September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Amarsaix

Sep 2, 2022
Got finger print rcmp request today
Application online 1 person
Submitted:5 th sep2022
Aor: 9th sep 2022
Fingerprint request: 11 jan 2023
Please suggest the good place for fingerprint scan in brampton.

rikta92

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Bosnia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
The same thing happened to me, I'm based in Mississauga
Is this a bad thing?
It says: After reviewing the biographical information on your application form, there are questions in your case with
regard to sections 21 and/or 22 of the Citizenship Act, explained further on the second page of this letter.

I meet the 21/22 sections are I'm not sure what they are saying.
Same here. Is it okay to do fingerprints at local police service or agencies? Anyone has suggestions?

i am asking because i live far away from agency

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
Starting one for September 2022

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1100
Application: Family ( one adult and one child)
Application sent: September 14, 2022
Delivered: September 16, 2022
AOR: Dec 14, 2022
Application filled: Sept 22, 2022
Background check completed : Dec 20, 2022 ( myself, child: pending)
All other parameters ( pending)
Language skills: In progress | Physical presence: In progress | Prohibitions: In progress
Citizenship Test and Citizenship Ceremony : Not started

Admin please update
ECAS in Process : Dec 19, 2022

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Same here. Is it okay to do fingerprints at local police service or agencies? Anyone has suggestions?

i am asking because i live far away from agency
Yes, local police or provincial police (OPP/SQ) or RCMP can help you complete the fingerprinting process... Contact them directly

rikta92

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Bosnia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
Hi, September applicant here. I thought I'd introduce myself.
Filled application Sept 11 - online
No AOR yet but received a request for fingerprints yesterday. Any thoughts on that?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
No AOR yet but received a request for fingerprints yesterday. Any thoughts on that?
AOR is normally the very first step. Did you manage to sign up for the trackers to check if AOR was sent. ECAS tracker will tell you what things they have done so far on your application.

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi folks. May I ask if we get an email notification for test invites?
Yes one is supposed to get email notifications for test invites but there have been cases where test window is updated on tracker but no email was sent.
So keep checking tracker regularly. Also, note:

1) emails are usually sent a couple of days before the test window.
2) without an email also you can take a test by logging in within your test window.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Yes one is supposed to get email notifications for test invites but there have been cases where test window is updated on tracker but no email was sent.
So keep checking tracker regularly. Also, note:

1) emails are usually sent a couple of days before the test window.
2) without an email also you can take a test by logging in within your test window.
Got it. Thank you!

lionca

Sep 17, 2022
You should fill out this so we can add you to the spreadsheet.

Type: Online application/Paper application
Application: Single/Family(number of family members)
Application sent:
Delivered:
AOR:

Seems like 9 of us (following here and the tracker) all got a request to do fingerprints all at the same time.

rikta92

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Bosnia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
AOR is normally the very first step. Did you manage to sign up for the trackers to check if AOR was sent. ECAS tracker will tell you what things they have done so far on your application.
I received an email with my application details right away, but that is not considered AOR. I started my application at my old address and then I moved a,d by the time I filled it and send it I noticed that my old address was in the application even though I put my new address as a current. So I had to change that quickly over that form but I still don't know if they updated that, so they might've send the AOR to my old address( or I will receive it trough the email soon).

But to answer your question, I was able to log in into the tracker and everything shows in progress and just yesterday I noticed this update:

Application history
1 new update(s)

• Jan 10, 2023

Fingerprints required
    Background verification
    We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.
  • Sep 13, 2022

Application filed

Does that look normal?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
I received an email with my application details right away, but that is not considered AOR. I started my application at my old address and then I moved a,d by the time I filled it and send it I noticed that my old address was in the application even though I put my new address as a current. So I had to change that quickly over that form but I still don't know if they updated that, so they might've send the AOR to my old address( or I will receive it trough the email soon).

But to answer your question, I was able to log in into the tracker and everything shows in progress and just yesterday I noticed this update:

Application history
1 new update(s)

• Jan 10, 2023

Fingerprints required
    Background verification
    We sent you a letter or email with instructions to submit your fingerprints.
  • Sep 13, 2022

Application filed

Does that look normal?
AOR is sent to email and not physical address. As you are able to login to tracker and it has moved past AOR now, forget about AOR. I’m assuming you received it but you don’t recognize or recall it since you could login to tracker.
And it is normal.

Reactions: rikta92