+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
Maybe you can submit a technical problem request in the webform.
I found out why it was not finding my application. I have linked my application now to both sponsor and PA ircc accounts. I will post the fix here. It may help others with linking their applications to their IRCC accounts :)

Last edited:

mahbubeh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2010
I am posting this here for those who may have the same issue as me and could not link their application to their IRCC secure account:

First to give credit >> I found the fix from this YouTube video (min 15 and after).
This gentleman (Suyash) has many YouTube videos on spousal sponsorship application and in more than one occasion his videos were helpful for me. So I recommend his videos to anyone who is going through the process of spousal sponsorship.

Now about my application,

Problem >> I received my AOR so I had a file number and I have created accounts on ircc, for both PA and sponsor but I could not link the application to either of accounts because the search could not find the application. I was entering all the information (file number, names and dates) correctly.

Fix >> In the last box, where it asks for “number of family members, ncluding the primary applicant, that are part of this application” , I was entering 1 because sponsor is only sponsoring spouse (PA) with no dependent. For the search to find the application, I had to enter 2 (which is not the correct answer to the question asked”. After entering 2 instead on 1, it worked and found the application an I could link it. Now both sponsor and PA accounts are linked to the application.

Note 1: when linking the application to sponsor’s account you should enter PA‘s information (last name, pass number, etc) not the sponsor information.

Note 2: combination of application number and last name (of PA as entered in 0008 form) works the best.

I hope this helps those who have the same issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: a380vs787

Reetu B

Mar 22, 2022
I am posting this here for those who may have the same issue as me and could not link their application to their IRCC secure account:

First to give credit >> I found the fix from this YouTube video (min 15 and after).
This gentleman (Suyash) has many YouTube videos on spousal sponsorship application and in more than one occasion his videos were helpful for me. So I recommend his videos to anyone who is going through the process of spousal sponsorship.

Now about my application,

Problem >> I have received my AOR so I have a file number and I have created accounts on ircc, for both PA and sponsor but could not link the application to either of them because the search could not find the application. I was entering all the information (file number, names and dates) correctly.

Fix >> In the last box, where it asks for “number of family members, ncluding the primary applicant, that are part of this application” , I was entering 1 because sponsor is only sponsoring spouse (PA) with no dependent. For the search to find the application, I had to enter 2 (which is not the correct answer to the question asked”. After entering 2 instead on 1, it worked and found the application an I could link it. Now both sponsor and PA accounts are linked to the application.

Note 1: when linking the application to sponsor’s account you should enter PA‘s information (last name, pass number, etc) not the sponsor information.

Note 2: combination of application number and last name (of PA as entered in 0008 form) works the best.

I hope this helps those who had the same issue.
Even i see his videos very helpful
He also applied for his wife in sept 2021 she got her ppr in april now she is in canada
Hope everybody gets quick like this people

Reactions: mahbubeh

Jody123

Jun 6, 2022
Hello,

We submitted August 2021 and our application was received by IRCC on September 14, 2022. Our application went into the “in progress” stage for the eligibility stage on Feb 24, 2022, but we haven’t received any updates since. Anyone else in the same boat?

Navs11

Star Member
Sep 8, 2021
Hello,

We submitted August 2021 and our application was received by IRCC on September 14, 2022. Our application went into the “in progress” stage for the eligibility stage on Feb 24, 2022, but we haven’t received any updates since. Anyone else in the same boat?
Your Visa office please?

Alokuk692

Star Member
Sep 9, 2015
Hi Guys my wife received a PPR on June 3 and we have sent her passport for stamping. Will the COPR arrive back with the passport and if not then when is COPR issued?

Sep'21 applicant Outland from India

Thanks

Navs11

Star Member
Sep 8, 2021
Hi Guys my wife received a PPR on June 3 and we have sent her passport for stamping. Will the COPR arrive back with the passport and if not then when is COPR issued?

Thanks
Congratulations! Could you please let me know your full timeline and your VO please.

chadnan93

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019

Thanks
You will get the COPR with the passport when it returns.

Dixit patel

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Hello,

We are. Ours went into the progress on Feb 08-2022.

Dixit patel

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015

Thanks
Hi, we are in the same boat. August 21 outland from india. can you share your timeline?

Jody123

Jun 6, 2022
We are. Ours went into the progress on Feb 08-2022.
Wow. In part, I have to say I’m happy I’m not alone. When there is a long delay like this after steady, regular communication from IRCC it becomes worrying. This process has been very discouraging with being unable to know how much longer we are supposed to wait. I’m praying for a quick approval for us. I’m missing my husband more than words can describe.

Reactions: Navs11