+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

rj2110

Dec 29, 2021
Hi everyone,

Is it normal to see Background Check in progress before SA.?
Is there any particular sequence that is followed after getting the AOR?

Thanks

tahab

Oct 3, 2021
I have submitted the requested document (marriage certificate) in English and also was able to link my application to GCKey.

The main issue was entering 1 applicant and when I put in 2, it worked, strange, but yup.

Let's see what is next in the process. Do you guys know what happens next now? Biometrics and... ?

Reactions: kd73426

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi does anyone else know about this? From which GIC account we link the application? From Sponsor GIC account or create a new GIC account for PA.
Thanks

tigerc

Sep 16, 2021
Online Application: Submitted Sept 15 | BIL Dec 22 | AOR Dec 23 | SA Dec 23

Hi all, I have a question more about applying for a Study Permit from within Canada.

My spouse has a Visitor Visa and plans to join me in Feb 2022. She also applied for graduate programs to start in Sept 2022. If the PR did not come soon enough, she would need to apply for a Study Permit in April or May 2022 (from within Canada).

However, it seems like "Foreign nationals who are in-Canada visitors are not eligible to apply for a study permit from within Canada unless they are exempt under section R215. They must submit their application package online or to a VAC. If their application is approved, they must obtain their study permit at a POE."
[Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/making-application.html]

Does that mean she could apply for a Study Permit ONLINE but needs to EXIT Canada in order to present herself at a POE to get her study permit? Obviously, this would be a huge issue given the covid situation and all the border restrictions and quarantine requirements.

Any advice? Given that she is the spouse of a Permanent Resident, is there any workaround?

Thanks in advance!

ML2021

Oct 9, 2021
Hi everyone,
How do I check my sponsorship application decision? ECAS shows a decision was made and my wife’s application has just received requests for biometrics and medical exam, but I wanted to double check my sponsor application to make sure it’s been approved.

I had linked the paper application to the online portal but can’t see the sponsorship application specifically.

hiru6613

Jan 27, 2015
Hi everyone,
How do I check my sponsorship application decision? ECAS shows a decision was made and my wife’s application has just received requests for biometrics and medical exam, but I wanted to double check my sponsor application to make sure it’s been approved.

I had linked the paper application to the online portal but can’t see the sponsorship application specifically.
when did you sent your file ?
i called ircc and they dont want to give any update on file. No aor only bio request as of now.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone,

I don't know of any simple way to check apart from gcms notes.

Recommend you just wait unless you have some reason to specifically worry about sposnorship approval. It seems IRCC is being less diligent about sending the SA approval letter recently.

If you have some specific reason to worry, or you're just really worried for no reason, order gcms notes.

Personally I'd suggest ordering gcms notes at some point in the process anyway - but less info if ordered earlier.

Reactions: ricky.lambton

ricky.lambton

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi, anyone here with valid biometrics from temporary visa(Study visa, Visitor visa) received AOR and got there biometrics updated? I'm worrying as some of the applicants in past received Biometrics fee request to do it again.