+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 - Citizenship Applicants

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey everyone,
I know this may not be the right thread but I don’t know where else to ask. Feel free to direct me to the right one if this is irrelevant to everyone. In the meantime here’s my question:
I reach the 1095 day target on Dec 19th, 2022, and was wondering if I should apply on Dec 20th or wait until January? Waiting till January will give me a time buffer on top of the 1095 target and also, I won’t be apply during the holiday season (application might potentially land at the bottom of the stack once everyone is back to work in January). On the other hand, applying in December could give me a head start. Any recommendation would very highly appreciated. Thanks!!
Keep some buffer. Don't go for perfect no.

Reactions: ines.mech

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Hey everyone,
I know this may not be the right thread but I don’t know where else to ask. Feel free to direct me to the right one if this is irrelevant to everyone. In the meantime here’s my question:
I reach the 1095 day target on Dec 19th, 2022, and was wondering if I should apply on Dec 20th or wait until January? Waiting till January will give me a time buffer on top of the 1095 target and also, I won’t be apply during the holiday season (application might potentially land at the bottom of the stack once everyone is back to work in January). On the other hand, applying in December could give me a head start. Any recommendation would very highly appreciated. Thanks!!
It's always good to have that buffer, if it was me I'd apply once you have that. It also depends on travel history, double checking everything. I don't really know where the stack starts but applying any time should be ok once you have a complete application and have your buffer as well.

Reactions: ines.mech

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi everyone.
I am preparing my citizenship application. I have issue with my jobs .
I have a job from 2020-4 to present.
I have a self employed job from 2019 to present.
I had a part time job from 2020- 5 to 2021- 3
I had another part time job from 2021-1 to 2022-1
and also I drive for uber from last 2020- 5 to present.
and a few months in 2019 for skip the dishes and few months unemployed in 2019.

How should I put these jobs with correct priority?
Thanks for your help.
You should stick to what is simplest in a chronological order, easiest to understand and verify if needed, and didn't leave time gaps. Also keep in mind the angle that if CIC tries verifying your claims with your tax returns, both speak the same language

Reactions: SK79 and linxord

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
Hi everyone.
I am preparing my citizenship application. I have issue with my jobs .
I have a job from 2020-4 to present.
I have a self employed job from 2019 to present.
I had a part time job from 2020- 5 to 2021- 3
I had another part time job from 2021-1 to 2022-1
and also I drive for uber from last 2020- 5 to present.
and a few months in 2019 for skip the dishes and few months unemployed in 2019.

How should I put these jobs with correct priority?
Thanks for your help.
As long as you account for all the time period through your eligibility period without gaps, you should be good. Put them as they are, double check your dates etc.

Reactions: SK79

SK79

Star Member
Aug 28, 2022
You should stick to what is simplest in a chronological order, easiest to understand and verify if needed, and didn't leave time gaps. Also keep in mind the angle that if CIC tries verifying your claims with your tax returns, both speak the same language
Thank you so much . Can I write my full time jobs in first rows without gap.
and write casual jobs after ?It doesn't make problem because of part time jobs are newer but written in the bottom rows?

SK79

Star Member
Aug 28, 2022
As long as you account for all the time period through your eligibility period without gaps, you should be good. Put them as they are, double check your dates etc.
Thanks. Just I am worry it is confusing for officer and not simply understanding.
If I write like this is it good in your idea?

1.self employed,Food delivery 2022-1 to 2022-5

2. Production technician 2020-1 to present

3.self employed crypto trading 2021-1 to 2021-12

4.Uber driving 2019-9 to present

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Thanks. Just I am worry it is confusing for officer and not simply understanding.
If I write like this is it good in your idea?

1.self employed,Food delivery 2022-1 to 2022-5

2. Production technician 2020-1 to present

3.self employed crypto trading 2021-1 to 2021-12

4.Uber driving 2019-9 to present
i don't think the application (if you're filling online, or the pdf on computer) allows two activities for one time period. i encountered this problem for my address history. not sure if the same validation happens for activities too. also, try it on a sample first, i somehow remember the application rearranging stuff in a chronological order (i think this happened with my entries/exits).

Reactions: SK79

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
Hi everyone, I am preparing to apply for my citizenship. Could someone please let me know the fastest track? Is it paper based or online?

medwiz

May 25, 2014
Hi everyone, I am preparing to apply for my citizenship. Could someone please let me know the fastest track? Is it paper based or online?
Consensus seems to be paper.. although the September 2022 online applicants have been receiving quick AORs..not sure if this is an indication of things picking up for online submissions

Reactions: SAKARUN

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
@2017CanadaHo! any news on AOR. I have checked my email a thousand times since this morning I think lol.
seems a few people are left from our delivered date. of course stats and numbers are all arbitrary and IRCC is all magic.

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
@2017CanadaHo! any news on AOR. I have checked my email a thousand times since this morning I think lol.
seems a few people are left from our delivered date. of course stats and numbers are all arbitrary and IRCC is all magic.
nope, there's been silence in this group and in my mailbox too! all deliveries of 6th got the AORs yesterday except your and @xuan !! as for me, i'm unneccessarily getting excited as mine was delivered on 8th, so another couple of days to go. of course, as you said, all this is data / speculation, and IRCC has its own mysterious ways. whether we get AOR today or later this week, what is more important is that WE GET THE AOR! cos that makes us sit easy as whatever we had to do, we did, and it was accepted.

Reactions: linxord

linxord

Apr 10, 2013
nope, there's been silence in this group and in my mailbox too! all deliveries of 6th got the AORs yesterday except your and @xuan !! as for me, i'm unneccessarily getting excited as mine was delivered on 8th, so another couple of days to go. of course, as you said, all this is data / speculation, and IRCC has its own mysterious ways. whether we get AOR today or later this week, what is more important is that WE GET THE AOR! cos that makes us sit easy as whatever we had to do, we did, and it was accepted.
It makes me paranoid for sure, maybe they are going to ask something very obvious that I already included. Things of that nature. I hope we get it soon so that could be put to rest. Then we worry about processing times LOL.

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hey everyone,
Buffer up and apply in January to be safer.

juni999

Jun 21, 2018
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1,144
Application: Family(2 Adults , 2 kids)
Application sent: 31 August
Delivered: 2 Sep
AOR: 14 Sep

Reactions: Walesby