+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
I’m sorry but I didn’t understand your response, did you get the FBI PCC? If yes, did you send the one you received through post or the one that you downloaded from FBI’s website?
I'm talking abt general PCC unless FBI's a different one, by original means should be the one they sent u by mail. The email one would be printed copy otherwise. This is my understanding!

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
I'm talking abt general PCC unless FBI's a different one, by original means should be the one they sent u by mail. The email one would be printed copy otherwise. This is my understanding!
Actually the FBI too just simply prints the PCC in a simple plain white paper and sends them, that’s the reason of confusion. Moreover, they give you both the options, if you want email or mail or both. I did choose both but in a flow of printing/photocopying other documents, I ended up printing FBI PCC too and sent it

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Actually the FBI too just simply prints the PCC in a simple plain white paper and sends them, that’s the reason of confusion. Moreover, they give you both the options, if you want email or mail or both. I did choose both but in a flow of printing/photocopying other documents, I ended up printing FBI PCC too and sent it
Strange, at least a stamp would suffice, regardless of plain paper, well if pdf print and mail print have no diff then I think you should be fine. Better to validate from someone who also applied for FBI PCC or search threads, surely u won't be the one in such situation, good luck

Reactions: adigautam

nasir_jamshed

Mar 23, 2013
Hi guys, I am going to file the citizenship application online. It seems that the major difference is that paper application asks you to submit every single page of your passport, whereas the online one only asks for the bio page with your personal information. Is that correct? Do we have to send full copies of our passports and other documents physically as it doesn't ask for it when you do the online application? Any other pros and cons of applying paper vs online?

E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hello everyone, NO NEWS about AoRs? - I submitted paper applications [1 adult and 3 minors- separate applications]

Sent on - Sep 23, 2022
Received by IRCC- Sep 26, 2022
AOR - not yet

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Hello everyone, NO NEWS about AoRs? - I submitted paper applications [1 adult and 3 minors- separate applications]

Sent on - Sep 23, 2022
Received by IRCC- Sep 26, 2022
AOR - not yet
I'm so sorry but the more I spend tme on this forum the more I read about people trying to speed things up for themselves and, in doing so, just complicate the process and make things worse...
I completely appreciate you want to get things done quickly...we all do....but if you are not a citizen and you wife obviously is not a citizen then applying separately for minors under subsection 5(2) will not work....one of the parents must already be a citizen or will become a citizen at the same time (ie: simultaneous application)...so I am suspecting the children's applications will be returned with a letter form ircc asking for proof of parents Canadian citizenship...unless I'm misunderstanding Ur situation

I hope I'm wrong but there's plenty of examples on this forum describing the same situation...

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Someone else was asking about "government" IDs to submit with the application..and it was suggested that only "Federal" government IDs will work (or something of the sort) ...federal ID? So apart from the federally issued PR card (and the Indian Status card which is not relevant to this discussion) what other federal ID can someone present? A Canadian passport probably , but then for someone still applying for Canadian citizenship that's impossible.

So very simply..Canadian government issued ID will mean provincial government issued ID ..which is driver license...health card...(as opposed to showing them your gym membership card or your Tim's points card)...it's very simple and there really is no need to overcomplicate things...

E-A-M-E-A-M-E-A-M

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
I'm so sorry but the more I spend tme on this forum the more I read about people trying to speed things up for themselves and, in doing so, just complicate the process and make things worse...
I completely appreciate you want to get things done quickly...we all do....but if you are not a citizen and you wife obviously is not a citizen then applying separately for minors under subsection 5(2) will not work....one of the parents must already be a citizen or will become a citizen at the same time (ie: simultaneous application)...so I am suspecting the children's applications will be returned with a letter form ircc asking for proof of parents Canadian citizenship...unless I'm misunderstanding Ur situation

I hope I'm wrong but there's plenty of examples on this forum describing the same situation...
Thanks. This is very informative. Yes [you are right] the father applied with the minors at the same time.

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Someone else was asking about "government" IDs to submit with the application..and it was suggested that only "Federal" government IDs will work (or something of the sort) ...federal ID? So apart from the federally issued PR card (and the Indian Status card which is not relevant to this discussion) what other federal ID can someone present? A Canadian passport probably , but then for someone still applying for Canadian citizenship that's impossible.

So very simply..Canadian government issued ID will mean provincial government issued ID ..which is driver license...health card...(as opposed to showing them your gym membership card or your Tim's points card)...it's very simple and there really is no need to overcomplicate things...
Thank you for your post, by the way, that “someone” is me. Though I know asking questions may or may not yield with exact answer one is looking for. The best way to put oneself at peace is to wait till the person receives the AOR or unfortunately the application returned.

I’m just looking for someone who was in my position yet received the AOR, this will give me some hope & peace of my mind for next few days.

Reactions: SK79

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Thank you for your post, by the way, that “someone” is me. Though I know asking questions may or may not yield with exact answer one is looking for. The best way to put oneself at peace is to wait till the person receives the AOR or unfortunately the application returned.

I’m just looking for someone who was in my position yet received the AOR, this will give me some hope & peace of my mind for next few days.
sept 06 applicant no AOR.

sarwarhasnat

Sep 16, 2022
Hello everyone.

I have a question with regards to my online application. I'm hoping someone can help.

I am unclear on the photo specs for the digital photo. I understand printed photo must be 50*70 mm with size of 420 x 540 pixels.

Is it the same for digital photo or it's 35*45 mm with the same size? Also, a payment receipt from the photographer is enough?

Thanks in advance.
Hey
Hi guys, I am going to file the citizenship application online. It seems that the major difference is that paper application asks you to submit every single page of your passport, whereas the online one only asks for the bio page with your personal information. Is that correct? Do we have to send full copies of our passports and other documents physically as it doesn't ask for it when you do the online application? Any other pros and cons of applying paper vs online?
I struggled with the same issue and asked that in this thread. Though no where in the online application does it specifically ask you to provide all pages of passport, however based on the suggestion of this group I just scanned and uploaded my passports in the last optional documents section. It was a bit of hassle, however since the optional documents section allows you to add up to 4 documents, each limited to 4MB, hence I just did it. Took a trip to Staples and color scanned the passports at a reasonable cost. In case you have any passport stamps in non English or French, make sure to get a notarized translation done as well and upload that (stamps with dual language of which one language is either English or French do not need translation)

sarwarhasnat

Sep 16, 2022
Hello everyone.

I have a question with regards to my online application. I'm hoping someone can help.

I am unclear on the photo specs for the digital photo. I understand printed photo must be 50*70 mm with size of 420 x 540 pixels.

Is it the same for digital photo or it's 35*45 mm with the same size? Also, a payment receipt from the photographer is enough?

Thanks in advance.
Go to a Citizenship photographer. You'll find them a lot in the form of UPS shops or corner groceries. They have the software to trim your photos to the exact specification

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019

These questions should have been asked before sending the application.

Anyway, best you can do is to wait. As @medwiz says, there is absolutely no need to overcomplicate things. Passport bio pages, PR card, driving license, health card, provincial ID all will work.

Reactions: adigautam