+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Finally got everything LPP Background completed today! Citizenship ceremony not started. I’m travelling end of June though so I am wondering if anyone has tried expediting the oath process with proof of travel.
Which office is handling your application? My office which was Scarborough office referred me to Mississauga office so I could have my Oath 2 days after my LPP updated as completed, you only need to send an email to your office's Oath scheduling department with proof and explanation why you need the Oath asap so you can get passport for travelling. In my case, I lost my pr card.

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Sep 2021, who is still waiting for LPP?
Background verification and Prohibitions in progress. Submitted FP recently.

From this point, does anyone know how long would it take for Oath ceremony?

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
You can go for the passport as soon as you get your certificate. These days walkins in the passport office are super easy and less time consuming.
How long does it take for Passport process?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Background verification and Prohibitions in progress. Submitted FP recently.

From this point, does anyone know how long would it take for Oath ceremony?
Everything else done?
Waiting on security, criminality or both? If only the latter, background and prohibitions will be completed in a month and oath date within 3 months from now

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Thanks man. No. Initially the oath ceremony was on May 2, 2023. Due to strike it got rescheduled for June 1, 2023.
Admin, kindly update spreadsheet. As per online tracker, oath is on June 1, 2023. Still waiting for email.

Last edited:

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello Forum Members. Attended oath ceremony on June 1, 2023. The status of the tracker has changed from “in progress” to “closed”. Thank you and really appreciate the views and support you all have shown through replies to my posts on the forum.

Regards

Last edited:

acrobatmoon

Apr 18, 2018
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney
Application received September 9, 2021, AOR December 10, 2021. Yesterday, June 3, 2023, I received notice that my citizenship application is being returned to me for not meeting physical residence requirements. I used part of my time when I was a visitor from the US before I landed as a permanent resident. The letter I received said "our records could not verify any temporary resident time." So that leaves me with two questions:
  1. How can this be that they have no record, if border crossing records would verify this? Or is this because I didn't do a visitor record each time I was in Canada? I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that each time I entered Canada as an American, from the US, that automatically made me a temporary resident--and thus that time can be counted, as 1/2 a day, towards my physical residence requirement.
  2. Is there a way to appeal this decision at all that doesn't involve going to a federal court? Is there a phone number or email I can contact to get confirmation or ask questions?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Application received September 9, 2021, AOR December 10, 2021. Yesterday, June 3, 2023, I received notice that my citizenship application is being returned to me for not meeting physical residence requirements. I used part of my time when I was a visitor from the US before I landed as a permanent resident. The letter I received said "our records could not verify any temporary resident time." So that leaves me with two questions:
  1. How can this be that they have no record, if border crossing records would verify this? Or is this because I didn't do a visitor record each time I was in Canada? I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that each time I entered Canada as an American, from the US, that automatically made me a temporary resident--and thus that time can be counted, as 1/2 a day, towards my physical residence requirement.
  2. Is there a way to appeal this decision at all that doesn't involve going to a federal court? Is there a phone number or email I can contact to get confirmation or ask questions?
See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/grant/residence/calculate-physical-presence.html

Have you completed your test? Have you applied for gcms case notes? Did you get your travel historical report from the CBSA? (See https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/thr-rav-eng.html). Did you consent to them accessing your CBSA travel records in your application form?

If your time in Canada was genuine then at this point, you may want to take legal advice on your options.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hello Forum Members. Attended oath ceremony on June 1, 2023. The status of the tracker has changed from “in progress” to “closed”. Thank you and really appreciate the views and support you all have shown through replies to my posts on the forum.

Regards
Just got off the phone with IRCC. They say certificate will be dispatched and it may take upto 6 weeks after dispatch.
Anyway. I wish everyone all the very best. I hope that your application gets processed quickly without stress. Let me know if any advice or suggestion is needed. Will be glad to help.

Kind Regards

Reactions: johnjkjk

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
Just got off the phone with IRCC. They say certificate will be dispatched and it may take upto 6 weeks after dispatch.
Anyway. I wish everyone all the very best. I hope that your application gets processed quickly without stress. Let me know if any advice or suggestion is needed. Will be glad to help.

Kind Regards
Congratulations, did you get an auto-reply after sending the oath form?

Reactions: ROCK ON