+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

isitmeyourelookingfor

Oct 7, 2022
Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1303
Application: Single
Application sent: 22 Sept 2022
AOR: I got an email on Oct 7th 2022, with a PDF Letter. The subject in the letter was: APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP. It has an Application number on the top right. Not sure if this is the AOR or not? Can someone please let me know, thanks :)...
I tried registering on the status tracker page (with UCI and the Application number) but I keep getting an error saying 'Incorrect UCI or Application Number', so was not sure what I am doing wrong?
Also, do we get a verification code 'after' we successfully enter the UCI and Application number and click on 'Next Step' in the registration page?
Thanks!

Reactions: sdinkar08

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Physical Presence Days: 1303
Application sent: 22 Sept 2022
AOR: I got an email on Oct 7th 2022, with a PDF Letter. The subject in the letter was: APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP. It has an Application number on the top right. Not sure if this is the AOR or not? Can someone please let me know, thanks :)...
I tried registering on the status tracker page (with UCI and the Application number) but I keep getting an error saying 'Incorrect UCI or Application Number', so was not sure what I am doing wrong?
Also, do we get a verification code 'after' we successfully enter the UCI and Application number and click on 'Next Step' in the registration page?
Thanks!
Yes, that is your AOR. You might need to wait 48-72h for registering on the online tracker...

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi, question in general....
I am wondering if anyone can get their test invites, oaths & FP requests during winter holiday seasons, that is, during December and January?
I have read some threads where I never saw people getting test invites, oaths & FP request during these 2 months probably due to holiday season. However many got their AoRs during this 2 month period tho. Is it correct that there will be no test invites, FP request n oaths during these 2 months?
i guess there must be different departments handling these activities within CIC, so maybe those responsible for reviewing applications and issuing AORs do it/continue to do it fast (desk job, minimal dependence on any other "pre-step" being completed), whereas stuff like FP request, tests, etc. needs coordination with or has dependence on other departments, so maybe that slows down....

Last edited:
Reactions: mtlcanada

Ranash

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hi, question in general....
I am wondering if anyone can get their test invites, oaths & FP requests during winter holiday seasons, that is, during December and January?
I have read some threads where I never saw people getting test invites, oaths & FP request during these 2 months probably due to holiday season. However many got their AoRs during this 2 month period tho. Is it correct that there will be no test invites, FP request n oaths during these 2 months?
Based on tracker data last year, there was invitations/interviews within Dec & Jan, But I assume mid Dec until first week of Jan will be no processing

Reactions: mtlcanada

sdinkar08

Sep 18, 2022
Hello! :) Posting my timeline below. Please add to the tracker as well - thank you!

Physical Presence Days: 1,121
Application sent: Sep 18, 2022
AOR: Received AOR email Oct 7th around 11 am with PDF attached. Waiting to register for the status tracker.

Trump sucks. Period.

Star Member
Oct 5, 2022
Hi, does anyone know if correspondence (AOR, requests for further information/documents, test invite etc.) for online applications all happens by email and the CIC website, or there's some need to be able to check for mail at a physical address in Canada?

I remember seeing on some IRCC website documentation that you need to either keep a postal address in Canada or have a representative do so.. I may leave the country for a month or two and don't want to miss anything, not sure whether I'll maintain my address while I'm away.

xuan

Star Member
Nov 27, 2018
Well i am checking my ECAS, the home adress is correct, but the mailing address is a SUPER old adress in another country .. this adress no longer exist and has already been destroyed by a bulldozer lol hopefully they won't mail anything there.

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Hi, does anyone know if correspondence (AOR, requests for further information/documents, test invite etc.) for online applications all happens by email and the CIC website, or there's some need to be able to check for mail at a physical address in Canada?

I remember seeing on some IRCC website documentation that you need to either keep a postal address in Canada or have a representative do so.. I may leave the country for a month or two and don't want to miss anything, not sure whether I'll maintain my address while I'm away.
If you've provided an email address that's how they will correspond with you

Gurindar

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
03-12-2014
**Update : AOR Received for Both Applicants within family**

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1778
Application: Family ( Me and Spouse)
Application sent: Sep 09, 2022
Delivered: Sep 14, 2022
AOR: October 07, 2022

Reactions: SK79 and medwiz

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
**Update : AOR Received for Both Applicants within family**

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1778
Application: Family ( Me and Spouse)
Application sent: Sep 09, 2022
Delivered: Sep 14, 2022
AOR: October 07, 2022
Congratulations!! May I know what time you got your AOR?

Reactions: SK79

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
Guys I got AOR for me and my spouse on October 8th at 10:05pm on a Saturday. Please update the spreadsheet. What I have noticed is that the AORs are coming through an automated system because I was least expecting it to come on a Saturday at this time. System is slowly sending AORs in batches. So hang in tight there, you should get it soon. Also a question, they dint include my unit number in the home address on the letter. Does it matter?

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Guys I got AOR for me and my spouse on October 8th at 10:05pm on a Saturday. Please update the spreadsheet. What I have noticed is that the AORs are coming through an automated system because I was least expecting it to come on a Saturday at this time. System is slowly sending AORs in batches. So hang in tight there, you should get it soon. Also a question, they dint include my unit number in the home address on the letter. Does it matter?
Congratulations! Our house has a unit number and street number in the address and both were included in the letter...
So I would say yes eventually it would matter when they send the certificate...I think you need to update the address