+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

sarwarhasnat

Sep 16, 2022
Need some help on understanding timeline. Please assist. My tracker says Background and all other items "In Progress". Same with my wife, except her Background is "Complete". Today I got a letter for providing Fingerprinting. Is there any likelihood that Test date may come within a month?. We are traveling in mid of Feb for 3 weeks so we were hoping that the test date doesn't fall within our travel period. Does IRCC give options for selecting test dates? If so, what time range if offered between which we have to take the test? Or is it a fixed test date that they randomly select for you and require you to attempt on that very day?

Ziko1505

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
uae
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
july 18,2018
AOR Received.
november 9,2018
File Transfer...
december 23,2018
Med's Request
november 11,2018
Med's Done....
november 16,2018
Gave my test on the 17th but no updates on tracker yet. Vancouver office
Yea was told on the forum that Vancouver office takes more time to update cases. Fingers crossed

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Need some help on understanding timeline. Please assist. My tracker says Background and all other items "In Progress". Same with my wife, except her Background is "Complete". Today I got a letter for providing Fingerprinting. Is there any likelihood that Test date may come within a month?. We are traveling in mid of Feb for 3 weeks so we were hoping that the test date doesn't fall within our travel period. Does IRCC give options for selecting test dates? If so, what time range if offered between which we have to take the test? Or is it a fixed test date that they randomly select for you and require you to attempt on that very day?
No option to select the test dates from IRCC. They give you a window of 21 days within which you can take the test anytime you want. You even have the option to take the test from outside Canada too. You have to reply to the test email whenever you get one.

Reactions: sarwarhasnat

ShopramperX

Oct 21, 2022
hey
so i got test invite on jan 12 and just did it few mins ago. i got 18 out of 20 so i passed
i got fingerprint request jan 18 and got it done today.
just waiting for both to be updated on tracker.
p.s how long did it take for fingerprint to be updated on tracker?
and how long did it take for test complete to be updated on tracker?
p.s i'm in the montreal

Trump sucks. Period.

Star Member
Oct 5, 2022
hey
so i got test invite on jan 12 and just did it few mins ago. i got 18 out of 20 so i passed
i got fingerprint request jan 18 and got it done today.
just waiting for both to be updated on tracker.
p.s how long did it take for fingerprint to be updated on tracker?
and how long did it take for test complete to be updated on tracker?
p.s i'm in the montreal
Interesting, I just noticed that too, a couple of people got test invite before fingerprints/BG? Didn't know that ordering was possible..

Reactions: ShopramperX

Trump sucks. Period.

Star Member
Oct 5, 2022
Folks who got FP request, how much was your process delayed in total?
Looking at some of the previous months in the spreadsheet, it doesn't seem like too much, a couple of weeks overall depending on how fast you get the fingerprints to them. e.g. in the July and August tabs, people who got an FP request end up getting the BG complete within a day or two of "FP received" and the test invite shortly after that.

It seems you can even get the test invite while the FP/BG stuff is pending, so I'm taking this as a kick in the ass to start studying..

sdharan21

Star Member
Aug 14, 2022
Good Morning

Checked both the ECAS and Tracker this morning and nothing has changed on my tracker but on my ECAS it says Decision Made!
Clicking on that did not say what decision. What does that mean??
Other parameters on the tracker says in progress except BC and Citizenship Test which has been marked complete.

@2017CanadaHo! has yours changed too? As we kinda of have the same timeline and same Local office.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Good Morning

Checked both the ECAS and Tracker this morning and nothing has changed on my tracker but on my ECAS it says Decision Made!
Clicking on that did not say what decision. What does that mean??
Other parameters on the tracker says in progress except BC and Citizenship Test which has been marked complete.

@2017CanadaHo! has yours changed too? As we kinda of have the same timeline and same Local office.
what tf dude, each time you find some progress, you ask me, and i see the same too!!

yeah, my ECAS says DECISION MADE. don't quite know what decision! :D

tracker has same visual as yours.

now what next??

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
So I gave my test today. 20/20. Guys don't overstress your brain cells. And just a FYI more then the stress of the test, it's actually the pre steps of taking photos. Damn struggling.
congrats!!

and you said you just want passing marks?! it is brainy students like you who make average students feel like you're one of us and then we get Cs while you get an A++! :D

Reactions: Sandy.gal

Sandy.gal

Champion Member
Sep 15, 2022
Category........
Other
congrats!!

and you said you just want passing marks?! it is brainy students like you who make average students feel like you're one of us and then we get Cs while you get an A++! :D
Lol lol. I am shocked as well. I was so frustrated that I ended up giving it today. And I see yours got updated to decision made. Congratulations!!

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!