOR Received.
13-09-2022
Question :rolleyes:
My Ceremony is planned for June 16th , and we just booked our flight yesterday for June 30th for 2 weeks vacation until July 15th after I was completely desperate to have any update or news.

NOW the QUESTIONo_O

is there any chance if the ceremony is online June 16th to get the citizenship certificate expedite? How long it takes to get it ( express timing )?

because for passeport you can apply for expedite service ( cost 355$ extra ) to have it in one or two days including if it’s week end or holiday.

I hesitate to postpone my ceremony because they can’t guarantee when they will back to me again :( the next date can be months after !

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
My Ceremony is planned for June 16th , and we just booked our flight yesterday for June 30th for 2 weeks vacation until July 15th after I was completely desperate to have any update or news.

NOW the QUESTIONo_O

is there any chance if the ceremony is online June 16th to get the citizenship certificate expedite? How long it takes to get it ( express timing )?

because for passeport you can apply for expedite service ( cost 355$ extra ) to have it in one or two days including if it’s week end or holiday.

I hesitate to postpone my ceremony because they can’t guarantee when they will back to me again :( the next date can be months after !
I have seen people who did mention in the ceremony that they wanted their certificate expedited and still dint get it in time. Average wait for certificate is 2 weeks.

Reactions: Sara_3107

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016

NOW the QUESTIONo_O

During 1:1 breakout with officer, request for eCert, 99% cases they facilitiate. Then email comes within 24 hrs to download ecert, print and visit pp office on 2nd or 3rd day to apply for pp, depending upon location n package u apply, can literally pick up second half of the day the pp, if u visit early morning, protip: 07:30 am at pp office and out at 09:30am. Take itenary print with u there! Good luck!

Sara_3107

Sep 15, 2022
Montréal
App. Filed.......
07-09-2022
AOR Received.
13-09-2022
I have seen people who did mention in the ceremony that they wanted their certificate expedited and still dint get it in time. Average wait for certificate is 2 weeks.
Yeah 2 weeks average to collect it or to receive it but my traveling date is exactly just two weeks after the ceremony and make things difficult !

Sara_3107

Sep 15, 2022
Montréal
App. Filed.......
07-09-2022
AOR Received.
13-09-2022
During 1:1 breakout with officer, request for eCert, 99% cases they facilitiate. Then email comes within 24 hrs to download ecert, print and visit pp office on 2nd or 3rd day to apply for pp, depending upon location n package u apply, can literally pick up second half of the day the pp, if u visit early morning, protip: 07:30 am at pp office and out at 09:30am. Take itenary print with u there! Good luck!
Wow awesome I never heard about it !

hopefully the officer will facilitate and approve my request .

thanks a lot for sharing this information .

I will back to you later and share my experience if it works .

Reactions: Sandy.gal

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Wow awesome I never heard about it !

hopefully the officer will facilitate and approve my request .

thanks a lot for sharing this information .

I will back to you later and share my experience if it works .
I personally know many people who did the same and succeeded, some others doing as well. This is really happening lately (since post-strike or 2 weeks so). You can request eCert by replying to oath invite email, but requesting during 1:1 breakout session with officer being working well so far, simply ask politely by mentioning urgent confirmed travel plan, good luck!

Sara_3107

Sep 15, 2022
Montréal
App. Filed.......
07-09-2022
AOR Received.
13-09-2022
I personally know many people who did the same and succeeded, some others doing as well. This is really happening lately (since post-strike or 2 weeks so). You can request eCert by replying to oath invite email, but requesting during 1:1 breakout session with officer being working well so far, simply ask politely by mentioning urgent confirmed travel plan, good luck!
@jojee2k6 thank you very much very useful information .
I wasn’t aware at all about this new way of processing.

so if I understood now once I will receive email invite there will be the choice to mention if I would like to go with ecert.
Or just from my own I need to mention it when I reply to the invite email ?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
@jojee2k6 thank you very much very useful information .
I wasn’t aware at all about this new way of processing.

so if I understood now once I will receive email invite there will be the choice to mention if I would like to go with ecert.
Or just from my own I need to mention it when I reply to the invite email ?
Nope - not exactly, so when you receive oath invite email, you won't have any option to choose paper one or eCert. Instead, if you have urgency or travel plan (i.e. valid reason), which you have, so you can either do one of the following two things or both:
  1. You can send a request for eCert by replying to that oath email by attaching itinerary - it is as per discretion of VO to facilitiate ur request (some had success while others not).
  2. During online ceremony, there is 1:1 breakout session with officer, you can request eCert (has been working great for most). Do request again while you email back the signed oath form post-ceremony by attaching itinerary as well. Worth a shot, and I have been observing success rate through my social circle.
Hope all clear, and good luck!

Sara_3107

Sep 15, 2022
Montréal
App. Filed.......
07-09-2022
AOR Received.
13-09-2022
Nope - not exactly, so when you receive oath invite email, you won't have any option to choose paper one or eCert. Instead, if you have urgency or travel plan (i.e. valid reason), which you have, so you can either do one of the following two things or both:
  1. You can send a request for eCert by replying to that oath email by attaching itinerary - it is as per discretion of VO to facilitiate ur request (some had success while others not).
  2. During online ceremony, there is 1:1 breakout session with officer, you can request eCert (has been working great for most). Do request again while you email back the signed oath form post-ceremony by attaching itinerary as well. Worth a shot, and I have been observing success rate through my social circle.
Hope all clear, and good luck!
Yes it’s much clear now
Thank you so much for your advice and sharing insight.

Reactions: jojee2k6

bluediam

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Hi All, I am happy to share that our LPP has been marked completed on June 3rd,2023. Admin please update. My SCR fellows keep an eye on your trackers, update coming very soon for you all too.
hey!!! I have seen you post here so much and also reply to my posts! so happy for you! congrats!

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
hey!!! I have seen you post here so much and also reply to my posts! so happy for you! congrats!
Thank you!! :) I know I might have been one of those who pretty much respond to everything lol and some may think I am too free. But it's been good interacting with all the folks here and doing my bit. I just hope all my SCR peeps get an update very soon too.

Reactions: arash2002

bluediam

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Thank you!! :) I know I might have been one of those who pretty much respond to everything lol and some may think I am too free. But it's been good interacting with all the folks here and doing my bit. I just hope all my SCR peeps get an update very soon too.
I don't think that haha, I know how it is when you are waiting for an application to be processed. I been through it in the past and also going through it currenly

I passed my test mid March so let's see. My AOR is a month or so before you btw haha

• Haha