+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

rsid

Dec 20, 2017
Vancouver
Visa Office......
IRCC Vancouver
I don't have issues logging in . Everything that was completed went back to in progress .even the citizenship test which I did . I called first one said its a glitch, second one said its temporary. I'm freaking out
I'M IN THE SAME BOAT BACKGROUND CHECK WENT BACK TO IN PROGRESS FROM COMPLETED.

Nov 24, 2023 Activity status updated: Background verification New update
Background verification
Background verification status has been updated to In progress

Dec 6, 2022 Activity status updated: Background verification New update
Background verification
Background verification status has been updated to Completed

maoyutou

Dec 6, 2020
I'M IN THE SAME BOAT BACKGROUND CHECK WENT BACK TO IN PROGRESS FROM COMPLETED.

Nov 24, 2023 Activity status updated: Background verification New update
Background verification
Background verification status has been updated to In progress

Dec 6, 2022 Activity status updated: Background verification New update
Background verification
Background verification status has been updated to Completed
Background verification is valid for one year, it will go back to in progress if the application is not completed when it expires.

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
How long after background verification is completed? Citizenship test already done.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
How long after background verification is completed? Citizenship test already done.
If you are referring to LPP (Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions). It can take anywhere from a few days to 9 months, but if you have already waited so long it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks.

Reactions: Omidahomie

rsid

Dec 20, 2017
Vancouver
Visa Office......
IRCC Vancouver
Attend the interview
Waiting on you
We’ve scheduled you for an interview with our official on December 22, 2023.
Follow the instructions that will be sent to you for information on:
  • how to attend the interview
  • what documents you have to present
The notice you’ll receive is the official confirmation of the appointment. If you haven’t received the notice by the date of the scheduled appointment, contact us

Update: Got this email on NOV 30th 2023.

Reactions: Omidahomie

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
If you are referring to LPP (Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions). It can take anywhere from a few days to 9 months, but if you have already waited so long it shouldn't take more than a couple of weeks.
So after my background section was complete for me and wife , on November 22, the LPP remains pending. I was hoping for it to be done by above timeline but I am now one month after background check with no further movement. What do you guys think? Citizenship test done for me and spouse in March and June 2023 respectively.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
So after my background section was complete for me and wife , on November 22, the LPP remains pending. I was hoping for it to be done by above timeline but I am now one month after background check with no further movement. What do you guys think? Citizenship test done for me and spouse in March and June 2023 respectively.
In our case, we ordered notes from below, I chose the ATIP($5) option and our LPP completed before we got our notes
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do
It's up to you, if you opt for ATIP or Privacy(which is free)

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8

Omidahomie

Aug 23, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
September 4th, 2016
Nomination.....
CRS of 496
AOR Received.
22-03-2017
IELTS Request
Overall score of 8
Still waiting on LPP. Background section and citizenship test done.

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Hi, long time been active on this group. I hope you all from this group who have been waiting on oaths got the invite and done with this process.

I have a quick question to ask regarding Child's passport application. I am in the process of applying for my newborn passport and wanted to ask if my husband become her applicant then can I be her guarantor?

bzbee

Star Member
May 24, 2023
Hi, long time been active on this group. I hope you all from this group who have been waiting on oaths got the invite and done with this process.

I have a quick question to ask regarding Child's passport application. I am in the process of applying for my newborn passport and wanted to ask if my husband become her applicant then can I be her guarantor?
The guarantor is for the applicant not the child. Yes, one parent can be the applicant and the other parent is the guarantor for the applicant not the child. So in this case you would write how many years you have known your husband.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html#guarantors

Reactions: Sandy.gal