+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi Group., I have question what all documents have you uploaded in OCI application before final submit.
Hey, I think I responded you but in case I missed out, you need to have the following as self attested copy as well original of it when going for the appt.

1. Application form. Make sure your signature matches with what you did on Canadian passport. Do not paste the photos on the form, let them do it for you.

2. Your Canadian passport and if applicable your spouse Canadian passport as well

3. Address proof- best is to attach driver license

4. Marriage certificate if applicable.

5. Proof of Indian origin- your cancelled Indian passport. Make sure you print the section where they stamped cancelled.
6. Surrender certificate in original.
7. Indian passport
8. Job letter
9.Canadian citizenship certificate

all above documents in original and self attested photocopies. Good luck with finding parking at there new location lol. Worst place they could have choosen to move to. I have to repeat the whole cycle again to apply for my newborn OcI

Last edited:

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi, long time been active on this group. I hope you all from this group who have been waiting on oaths got the invite and done with this process.

I have a quick question to ask regarding Child's passport application. I am in the process of applying for my newborn passport and wanted to ask if my husband become her applicant then can I be her guarantor?
Congratulations to you on the birth of your little one :)

• Love
Reactions: Sandy.gal

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi, quick question regarding minor passport. Do we have to take the child with us to the passport office? For OCI, I know we are not required to bring the child but not sure if same is for Service Canada.

coolak2007

Star Member
May 22, 2021
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
04-12-2020
AOR Received.
15-09-2020
Hi all! Does anyone know at what time in the early AM the line starts at BLS Brampton or Toronto or Mississauga for Walk-in?
I see stories from other forum about folks lining up at 4 AM or so previously.
Just wanted to see best time for doing a Walk-in, to get a token number/appointment that day, and see anyone experienced the same recently on weekday Vs weekend - any difference
Thanks

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi all! Does anyone know at what time in the early AM the line starts at BLS Brampton or Toronto or Mississauga for Walk-in?
I see stories from other forum about folks lining up at 4 AM or so previously.
Just wanted to see best time for doing a Walk-in, to get a token number/appointment that day, and see anyone experienced the same recently on weekday Vs weekend - any difference
Thanks
More Appointment slots were opened up for Feb and March a day back. I would not recommend you doing walk in as it is purely a waste of time. You may go there at 4 in the morning but you'll still see 8-9 people lined up ahead of you. If you are in the first 5 people of that line then the hope of you getting inside is still high and for that too you will have to wait atleast 2-3 hours. I saw one time someone was 1st in that walk in line and was waiting since 4am. They were taken inside around 10am. Another problem with walk in is if your application have any mistake, they will send you back and ask to come back. BLS does not take correction the same day. So your whole waiting in the line will be of no use.

I would suggest keep checking the website everyday day and specially night to see if more slots have been opened up and go by appointment. Walk in is a total waste of day and time.

Feb 23, 2024
Hi , As i got the fingerprint request recently , i am going towards RCMP accredited service providers to get it done this weekend probably .

Just wanted to process which is bit confusing - I go to the service provider , what in steps happens ? Here is the reference

What happens next:
 The agency sends the fingerprint form directly to the RCMP and advises the appropriate
citizenship office that the fingerprints have been forwarded.
 Once your fingerprints are received by the RCMP, the results are sent to the citizenship office
and processing of your application continues.
 Once your file has been finalized, no copy of your fingerprints is retained by either the
RCMP or Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Further it quotes

IMPORTANT:

For the fingerprint result to be sent to our office (IRCC), you
must authorize IRCC to receive said documents. Clearly state
to the fingerprinting agency that all original fingerprint
results must be sent to the following address:

Citizenship Program (Grants)
Case Processing Centre Sydney

P.O. Box12000
Sydney, NS
B1P 7C2

IMPORTANT – Please advise the RCMP or fingerprinting
agency that the “Contributor Individual Reference Number”
is required. This is your Citizenship application number

(beginning with “C”).

Question - Will the agency while sending the electronic fingerprints will also inform RCMP - that once RCMP provide results post scanning , RCMP should send this to above mentioned address along with Citizenship APP # reference ? if yes how they would do that to RCMP ?
Also how do I authorize results IRCC to receive said documents ?

Bit confusing to me , Hope someone clarifies ?

'
Hi Gurindar,

Just curious, how did you authorize IRCC to receive said documents?
Thank you for helping.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Good Morning Folks!

Note sure if people still come here.

But I finally got my new Oath invite this month and my Zoom oath is tomorrow (Feb 29th- leap day ;) ).

I was just curious on how to put seat numbers in Zoom meeting name for me and my spouse both??

E.g if say my seat number is 1 and my spouse is 2, which is the right format (if there is one)

1. 001 and 002
2. 1 & 2
3. any other?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Good Morning Folks!

But I finally got my new Oath invite this month and my Zoom oath is tomorrow (Feb 29th- leap day ;) ).

I was just curious on how to put seat numbers in Zoom meeting name for me and my spouse both??

E.g if say my seat number is 1 and my spouse is 2, which is the right format (if there is one)

1. 001 and 002
2. 1 & 2
3. any other?
Atlast :) Congrats.

1, 2 worked for us. The oath officer renames it, if they not happy with the format used.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Good Morning Folks!

1. 001 and 002
2. 1 & 2
3. any other?
Finally you got it. Congratulations!!

• Love
Reactions: myra20sharma

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Good Morning Folks!

1. 001 and 002
2. 1 & 2
3. any other?
I hope everything went smoothly
That’s really long time