+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi Guys,

My spouse & I have been preparing for the test for past 1+ week, read the official guide and even practiced all the sample test. In the test, on an average we always score 85%+ but somehow we are still feeling nervous :)

Can someone who already gave the test confirm if the questions will be more or less same as we have been practicing? We are really really bad in the historic dates & the names of so many "Sir".
i was scoring 85% in practice, and the same in the actual test. yes several questions overlap (but some are new too) and some questinos come in a different language/structure or answer options. but since we have practiced it so many times, we are logically able to find the answer/linkages. relax......

PS - i didn't read the book.

Reactions: adigautam

Nuug33

Mar 19, 2020
Good day!
Any one has taken the citizenship oath recently,please share your experience.
I've applied citizenship application with my child. My application is now DM waiting the ceremony oath
Is it compulsory my child has to attend the ceremony oath or its enough for me.
Please share your experience .
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdharan21

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Good day!
Any one has taken the citizenship oath recently,please share your experience.
I've applied citizenship application with my child. My application is now DM waiting the ceremony oath
Is it compulsory my child has to attend the ceremony oath or its enough for me.
Please share your experience .
Thank you.
hey, congrats!
it is optional for children under 14 to attend - both in person / virtual ceremonies.
if you happen to be invited for in-person, you may choose to take your child for the big day but you'll need someone else to handle the child. i saw that even when two kids were quiet, the judge proactively asked those (non applicants) taking care of them, to take them out!!

Reactions: Nuug33

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
i was scoring 85% in practice, and the same in the actual test. yes several questions overlap (but some are new too) and some questinos come in a different language/structure or answer options. but since we have practiced it so many times, we are logically able to find the answer/linkages. relax......

PS - i didn't read the book.
Gives me some confidence. I have read the book, done some chapter by chapter questions. Reviewing some notes and will continue with practice tests later again. Scoring 17-19 usually per test right now. Although some names really confuse me. I'll revise the parts that I'm weak in. a 16 in one of the tests scared me a bit but it will improve as it goes I assume.

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Just now gave the test, got 20 out of 20, thanks to everyone for boosting my confidence. As everyone said, getting the photo taken for the ID was actually the tough part.

I’m now concerned about a different thing, I have a habit of reading the question while selecting the correct answer, subconsciously I ended up doing this. Realised the mistake later and stopped doing it but I think I might have done this for atleast first 4-5 questions.

As the video was getting recorded, will this be seen as cheating while IRCC reviews my test result?

Nuug33

Mar 19, 2020
Just now gave the test, got 20 out of 20, thanks to everyone for boosting my confidence. As everyone said, getting the photo taken for the ID was actually the tough part.

I’m now concerned about a different thing, I have a habit of reading the question while selecting the correct answer, subconsciously I ended up doing this. Realised the mistake later and stopped doing it but I think I might have done this for atleast first 4-5 questions.

As the video was getting recorded, will this be seen as cheating while IRCC reviews my test result?
Congratulations, I did the same and nothing to worry.

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Congratulations, I did the same and nothing to worry.
Thank you! Feeling a lot better now, by the way, your test is marked completed in the tracker?

linxord

Apr 10, 2013

I believe there is no video (from what I have read about the test), only periodic images being taken. I was just thinking about the same myself as I like to read the question to myself.

Wonderer.Canada

Sep 10, 2020
Guys, Just a quick question,

Do we need to schedule a test somewhere for a particular time or just have to click on the link provided in the test invite and start it at any time you want?

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
Guys, Just a quick question,

Do we need to schedule a test somewhere for a particular time or just have to click on the link provided in the test invite and start it at any time you want?
You can click on the link anytime 24x7 during the given test window of 21 days

adigautam

Jan 3, 2016
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-12-2015
Doc's Request.
28-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-05-2017
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
IELTS Request
Awaiting
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Med's Done....
Awaiting
Interview........
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
LANDED..........
Awaiting
@admin - Test passed for both me & my spouse, please update the sheet

Guys - Another concern my spouse out of nervousness forgot to close the tabs open which came before the test link and also the email where we needed the UCI number. She never switched the tab the whole time she took the test. Anyone with a similar experience and got the test marked completed?