+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Made a last minute arrangement at a bigger library! Ceremony done, waiting for certificate!

Question: did they ask you to put officer's name as the subject? And how long did it take for you to receive an auto reply?
Congratulations. Yes i did write officer’s name along with application number and my name (either full name or last name). Got the auto reply in 10-15 mins.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Congratulations. Yes i did write officer’s name along with application number and my name (either full name or last name). Got the auto reply in 10-15 mins.
Thanks, glad it’s done! I haven’t received the auto reply after 5 hours. Should I send it again? They told us to write just the officers name and that’s what I did

Reactions: ROCK ON

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
You can send again, if you want. You can ask IRCC tomorrow.
Just hope there’s no problem with the ceremony. I asked about swearing oath to the monarch and the judge talked to me directly saying it's compulsory etc but I could write to ircc later to disavow.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Urgent processing approved after unexpected phone interview. Scheduled for virtual ceremony on June 21. Please update spreadsheet!
Passport picked up today June 30. Details in signature. Admin, please update spreadsheet!

Still hasn't hit me that I'm officially Canadian! This marks the end of a long and painful journey. I wish all those waiting all the best.

Will hang around in case I can be of any help.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Passport picked up today June 30. Details in signature. Admin, please update spreadsheet!

Still hasn't hit me that I'm officially Canadian! This marks the end of a long and painful journey. I wish all those waiting all the best.

Will hang around in case I can be of any help.
Congratulations. Happy Canada Day.

Reactions: johnjkjk

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Congratulations. Happy Canada Day.
Thank you, likewise. I am glad that my oath ceremony was on indigenous peoples day. As per the advice given to me by my citizenship judge, I will now be formally diaavowing the monarchy but submitting a sworn declaration to the IRCC minister.

Yvr2022

Feb 21, 2022
Just hope there’s no problem with the ceremony. I asked about swearing oath to the monarch and the judge talked to me directly saying it's compulsory etc but I could write to ircc later to disavow.
Hi just curious, how did you manage to talk to the judge directly during your virtual oath ceremony because when I had mine I don’t believe there was a possibility to be able to talk to the judge directly. Also when you received your passport, did you receive the new design or the old passport. Thanks.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hi just curious, how did you manage to talk to the judge directly during your virtual oath ceremony because when I had mine I don’t believe there was a possibility to be able to talk to the judge directly. Also when you received your passport, did you receive the new design or the old passport. Thanks.
I didn’t ask to speak to the judge. I mentioned to the clerk that I don’t believe in the monarchy. The judge decided to remind me that it’s a requirement to take the oath in full, but that I could disavow the monarchy as a citizen.

unfortunately I didn’t receive the new design.

Aslam717

Star Member
Sep 23, 2017
Halifax, NS
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Hey
Quick question
Did anyone get New Design Passport ?
I am in Halifax, NS. I was told at the passport office that the new design passport is only being processed in Ottawa. Halifax will be starting in September. It is what the officer told me.