+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
How does one get help from their MP? Do I just call and say I need help with finding out the status of my citizenship application? Would they not just ask me to call ircc directly?
Just sharing my experience. They give you consent form. After filling that form, they can ask IRCC on your behalf. In short the information which we get through ATIP/GCMS notes in minimum 30 days, MP office can get that information in shorter time.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Just sharing my experience. They give you consent form. After filling that form, they can ask IRCC on your behalf. In short the information which we get through ATIP/GCMS notes in minimum 30 days, MP office can get that information in shorter time.
Thanks for the info. Can the MP office liaise with CSIS and CBSA also for their notes?

Reactions: ROCK ON

onkar112

Star Member
Apr 5, 2022
Hello,
When I applied, instead of adding all the pages of the passport, I only scanned the ones with visas or stamps. Yesterday, the Surrey, BC office requested all the pages of the passports of the passports, I scanned and submitted them on the same day.
I have both the background check and test completed since March.

How long do you think it will take before they invite us to the oath?
The same thing happened to me. For me, it took a few months. However, I think it will probably be sooner for you.
I was asked to submit scan copy of all pages of the passport. If any stamp was not in English, it was to be translated.
They may ask for an interview.

renamotta

Mar 24, 2019
Hey all, my whole application was processed and I had oath November 1st but after I took oath I had no updates and I haven't received my certificate, anyone else? My online tracker shows nothing updated after Oct 9th.

• Wow
Reactions: HVAC_Controls

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hey all, my whole application was processed and I had oath November 1st but after I took oath I had no updates and I haven't received my certificate, anyone else? My online tracker shows nothing updated after Oct 9th.
What was your Office for Oath ? Is your application still in progress or closed?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
My MP Office claims that they now only liaise with IRCC once a month during a meeting, so it can take a long time to get any info, and that since the processing time is 24 months, it is of no use for them to approach IRCC until next year.

Reactions: ROCK ON

can-dreamz

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
I had my Oath on November 9th & today on ECAS it shows as COMPLETE. I haven't received the certificate yet. What was your Oath office?

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
My MP Office claims that they now only liaise with IRCC once a month during a meeting, so it can take a long time to get any info, and that since the processing time is 24 months, it is of no use for them to approach IRCC until next year.
Like I said each MP office is different.

HVAC_Controls

Feb 26, 2017
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
16-12-2016 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
19-04-2017
Med's Request
09-02-2018
Med's Done....
11-02-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
50-03-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Hi Guys, I applied for the passport and i received it yesterday Nov 28th. I applied in person in St. Cathrine passport office. I had a ticket from travel agent. The ticket was for Nov 30th, I applied Nov 22

gaurangnshah

Star Member
Nov 21, 2015
is anyone facing issue in login in the citizenship tracker.

I am trying to login but I am getting following error. I am getting same error while trying to reset the password. I haven't changed the password for sure as I am using lastpass to save it.

Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on the Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] form or the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual [IMM 5475] form. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your client’s application is not in our system yet.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Unfortunately it seems your MP isn't that helpful