+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Oksh1995

Jan 7, 2019
On the AORs, looks like the postal area which falls under the Sydney office, previously had power restoration time of today afternoon and now that’s changed to October 3rd.
We probably won't see updates on our files except at least 2 weeks from now, the aftermath of the hurricane is extreme! It's fine, people used to wait 2-3 months to get AOR. It wasn't until this year that IRCC expedited the AORs.

Reactions: linxord

B. B.

Sep 11, 2018
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1143
Application: Family4)
Application sent: 17th Sep.
Delivered:22nd of Sep 2022
AOR: didnt get it yet

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hello folks, I intend to submit paper application as a family on 3rd Oct. Going thru some comments, seems delay in AORs ane Fiona. Hope you all get AOR soon. Should I mail the application on Oct 3rd or hold my horses?

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hello folks, I intend to submit paper application as a family on 3rd Oct. Going thru some comments, seems delay in AORs ane Fiona. Hope you all get AOR soon. Should I mail the application on Oct 3rd or hold my horses?
Better to send as soon as you are ready because Canada post is delayed as well in delivering the packages. My friend sent her application on Sept 19th and got delivered today.

Reactions: jojee2k6

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Better to send as soon as you are ready because Canada post is delayed as well in delivering the packages. My friend sent her application on Sept 19th and got delivered today.
Sounds good, thanks. Didnt knew abt such significant delay from CP. Only thought I'm contemplating abt is total presence days mine are 1137, spouse and minor (1100.5) on Oct 3rd - hope that should be sufficient buffer, at the same time don't want to wait longer.

MaferEsca

Jun 11, 2022
Hi Guys,
I applied for citizenship more than 2 years ago. Yesterday we received the invitation for the oath Citizenship, but today was received a phone from a random number cancelling our ceremony. When I asked the reasons the guy said that he doesn’t know and I have to call to immigration. We called and they said that they don’t know the reasons and the officer is going to send a message to the other officer who has our file. This is very confusing and frustrating. We don’t know what to do. Even the online system is showing that we are booked for the oath ceremony. Anyone who can give me advice or experiencing the same situation?
please help me!!! We are desperate!!

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Sounds good, thanks. Didnt knew abt such significant delay from CP. Only thought I'm contemplating abt is total presence days mine are 1137, spouse and minor (1100.5) on Oct 3rd - hope that should be sufficient buffer, at the same time don't want to wait longer.
I mean yah by the time it reaches you should have met the minimum days. My friend wanted to have it delivered before long weekend hits as we have 2 in a row one on Sept 30 and then Oct 10th.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi Guys,
I applied for citizenship more than 2 years ago. Yesterday we received the invitation for the oath Citizenship, but today was received a phone from a random number cancelling our ceremony. When I asked the reasons the guy said that he doesn’t know and I have to call to immigration. We called and they said that they don’t know the reasons and the officer is going to send a message to the other officer who has our file. This is very confusing and frustrating. We don’t know what to do. Even the online system is showing that we are booked for the oath ceremony. Anyone who can give me advice or experiencing the same situation?
please help me!!! We are desperate!!
If you still have time between your ceremony then just wait. May be the officer may email about the changes?

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I mean yah by the time it reaches you should have met the minimum days. My friend wanted to have it delivered before long weekend hits as we have 2 in a row one on Sept 30 and then Oct 10th.
So, on oct 3rd (which is also my date of application and mail date) I'm completing 1137 days (enough buffer) and spouse and minor completing 1100.5 (almost a week buffer). Should be OK then as minimum days already been completed with large buffer of myself and almost a week buffer to spouse and minor. I saw some ppl mail next day to 1095 completion. I'll be paying fee online tomorrow as well. Hope all goes well. I'll be printing applications on Oct 3rd to make final set to dispatch same day.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
So, on oct 3rd (which is also my date of application and mail date) I'm completing 1137 days (enough buffer) and spouse and minor completing 1100.5 (almost a week buffer). Should be OK then. I saw some ppl mail next day to 1095 completion. I'll be paying fee online tomorrow as well. Hope all goes well.
Ya that should be fine. By the time they get your application it would have already met the requirement

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Sorry just a note... physical presence should be met the day before application is signed...doesn't matter how long it takes to reach the CIO ..
ie: the number of days it takes for an application to get delivered should never be counted as physical presence for the purposes of that application

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Sorry just a note... physical presence should be met the day before application is signed...doesn't matter how long it takes to reach the CIO ..
ie: the number of days it takes for an application to get delivered should never be counted as physical presence for the purposes of that application
I think it's a future date application.