+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
Updated: Background verification status has been updated to Completed Jan 2023.
I requested MP's office to look into my application in December 2022 and ordered GCMS in Dec 2022.
How more long should I expect to receive oath ceremony invitation? I'm traveling abroad very soon

Bondo2

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Cairo
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Updated: Background verification status has been updated to Completed Jan 2023.
I requested MP's office to look into my application in December 2022 and ordered GCMS in Dec 2022.
How more long should I expect to receive oath ceremony invitation? I'm traveling abroad very soon
I wish there was a simple answer but with IRCC everything is we will do it when we do it.
I have everything completed since December 16 and still no oath invitation

Nisht

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
Canada
You may want to try finding out whether it’s CSIS or CBSA that’s holding up your file. From my research, CSIS can sit on files for a long time if they suspect anything out of the ordinary (not just obvious terror threats). In some instances, your name comes up on a “watch list” or there’s a poison pen letter. Something or the other to warrant further investigations. Studying Federal mandamus legal cases, it seems they're notoriously slow at this task and the more serious the issue (in their eyes), the longer they make you wait- sometimes to get info from foreign governments, but sometimes without explanation. In some instances, files mysteriously get "lost in transit" for a year or two then reappear. In some cases they look at a file once or twice a year and kick it down the road.

CSIS is a highly secretive and unaccountable organization and apart from formal complaints to the security intelligence review committee (which tend to be dismissed - reading the annual reports), there’s not much one can do but wait it out or are lucky to become eligible for urgent processing.

That said, it could have something to do with the backlog. June/July applicants have been seeing background cleared recently so we may be a few months away from approval.
Hey @johnjkjk . How do you find out which one of them (CSIS or CBSA) is holding the file?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Hey @johnjkjk . How do you find out which one of them (CSIS or CBSA) is holding the file?
It’s probably CSIS but there’s nothing you can do about it either way. If you want to know for the sake of knowing, you can apply for atip notes from csis, but they won’t give you any details other than to confirm whether they’re processing your case.

shaama10

Nov 14, 2022
It’s probably CSIS but there’s nothing you can do about it either way. If you want to know for the sake of knowing, you can apply for atip notes from csis, but they won’t give you any details other than to confirm whether they’re processing your case.
hey, I just received notes from CBSA. How do I read them?

shaama10

Nov 14, 2022
Is anyone’s tracker link acting up? It’s not accepting my password and if I try resetting it it says not available at the moment. Can you link the tracker here so I know I’m clicking on the right one

Bondo2

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Cairo
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Last edited:

yukkiRN

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
Let us know if something. Another guy in this thread who applied on Sept 3 got background completed today so we have hope. Yours is coming soon
As you mentioned I got my background check updated to completed today. Finally!
The rest except citizenship test is still in progress but hey, I will take it!

ExLeo777

Star Member
Dec 19, 2022
Gatineau
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Received my application on June 2021
Test completed on Mar 2022
Everything is In progress now
Around 11 months nothing changed

Weid

May 29, 2019
HI Everyone

Putting my time-line to give hope to who were waiting like me.

Application applied in September 2021

AOR November 2021

Test scheduled April 2022

Test completed may 4th .

Then nothing for 8 month .

(During this time My husband who applied 2 month after me got everything completed before the one year mark and got his citizenship)

On January 9 my background was updated to complete .

And today January 20 everything else is updated to complete .

Waiting for the oath ceremony, and hopefully it would be soon .

yukkiRN

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
**Edited: this was meant to be a reply to the post above**

You are a little ahead of me. I’m Sep 15 2021 online applicant, Vancouver office, just got cleared background check 2 days ago.
You sure did give me a hope that things finally started moving for us. Almost there…almost!

Last edited: