+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks everyone for your quick responses! Based on what everyone responded with - glad I got my AOR!

@ROCK ON , @sirliujin - Yes, the Dec-7th email does have my Application No.
@phoenix232 - The Dec-7th email has an attachment which states "This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship..." The Dec-15th email does not have an attachment but invites me to create an account to track my application with the Citizenship Application Tracker.
Both emails have my Application No. and UCI No.

@rajkamalmohanram - Can you please add (updated) my details to the spreadsheet:
Application Type: Online
Physical Presence: 1095 days
Application: Single
Application Sent: September 17, 2021
AOR Received: December 7, 2021

What are the timelines to Test/Interview and Citizenship Grant that we are currently facing?

Thanks All!
Please request someone from September 2021 thread to add you. I am not adding/updating any entries except for September 2020, I'm sorry.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have the same question re this - I don't think I have received my AOR. However, I do have an email dated Dec 7, 2021 with an attached PDF that states: "This is to acknowledge receipt of your application for Canadian Citizenship. We will review your application and supporting documents and will contact you if additional information is required..." - Is this my AOR?

Also, @rajkamalmohanram , can you please add my details to the tracker/spreadsheet?

Application Type: Online
Physical Presence: 1095 days
Application: Single
Application Sent: September 17, 2021
Application Received: Not Sure - I received email confirmation of the Application on the same day, i.e. September 17, 2021. I also received a more recent email on Dec 15, 2021, stating "Your application was created in our system on December 7, 2021 and is currently in progress." Is this my AOR, or is it CIC confirming that they've simply received my application?

Thanks!!!
I guess someone else is updating the spreadsheets now. I'll let them update it, thanks.

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Thanks @rajkamalmohanram! I would be happy to do so, but I am not sure who is responsible for doing that in the Sep-21 thread. Anyhow, I hope they see this conversation and help me out.
I guess someone else is updating the spreadsheets now. I'll let them update it, thanks.
Your data already exists on the spreadsheet and it has been there for a while now. See row 76 for your reference.

ee5267

Jun 18, 2019
Is anybody here still waiting for AOR for applications delivered around 1st Oct?
My paper application was delivered on 1st Oct, and havn't received AOR or the returned application.
Wondering if some applications got delayed due to holidays.

ee5267

Jun 18, 2019
Mine and my spouse applications are returned today :( reason was "You have not submitted two identification documents." i have sent passport and PR card photocopies as id proofs, but looks like PR card is not considered as identification document.

can we send Driving license and medical cards as proof?

i have both but my spouse doesn't have a driving license, medical card should be good enough right?
Can you please confirm if you received the returned application individually for each applicant, or as a single package?
I have not yet received AOR for my application delivered on Oct 1 and wondering if I will receiving the returned application.
My daughter's address in the application is different from the rest of applicants, and so was wondering if they will be returned individually. or together.

Thanks for your response.

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Can you please confirm if you received the returned application individually for each applicant, or as a single package?
I have not yet received AOR for my application delivered on Oct 1 and wondering if I will receiving the returned application.
My daughter's address in the application is different from the rest of applicants, and so was wondering if they will be returned individually. or together.

Thanks for your response.
Got them in a single package. Mine and my wife's application had the issue while they attached a note to my daughter's application that it is complete but returning back as it was applied with parents application.

ee5267

Jun 18, 2019
Got them in a single package. Mine and my wife's application had the issue while they attached a note to my daughter's application that it is complete but returning back as it was applied with parents application.
Thanks for the information.

ee5267

Jun 18, 2019
I have a unique problem where I got the emails from IRRC titled "Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application ..."
I assume this is not the actual AOR mail, but possibly a followup of AOR mail.
It says my application in the system was created on Dec 22.
I did not get any AOR mail on Dec 22 or later, and am still waiting for the same.

I assume my AOR mail is somehow lost.

Can you please let me know:
1. What is the email subject/title of AOR mails?
2. Does the application creation date in AOR mails correspond closely to when you receive the AOR mails?
3. Is the application number stated in AOR mail?
4. Is there any other way to get the application number?

I cannot create a tracker account without my application number, but that mail seems to be unsent/undelivered.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I have a unique problem where I got the emails from IRRC titled "Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application ..."
I assume this is not the actual AOR mail, but possibly a followup of AOR mail.
It says my application in the system was created on Dec 22.
I did not get any AOR mail on Dec 22 or later, and am still waiting for the same.

I assume my AOR mail is somehow lost.

Can you please let me know:
1. What is the email subject/title of AOR mails?
2. Does the application creation date in AOR mails correspond closely to when you receive the AOR mails?
3. Is the application number stated in AOR mail?
4. Is there any other way to get the application number?

I cannot create a tracker account without my application number, but that mail seems to be unsent/undelivered.
The email should come from
"Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre • Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca"

Check your spam folder.

ee5267

Jun 18, 2019
The email should come from
"Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre • Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca"

Check your spam folder.
Thanks for the email id.
I did check my spam folder and also made sure it didn't automatically go to other folders in my mailbox.
In fact for the past month I am closely monitoring my spam folder as much as the inbox, and keeping it clean. :)

At this point it seems either they sent it to wrong address or their system failed to send it.
I will also watch out for regular mail (canadapost) and I have filed a web-form to request my application number so that I can start tracking.

Thanks again.

Reactions: funloving

sirliujin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Thanks for the email id.
I did check my spam folder and also made sure it didn't automatically go to other folders in my mailbox.
In fact for the past month I am closely monitoring my spam folder as much as the inbox, and keeping it clean. :)

At this point it seems either they sent it to wrong address or their system failed to send it.
I will also watch out for regular mail (canadapost) and I have filed a web-form to request my application number so that I can start tracking.

Thanks again.
For the question 4, I suggest you give IRCC a phone call and explain your situation. The agent will verify your ID. That could be solve your problem faster than web form. 888-242-2100