+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Hi all,

below are my application details. still waiting for AOR..

Application type: Paper based
Application: Family (3)
Application submitted: Sept 20, 2021
Application received: Sept 23, 2021

anyone still in the same boat waiting for AOR?
Mine and my spouse applications are returned today :( reason was "You have not submitted two identification documents." i have sent passport and PR card photocopies as id proofs, but looks like PR card is not considered as identification document.

can we send Driving license and medical cards as proof?

i have both but my spouse doesn't have a driving license, medical card should be good enough right?

rafayet

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Nomination.....
CC charged 21 January 2015, PER 12 February 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
Passport Req..
27-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015
Mine and my spouse applications are returned today :( reason was "You have not submitted two identification documents." i have sent passport and PR card photocopies as id proofs, but looks like PR card is not considered as identification document.

i have both but my spouse doesn't have a driving license, medical card should be good enough right?
Driving/Medical card is good enough

Reactions: ryalla

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
and do i need to submit a new application or just sending back the received application is good enough? our applications are stamped with received date as september 23. now its more than 90 days since my application is stamped.

Last edited:

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021

Check the highleted text below from the application guide:

photocopies of two (2) pieces of personal identification.

Examples of identification you can use include:

• a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document (as requested above and also can be one (1) of your pieces of personal identification)
  • permanent resident card (PR card)
    • A PR card may only be used as personal identification if your second piece of personal identification was issued by the Canadian government.
  • driver’s licence
  • health insurance card
  • senior citizen identification card
  • age of majority card
  • foreign identity documents, such as a passport or government issued identification documents

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3

Reactions: ryalla

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
Check the highleted text below from the application guide:

photocopies of two (2) pieces of personal identification.

Examples of identification you can use include:

• a copy of the biographical page of your passport/travel document (as requested above and also can be one (1) of your pieces of personal identification)
  • permanent resident card (PR card)
    • A PR card may only be used as personal identification if your second piece of personal identification was issued by the Canadian government.
  • driver’s licence
  • health insurance card
  • senior citizen identification card
  • age of majority card
  • foreign identity documents, such as a passport or government issued identification documents

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#Step3
yaa it was a stupid miss from my end, dont understand why i did not include all our proofs while sending :(

lechunayar

Mar 29, 2019
Sad to know. I have the same problem. I send a copy of PR card as one of my identification card. Probably they might have send the application back. I did not receive it though. Since i moved to US, I put my friends address as mail address. He is not in town this week to check the post.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Sad to know. I have the same problem. I send a copy of PR card as one of my identification card. Probably they might have send the application back. I did not receive it though. Since i moved to US, I put my friends address as mail address. He is not in town this week to check the post.
Using a PR card as one of your IDs isn't a problem as long as your second one is a Canadian issued ID card.

ryalla

Star Member
Jan 5, 2019
and do i need to submit a new application or just sending back the received application is good enough? our applications are stamped with received date as september 23. now its more than 90 days since my application is stamped.

since my application is stamped on september 23, is it okay if i just send the returned application?

Lithiumwow

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
Was the error due to a time zone difference in the submission?
No the date for physical presence wasn't correct just had to change to the 1 day before the submission date. So if you are submitting today the calculation will be till yesterday.

Mrs khan5555

Oct 22, 2015
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
nova scotia sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11 May 2016
Doc's Request.
8 nov 2016; rprf (requested schedule A, IMM5669; 2 oct 2017)
Nomination.....
19 April 2016
AOR Received.
Credit card charged 30june2016, AOR recieved 20july2016
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
2 May 2017; re-medical 24 April 2017
Med's Done....
5 May 2017(passed)re-med (dep) 4May2018(passed) background changed 15 sep 2017 completed: 1May2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
Primary4june2018;dependent9june 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Primary15june2018;Dependent20june2018
LANDED..........
Primary23june2018;dependent19july 2018
Application type: Online
Application: Single
Application sent: Sept 23, 2021
AOR: Dec 12, 2021

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
since my application is stamped on september 23, is it okay if i just send the returned application?
They probably should have mentioned that somewhere as part of the returned application, but as far as I know you need to update the physical presence calculator when resubmitting your application