+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2021 - Citizenship Applications

small_251193

Nov 10, 2018
Yeah but still. Most of the applicants have background check completed or fingerprints requested before or during test window. Its frustrating.
Same boat. My test was done on June 3, and no update since then, background is pending, prohibitions, languages and physical presence are pending too. Have no idea what they are doing but can only wait. Nothing I can do. I called IRCC and the agent told me my background check was half done, criminality was done but security is pending. Just wait I guess. But I’m happy to see others are moving forward, maybe it will be my turn soon.

Reactions: ROCK ON

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Same boat. My test was done on June 3, and no update since then, background is pending, prohibitions, languages and physical presence are pending too. Have no idea what they are doing but can only wait. Nothing I can do. I called IRCC and the agent told me my background check was half done, criminality was done but security is pending. Just wait I guess. But I’m happy to see others are moving forward, maybe it will be my turn soon.
I am happy for others. I hope that you and everyone else waiting for citizenship should get the whole process completed quickly without delay. Your situation is similar to mine. The difference is that your security part is in progress where in my case the criminality part is in progress.

Xhosa

Jul 25, 2017
Hi All,

Got an oath ceremony request for Nov 7.

AOR- Dec
Test- June 7th
I got a status change in Tracker to "Take the Oath of Citizenship" however, I havent received any email. Any idea how long does it take for email to come? Anybody who received a oath ceremony in first week of Nov, have you guys received email from IRCC?

Reactions: Mthornt

Monikaran

May 9, 2017
I got a status change in Tracker to "Take the Oath of Citizenship" however, I havent received any email. Any idea how long does it take for email to come? Anybody who received a oath ceremony in first week of Nov, have you guys received email from IRCC?
Yeah i got that update on tracker too usually the email is sent after a day or so it happened to me when i got the test update.

Monikaran

May 9, 2017
We had been waiting since July 14 for the oath date. Got the update this morning! Some get it within days, others months!
better check online everyday as the email for oath will be sent just several days before the oath! Ours will be on November 8.
I got the oath update on the tracker and mine will be on November 10th though i have a trip booked for Nov 18th , any idea what to do next?

Reactions: Mthornt

Baharm

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
I got the oath update on the tracker and mine will be on November 10th though i have a trip booked for Nov 18th , any idea what to do next?
Assuming you can't change the travel dates, you have to wait for the email with the instructions for the oath ceremony which also includes an email address to reach out to for cases like this so that they postpone your ceremony

Monikaran

May 9, 2017
Assuming you can't change the travel dates, you have to wait for the email with the instructions for the oath ceremony which also includes an email address to reach out to for cases like this so that they postpone your ceremony
Thank you so much i will wait for the email.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Do you have any idea if we can request a date (earliest from a specific date) when postponing or is it upto them?

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015
Hi all,
Was reading the chat, It seems some cases move faster than others which at times can be frustrating for those waiting. We need to be patient with timelines otherwise they have an advertised processing time of 26 months :)

Now my question:
Both I & my wife gave fingerprints in Jan, her status on background check was completed in May while mine is still pending. What can be a possible reason? We have been living together.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: ROCK ON

BreakingBad

Oct 3, 2015
Mexico
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico VO
NOC Code......
Does anyone know if oath is now in-person or can it still be virtual? SCR processed my application.
Seems like some in-person Ceremonies are happening. In any case, even if you get request for In person ceremony you can ask them to schedule virtual ceremony and they will change it. Probably another day if same day is not possible.

Samoinp

May 30, 2017
Seems like some in-person Ceremonies are happening. In any case, even if you get request for In person ceremony you can ask them to schedule virtual ceremony and they will change it. Probably another day if same day is not possible.
Gotcha. I'm actually trying to get in-person just to get the certificate right away and apply for passport on same or next day. Have travel plans, lets see how it goes.

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Hi all,
Was reading the chat, It seems some cases move faster than others which at times can be frustrating for those waiting. We need to be patient with timelines otherwise they have an advertised processing time of 26 months :)

Now my question:
Both I & my wife gave fingerprints in Jan, her status on background check was completed in May while mine is still pending. What can be a possible reason? We have been living together.

Thanks in advance.
now its 25 months.

RamyMN

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hi all,

Now my question:

Thanks in advance.
Sometimes background checks take longer times. Try calling IRCC hopefully an agent could shed some light on your case. You can also request an ATIP, this would take longer time for IRCC to reply and would cost you 5$.